PDA

View Full Version : Impassioned Plea To Speak Up!

BillPaxton
01-12-2007, 12:30 AM
I am new to all of this, I only know about Segways because of a lucky break on a business trip to Madrid where I happened upon Madsegs Tours [Antony, I thank YOU the most], and I had such a great experience that I bought a glide for my wife & I.

Then Antony told me about segchat....I learned how to:

-make custom keys
-KETT the beyoch!!
-play polo? (well we're getting there - we are still East Coast after all)
-make INTENSE biscotti - love you Pam!!!! (damn - who would have thought of some of those combos??)
-custom paint my glides
-extend battery life
-write an impassioned letter to our Senate
-rig LEDs to my glide in ways I never thought of
-much,much more that is SO off topic, even for here

What I'm getting at is, we [the noobies] are cashing in on the stuff layed out by folks that have been doing this for 4-5 years! They had no one to ask, the dealers were few and far between, they just had to figure it out! And they took time out of their private lives to try to help us out.
GIVE 'EM REP POINTS whenever they help you . Tell them thank you. RESPECT them. I do! And say hello. We are a very small, tight-knit community and we need to stick together and help each other out whenever we can!
When guys like Timezkware Tim asks you to speak up - DO IT! It helps us all in the long run. Its CA and Holland under fire now but if we don't speak as ONE we have no one to blame but ourselves if no one hears us. We aren't in Holland, but we have to support our sad flying Dutchman.. If you are new you don't know how much FLORIN has contibuted, look!
WRITE your congressman/woman! WRITE your state senator! I don't care what you say but SAY SOMETHING!

+B

Timezkware Tim
01-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Many people do speak up. Luckily the Segway also speaks for itself (see my sig).

Thanks for this post, Bill.

Writing a support letter, like anything else, is a small chore at first, but quickly becomes very easy to do. The best thing about this forum is it's a great place for Segucation. For instance, the next guy to claim that a Segway has no brakes might be correct in one sense, but he or she is going to hear a lot about brakes very quickly, lol.

Tim