PDA

View Full Version : A note to a fellow member

Segway Shawn
02-19-2007, 01:59 AM
I will not post his name because I sent this in a reply to a private message. It is the truth, the way I feel, and the way we do business.

Its nice to know everyone here does not think I am an axxhole. I can admit I am once in a while but definetly not a regular basis.

I can say I never felt so frustrated with having to answer all the people dissecting my posts or video. I see the same things being done by those that accuse, I am sure others do too.

My wife stirred it up even more and I had to bark at my son this afternoon. Its a small operation here, my wife helps out when she can but its really just my son and I that run SegwayNM.

My oldest son is in another state and my two younger ones are good for slave labor on the weekend. They make a good caboose and they have been on Segways for couple years now and know how to keep people from running off on our tours.

I post here in hopes that someone will buy something from us. I try to lay low because I am a dealer and felt the vibes early that this is more for private Segway fans.

As a dealer we have been trying not to say things that would make people think we are selling segways for less than someone else. I know I was aggressive last year but Monique (whom I adore), asked me not to advertise in a way that would make it sound like we sell for less. The we refuse to be undersold tag, or call us for rock bottom prices etc.

The more I backed off the more aggressive Jared became. He even has flat out copied some of the adds I posted. Or at least the catch phrases I used in some of them. Like Call around then call us for the best deal. That was posted 8 months ago by me.

I post he posts on top instantly, then friends of jareds started in doing it. I would stop by the site post and leave. If I waited a few minutes and watched his post would be right on top of ours. I have just been letting it go for the last few months and then my wife happen to post last week and he started on her. Then the friends, like a pack of wild dogs, they just start barking at her for everything they hate about me, or our dealership.

We have never shipped a segway out of the US, we don't advertise below MSRP, we dont sell new Segways on ebay. Directly or indirectly. When someone calls I ask where are you from, have you spoken to your local dealer and "why" they should.

I sell for less than MSRP.....

I think there are many dealers that do Not go as far as I do when it comes to the team spirit of Segway. I do know that most dealers "think" we are a Jared type dealer because of the advertising here. They also think I just sell anywhere without a care about the customer. Thats just bullshit.

Anyone that has purchased something from us or just shopped me knows I do a good job selling and that in itself pisses some dealers off. Customer service is important to us and it shows when people actually call or visit.

This is way to long winded I apologize.

Thanks for the "fair and balanced" opinion of us.

like that? I think thats fox news [xx(]

(thats a private joke)

I mean it.

Regards,

SS

JaredHT
02-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Okay, i feel the need to post a response. I'm glad the topic is on this part of the forum, so as not interfere with with the 'main-teir' sections of the forum.

First off, i don't think aggressive advertising here is a bad thing. The more aggressive we both are, the more we come up with unique and inventive ways of advertising our stores. With the exception of recently when it became overly aggressive.

But, we've been modded...we'll play within the rules, and..of course, we'll do our best and be as aggressive as is allowable within those guidelines.

As for your phrase 'a Jared type dealer'. You don't know anything about me? Aggressive, sure. We both know you have to be in this business. But, i'm a straight forward guy...i don't misrepresent any products or do anything dishonest. So, this phrase struck me as odd.

Finally, as for copying. I can tell you that coming from the auto business, there are no sayings or slogans that are unique to either of us...'call around then call us', 'your best bottom-line deal', 'we'll be any price'. I mean seriously... there is a tool-box of such slogans....and everyone just cycles through them. You do, we do...open up your Sunday paper and spot a few. lol

pam
02-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Now that Jared has responded to this thread, and since it is somewhat private, I'm going to lock it, and request that Shawn and Jared continue any conversation off-forum.

Thanks,
Pam