PDA

View Full Version : It's A Sellout!!

Florida Ever-Glides
12-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Just one and a half weeks after opening at The Ritz Carlton, Sarasota, we have SOLD OUT both tour locations for two days in a row! That's 36 riders per day learning to ride and being exposed to the Segway Personal Transporter...

Our season is just starting and we believe that in 2007 we will be taking around 5,000 people per year. It's a lot of hard work , but the rewards and smiles are priceless....

Tarkus
12-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Way to go Tom !

Regards,
Alan

nickyboy
12-30-2006, 06:11 AM
Congratulations Tom.

I guess thats 18 guests per tour? Do you have two guides or does the radio system mean you can handle this number with just one guide?

Nick

nickyboy
12-30-2006, 06:17 AM
Doh, If Ii'd have taken the time to check out your website I would have realised its groups of six!

So much for me doing my "due dilligence"!

Nick

cruiter
12-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Way to go Tom. You may be on the way to being the Premier Tour Operator in the world (if your not already). Keep up the good work, you can be a wonderful Ambassador for Segway.

Are all of your units i2's now? Just curious if the're one kind or a mix. Have any of your tour guests turned into spontanious owner/gliders yet? For the kind of folks that stay at that hotel seems like you may have set your A** in a Hot Butter Tub as the saying goes :). Live large my friend.

Keep on keeping on.

Jim

Florida Ever-Glides
12-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Those numbers break down to 24 per day at my origional location, and 12 per day at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota.

I have NO i2's in any of my tour fleets. Only one i2 for personal use. All of the guests ride 'like new' i167's. As far as I'm concerned that unit is the BEST 'workhorse' Segway has ever built. For tours, it is the safest Segway for all ages. I hope that there are several evolutionary changes to the Gen2 before I have to start using them for tours...

Thanks for the support everyone...

pam
12-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Congratulations, Tom. I wish you continued success.
Pam

nickyboy
01-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Those numbers break down to 24 per day at my origional location, and 12 per day at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota.

I have NO i2's in any of my tour fleets. Only one i2 for personal use. All of the guests ride 'like new' i167's. As far as I'm concerned that unit is the BEST 'workhorse' Segway has ever built. For tours, it is the safest Segway for all ages. I hope that there are several evolutionary changes to the Gen2 before I have to start using them for tours...

Thanks for the support everyone...

Tom,

I'm interested in your comments about the i167 being safer than an i2 for tours. I guess other people have tried your i2, was it easier for them to get to grips with the controls on the gen 1 machine, or do you find the i2 less "stable"?

Nick

SegRC
01-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Tommyboy (The Ritzinator),

You making mad money in Sarasota. Jesus, Mary and Joseph...thats a lot of Segway Tours.

Keep on Seggin',

SegRC

Florida Ever-Glides
01-01-2007, 09:53 PM
We know have six tour guides who are well trained in Segway instruction, guest safety, 1st class customer service, and providing unforgettable experiences.

Our new uniforms bring a new level of class to our 'attraction' and our attitude in the delivery of the tour makes the guests feel like they are well taken care of.

Just this week, one of our guides received a $50.00 tip (we are not allowed to solicit tips, but they can accept them if offered) from two different couples on two different tours. This tells me that they are doing an exceptional job!

Our new headphone system at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota tour is becoming such a useful tool for both the guest and our guides, that I'll probably start using the system downtown shortly.

We are now featured continually on the 'hotel channel' at the Ritz. Their guests can see information about our tour on the TV, at the concierge desk, and in their guest Resort Planner.

I couldn't ask for any more...

Timezkware Tim
01-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Tom,

CONGRATS! I love hearing about successful Segway stories.

Could you provide a heads-up on what headphone system you're using? thanks.

Tim