PDA

View Full Version : what does the cop key do?

BillPaxton
01-15-2007, 09:22 PM
I have made several keys, but I really don't see what the "cop" key does (timout set to 5 seconds vs. 'never'). What does 'timeout' refer to? I let it drop and it doesn't shut off, in self-balance against a wall it doesn't shut off, what does it do??

bystander
01-15-2007, 09:34 PM
I have made several keys, but I really don't see what the "cop" key does (timout set to 5 seconds vs. 'never'). What does 'timeout' refer to? I let it drop and it doesn't shut off, in self-balance against a wall it doesn't shut off, what does it do??Put it in power assist mode by pressing the mode button once after departing the platform, it should power off in 5 seconds.

Acts no differently in balance mode, rider-on or riderless.

The point was that a police officer could turn off the PT without having to stand there and hold the mode button down for 2 full seconds, which is the normal way of shutting down. With the 5-second timeout, all it takes is a quick tap to cause a shutdown five seconds later.

There's another way to quickly shut off the gen1 PTs (without using the police timeout). Just dismount, grab the CS and pull it sideways, as if you want to lay it on one wheel. The internal sensors will detect the extreme tilt and start a safety shutdown.

drmarty
01-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Get in the cop car.