PDA

View Full Version : can you buy parts direct from Segway Inc?

BillPaxton
01-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I called my nearest dealer [Riva Segway of South Florida (http://find.segway.com/cgi-bin/dealer_web.cgi/106/Riva_Segway_of_South_Florida)] to purchase a new kickstand and get info on a few other things. The guy was really friendly and actually suggested to me that I go directly to Inc. to buy parts, because (and this is what he told me, not my opinion) Inc offers little or no incentive to dealers and they prefer to take care of customers directly at often better prices than he could offer. He also said that he was unable to check on what inventory was actually available or the current prices because he is simply sent a list every so often that is not very informative or accurate in terms of quantity available.
So I followed his advice: I got the # from segway.com and called. I left a detailed message. Left my home, office, cell#'s and email address. A week went by and I figured it was the holiday factor. Now two weeks and 2 phone calls plus an email and I can't get a person or a reply...
Am I just impatient [well actually I KNOW the answer to that already but am I *unreasonably* impatient]? Or do I just call the next closest dealer 125 miles away and see if I get a different answer?

+B

singman
01-02-2007, 06:36 PM
There are many good dealers that post on this site. I live in Minnesota, but have purchased several times from Segway New Mexico when parts weren't easily available locally. They are honest, and delivery time is fast.

You tried your home town dealer first which was the right thing to do. :-)

pam
01-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Bill, which model do you have? Unfortunately, sometimes INC doesn't get those calls returned as quickly as we would like.
If it's the 167 to 180, I'd check with one of the other dealers - say Jared or Steve at Segway Junkyard (Segway of Oakland).

Pam

Tarkus
01-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Bill, which model do you have? Unfortunately, sometimes INC doesn't get those calls returned as quickly as we would like.
If it's the 167 to 180, I'd check with one of the other dealers - say Jared or Steve at Segway Junkyard (Segway of Oakland).

Pam

I would do as Pam said.

I have always had good fast service when I buy direct from INC.
I try the dealers here first, then call INC.

Be Big,
Alan

Freddy
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Typical ....... Riva is not interested in selling period
Everything he said Inc, wanting to sell direct is not true, they have spent a lot of time and money setting up a dealer network,, some dealers have given up,
Just call another, there are plenty of dealers who care,
Also Inc is doing inventory and other year end work around all the holiday days off, They will call you shortly
Freddy

BillPaxton
01-02-2007, 11:37 PM

Pam

Thanks Pam I definitely will. Problem is I need so MUCH stuff but its all little (charge port cover, various guts, etc.) Both are i167s. Anyway I tried the local guy so now I guess I'll keep it "segchat local". Thanks so much. [btw-biscotti was a BIG hit at my Christmas party!]

wwhopper
01-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Segway of Annapolis, where I work part time, has a large inventory of pretty much everything one would need for a Segway, gen ones and gen twos, Xt's and P's. And our techs can fix just about anything. Even handlebars have been returned from the dead!

We just got in a shipment of BRAND SPANKING new handlebars, we have lots of kickstands, blue buttons, batteries, bags, mats - you name it. Even some one of a kind things, that I keep finding in the storage area, that I keep meaning to put on ebay, but someone from here always posts a need, and we ship it out to them.

And we are Haz Mat ceritified to ship the LiOns, as well. (of course shipping them costs a small fortune!)

And our crew knows and loves Segways. So send me an e-mail or give us a call, or better yet if you are in the mid-atlantic region, stop by!

Bill at Segnation dot com 1.877.SEGWAY4

pam
01-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for letting us know what kind of stock Segway of Annapolis has, Will. It's hard to know, sometimes, because dealers are stocked so differently.
Pam