PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Seggers

pam
12-25-2006, 09:16 AM
OK, we're all renaissance seggers here -ahead of our time, non-traditionalists- I can pop a tire on my 167 (I even know the donkey kick to do it without a mallet) and drop batteries and all kinds of guy things - so my quiz to you (guys) is:

How many of you who are eating at home know what's on the menu for today (other than the pies) - and better yet, renaissance men, who's cooking what?:p

Pam

Our menu here:
Honey baked ham, spiral sliced
apple/cranberry pineapple salad (not jello - just smushed, with nuts, cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar)
cheesy garlic mashed potatoes
spinach with feta
Pecan pie
Iced tea
(and no, I'm not trying to kill off my brother and dad for their money LOL - it's a once a year THING! At least I didn't add the bread!)

wwhopper
12-25-2006, 11:10 AM
It's Prime Rib

Mashed Potatoes

Green Beans

And a Crumble Pie

We will try to get into the kitchen, but I know that we will get chased out. Though when we do make it in, our pots get stirred and our flames get adjusted, there is nothing worse than a back seat cook. Our someone cooking in someone else's kitchen!

Timezkware Tim
12-25-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm having an "Old Fashioned Christmas Barbeque" complete with BBQ chicken & ribs, sausage & peppers, corn on the cob, potato salad and watermelon.

You can only have so much Turkey and Goose, and it will hit 72° today. Why not? :)

Tim

citivolus
12-25-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm only partially cooking at home but my contributions to todays cooking has been.

Sweet potato waffles
Broiled scallops
Squash alfredo
Fried tofu (Unfortunately, I didn't have time to make fresh tofu.)
Whatever else I can toss together in the next hour or two. ;)

QuadSquad
12-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Well here in St. Louis (where by the way I'm doing most of the cooking) were having for 14:

Prime Rib with Bordelaise Sauce (my specialty)

Twice baked potatoes (Pam is doing that)

Roasted Asparagus

Sticky Toffee Pudding, with caramel sauce and real whipped cream or Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream.

Oh yeah and the most important part, Wine, lots of wine!

KSagal
12-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanksgivng is my personal holiday. I do the turkey and homemade stuffing and have done so for years... My wife credits my rock cornish hens (Stuffed and prepared like little turkeys) as one of my moves that secured our future...

Every holiday, including today, I have quite a following for my Chocolate Courvoisier Mousse. It is spectacular, if I say so myself.

So... Dinner today at my sister-in-laws house is up to her. Dessert is on me.

macgeek
12-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Reservations

Jonathan

falves
12-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Jonathan,

That's perfect! :)

-Fernando