PDA

View Full Version : Need an electric wheelchair

drmarty
12-21-2006, 11:09 PM
My daughter has asked me to see if anyone knows the whereabouts of a cheap electric wheelchair. It is for my ex-wife. She has MS and is getting much worse. There is no way she can afford one and her insurance company says she's fine (of course.)

I know how much stuff is out there that is gathering dust. Someone no longer needs it. Maybe they can't use it anymore. Or maybe from a family member that has passed away. It would be put to good use by her.

I try to stay out of the loop in her affairs for the obvious reasons, but told my daughter I would at least post here and ask. I know she can't afford much and would be very grateful for any generosity.

Let me know and I'll pass the word on.

Thanks
Marty

wwhopper
12-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Interestingly one just turned up on our neighborhood list serve. This is one of the great things about the internet, especially in my neighborhood, folks can share these type of things.

From the Chevy Chase Listserve:
I have an electric scooter for sale. It cost $300 new and has only been used
three times. It comes with the battery charger, tire pump, tool kit and case,
and horn. If you are interested in buying it, please give me a call at
202-244-2620. $100 or best offer. Samantha Nolan

I am sure the cost for shipping will make it not work for you, but if you have an interest, call Samantha, she is our neighborhood ANC rep (elected by the citizens to represent our neighborhood - plus heads up our neighborhood watch) (and a friend) - If it is what you want, I can look into shipping it to you - I think I can find a box - though it might be a Segway box!

Tarkus
12-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Interestingly one just turned up on our neighborhood list serve. This is one of the great things about the internet, especially in my neighborhood, folks can share these type of things.

From the Chevy Chase Listserve:
I have an electric scooter for sale. It cost $300 new and has only been used
three times. It comes with the battery charger, tire pump, tool kit and case,
and horn. If you are interested in buying it, please give me a call at
202-244-2620. $100 or best offer. Samantha Nolan

I am sure the cost for shipping will make it not work for you, but if you have an interest, call Samantha, she is our neighborhood ANC rep (elected by the citizens to represent our neighborhood - plus heads up our neighborhood watch) (and a friend) - If it is what you want, I can look into shipping it to you - I think I can find a box - though it might be a Segway box!

Will,

Thanks, your a special guy who's always there to help.

Happy Holidays,
Alan

Mr_Laurenzano
12-22-2006, 05:57 PM
We have a jet three, by we I mean myself and a my client. center spin with for and aft roller bumbers. Less than 12 miles, on the tires, the pervious owner waited as long as possible, much like you may, cant have it there by cristmas but can have verification on hand shake.
Jet 3 Brand friggin new. Price email segwave@hotmail.com

We ship on confirmation.
MS sucks , So does trying to moving around.
CRASH

drmarty
12-23-2006, 04:30 AM
Wow what a great response. I will talk with my daughter this weekend. I will let each person who took their time to try and help know what we do. Thanks again, everyone.

Merry Christmas

Marty