PDA

View Full Version : A Positive Post on Gizmodo?

falves
02-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Check this out:

Wheelchair Segway Mod (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/wheelchair-segway-mod-234476.php)

Cheers,
Fernando

Cube128
02-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Nah, not quite positive. Note the double negetive: "Why shouldn't the wheelchair-bound not be able to have fun on the Segway?" I remember when the Segseat first went on sale, boy did those websites have a field day!

drmarty
02-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Hmm. Better than most of their stuff, tho.

I tried to go to the site of the maker and got nada.

Who wants to sell me a Segseat? Somebody snatched up the last one. Who could that have been? I was snoozing. ha ha

Marty

polo_pro
02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
If you can't find a dealer who'll give you a reasonable price on a Segseat, I can put you in contact with maker of the Segseat. OPTA - Of course, we could also just as easily get Mario to come on out to the next polo match, and you could come and talk to him in person.

See, as always the answer to most of life's problems isn't talking to the right person, locating the best deal or even thinking outside the box. It's much simpler than that...just come to polo. 8^) 8^) 8^)

falves
02-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Hey Steve,

I contacted Mario about buying some replacement front & rear bumpers for my SegSeat. He said that he'd see if he had some spares and just send them to me, but that's the last I heard from him. I've tried emailing him back, but got no response... If you see him or know how to contact him, can you please ask him to let me know what happened?

Thanks!

-Fernando

Tarkus
02-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Marty,

You have PM.

Be Big,
Alan

PeteInLongBeach
02-09-2007, 02:50 AM
Hey Steve,

I contacted Mario about buying some replacement front & rear bumpers for my SegSeat. He said that he'd see if he had some spares and just send them to me, but that's the last I heard from him. I've tried emailing him back, but got no response... If you see him or know how to contact him, can you please ask him to let me know what happened?

Thanks!

-Fernando

Has Mario stopped making SegSeats for the gen1 machines? Did I wait too long? Uh ohh....

polo_pro
02-09-2007, 11:50 AM
You should have no problem finding Segseats. Besides plenty of Segseats in the dealer network, I know Mario has a fair number himself. If any dealer says, "Segseats aren't available", then they probably mean that they choose not to stock them (nor want to buy them for whatever reason...maybe they have a competing product?).

Segseats have a MRSP of $750. If you posted a WTB and mentioned that number, I'm sure your msg box would be filled within a day with PMs from dealers who read this forum. I know a few have appeared on Ebay if you want to see what market rates are.

radharvey
02-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Folding control shaft? I want.

Are theses seats or shafts available?

polo_pro
02-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Folding control shaft? I want.

Are theses seats or shafts available?

The SegSeat folds down to be flat against the control shaft on gen 1 machines. And you can still collapse the control shaft down so that the whole segway is only 3 feet tall even though the segseat is attached to it. You can even undo the control shaft from the base while the segseat is attached to it.

In everyday use, you really never have to take the segseat off the segway ever.

ps - I'm not sure what you mean by "folding control shaft"? You'll have to be more specific about this if I'm to comment.

cmonkey
02-13-2007, 12:22 AM
I was down there this weekend, and they have a couple of segseats in stock.

falves
02-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Steve,

Did you read my post #5 above?

-Fernando

william collins
02-13-2007, 12:57 AM
I have a segseat made by Mario.. just that the one in the video is differant and has a seat like a farm tractor not bicycle type like mario's.And that foldind CS is very unique.. Anyone know whos selling this model? Pm Me

Five-Flags
02-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I have a segseat made by Mario.. just that the one in the video is differant and has a seat like a farm tractor not bicycle type like mario's.And that foldind CS is very unique.. Anyone know whos selling this model? Pm Me

A quick look around the website listed in the video (www.josepmora.com) shows several conceptual items. The Segway mod is likely a one-off design concept. It wasn't shown anywhere on the site that I could find...

hellphish
02-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Steve, RTFA! The video shows the control shaft being folded down without being disconnected. It is hot.

segwaybcn
02-14-2007, 11:14 AM
just for those interested, the contact details on the person that appears on the video is Josep Mora, from Barcelona Spain. His contact info is :
tel +34 937855106
mobile +34 646012332
josepmora@mixmail.com

The video displays just the first version that was used to try a solution for a folding CS, a Segway Seat, and being able to change from balance to standbye mode and viceversa without touching the ground nor steping on the platform sensors. He is already working on a more definite version to make it available for those interested.

Murray Fisher
02-15-2007, 11:02 AM
But has Mario or anyone adapted the Seg Seat to an i2. That is what I want badly....with that swinging Lean/steer it doesn't look like it is possible in that configuration at least!!

Murray Fisher

You should have no problem finding Segseats. Besides plenty of Segseats in the dealer network, I know Mario has a fair number himself. If any dealer says, "Segseats aren't available", then they probably mean that they choose not to stock them (nor want to buy them for whatever reason...maybe they have a competing product?).

Segseats have a MRSP of $750. If you posted a WTB and mentioned that number, I'm sure your msg box would be filled within a day with PMs from dealers who read this forum. I know a few have appeared on Ebay if you want to see what market rates are.

KSagal
02-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Murray,

I believe that people at SegVator have a seat that works on the i2. You need to check with them.

If you are talking about a seat that can be retracted like Mario's and still allow you to ride standing, I do not know.

I have never seen Segvators i2 seat, that I recall. I think I saw one of their designs at segfest, but I cannot recall if it was the gen 1 or the gen 2 version.

falves
02-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Hey Guys,

There are pictures of the SegVator i2 seats here:

Prototype Seats 1 (http://forums.segwaychat.com/showpost.php?p=136631&postcount=17) and 2 (http://forums.segwaychat.com/showpost.php?p=136650&postcount=18)

Later,
Fernando

GadgetmanKen
02-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Wow, I don't know how I missed this, other than my computer being down, course I haven't even noticed this Video and Podcasts Forum.
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/wheelchair-segway-mod-234476.php
The seat is cool, but wonder if it comes in larger sizes. It kinda looks small. But, what I really like is the folding control shaft., and how it also becomes a kickstand too. Thats ingenious.

I remember seeing some monster gopeds that had fold down shafts. I wonder if they are the same functionally? I mean on the gopeds you lifted up a spring loaded sleeve and the shaft had like a universal joint inside the sleeve. Any close ups anywhere?