PDA

View Full Version : I hate ebay!

radharvey
02-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Ok folks heres the thing.

I had 9 listings on ebay which I listed when I was in th UK. I just got to my girls house in Pennsylvania and logged into my account.

Immediatly I got 10 emails from ebay saying all my listings had been cancelled
(I had $600 worth of bids!) due to fraudulent activity / account hijacking?!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Time to spend the next few hours relisting my items. Kind of off topic but feel free to move the thread!

Ryan

pam
02-09-2007, 11:03 AM
FIRST you need to straighten out your ebay account. Any time they make a change to your account, they'll email you at the email addy you have in your profile. Be sure that's up to date. I caught someone from Indonesia stealing my ebay account that way and although they managed to start ripping me off (to the tune of 6k), I was able to get it stopped and the money straightened out - the last money exchange charge was finally eliminated from my paypal account about 4 weeks later. You really have to stay on top of your ebay account, checking in daily, etc. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you, it's a real PITA, I know. I can't tell you how unique my current password is LOL.
Pam

radharvey
02-10-2007, 11:10 AM
I got everything figured out!

Isn't it weird that you can't call them and talk to a human being? I ended up having a intsant message conversation with someone via a link on the site and, after about 20 minutes (a hundred questions and them calling my house in England) I got everthing figured out.

Its a shame because all the listings were cancelled and I had $600 bids! I then had to re-list all the items and explain in the listing why my account had been suspended. One item had 35 watchers and 9 bidders. I understand all these people received emails from ebay stating that 'the listing had been cancelled due to fraudulant activity'!, How embarrassing!

Of the 6 items that were being bid on I only managed to contact one bidder and explain to him what happened (he was a fellow forum member on SC), and we were able to get things back on track and the deal went through last night!

I was not happy as you can probably tell from my rant!

PS. I have been told to be careful as to which questions you reply to, and always tick the box "hide my email address" when replying to questions. Otherwise Fraudsters (or As#@!$es as I am now caling them) will then have your ebay login and email address, If they manage to get your password they pretty much have free reign over the accounts!

Hope all is well Pam, Thanks again for your offer of a meet up while I was in Florida last year, sorry I was not able to attend.

Ryan

outside
02-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Here is a direrct line to e-bay. I think you should call them right away. Pishing is very prevelant on e-bay and you may have been phished. I have gotten these emails when selling on e-bay. it looks very official, but it is not here is the direrct line 402-935-2050. You need to call and make sure you were talking to them. You may well have been, but if you gave any account or personal info to them, I would double check. I am usually a very positive person and , don't mean to be a naysayer, but in these days and times you need to play it safe.

Beachrider

Madsegs
02-10-2007, 05:32 PM
I had similar eBay hassels but i had my account frozen just because it was a segway......All straightened out in the end but one hell of a hassel. I think as there is so much fraud concerning Segways on eBay they are very wiery.

Thankx again Ryan for the bag, i bid again and won it. I must admit if i had not had the prior problems i may not have bid again in fear of it being fraud.

There are good sellers and fraudsters in all walks of life, not just on eBay.

wwhopper
02-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I got a bunch of messages from electronic sellers in China.

I reported it to EBay.

Like anything else, you always have to be careful when dealing with folks on the internet. I remember a guy whose house I was managing, came to DC to meet some hottie he met on the internet, and was upset that the person that showed up at the door was not what was pictured. So I asked him what his picture and bio looked like.... He declined to tell me what his profile was like.. He was a slime ball anyway, glad I got rid of him as a customer!

You got to vet anyone you deal with in business be it in person, over the internet or whereever. Especially if there is Money involved.

Mr_Laurenzano
02-11-2007, 11:20 PM
6 in perfect condition
with offboard chargers, and batts
sinage
and such
Her name is Joey.
tour now!
crash

Mr_Laurenzano
02-11-2007, 11:51 PM
http://www.ibotnow.com/