PDA

View Full Version : Jerky comments

BillPaxton
12-17-2006, 03:06 AM
I never thought it would happen down here. I went to get the mail (our post office is 4 blocks away) and some guy actually rolled down his window and screamed at me :mad: that I am lazy,nuts, granolla eater, etc. I don't understand this. People can really suck. What did I do to offend thisguy?!? It is not right.

cmonkey
12-17-2006, 04:39 AM
Yell back....

Hey, (expletive)! I'd be happy to walk the 3 miles back home, know anyone who wants to donate a LUNG to me first?!?!

Followed by the judicious use of one of my fingers. :D

Sal
12-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Sometimes, smiling and yelling out: "at least I'm having more fun than you are," does the trick just as well.

-Sal

nickyboy
12-17-2006, 12:28 PM
I never thought it would happen down here. I went to get the mail (our post office is 4 blocks away) and some guy actually rolled down his window and screamed at me :mad: that I am lazy,nuts, granolla eater, etc. I don't understand this. People can really suck. What did I do to offend thisguy?!? It is not right.

Just say "Great, now get out of your car/truck and we'll walk together and discuss global warming, as perpetuated by your gas guzzling vehicle"

Nick

KSagal
12-17-2006, 01:38 PM
It all depends on the situation, but unwarrented comments like that are not usually comming from the highest educated among us...

You need to answer back in a way that he is likely to understand...

Comments in return should include a clear reference to the size of his vehicle is in direct proportion to the smallness of a particular organ that he has, and that if he were packing what you were packing, he would not need to be so jealous.

You really need to turn it back on him to make it work...

Timezkware Tim
12-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Once some idiot said something to me about being lazy while parking his car. I smiled and said the usual, "This used to be a car trip". Car drivers never have an answer to that.

Then I smiled and said, "Hey, sharp looking car. Nice paint job." Then I stood there (on Ginger).

He got back in and drove away.

Whenever I see a car that's been "keyed", I wonder what the driver said or did to piss off somebody, lol.

BTW, I would never actually threaten to key, or even think of doing that. "Nice paint job" is all I have to say if somebody's being a jerk. They will always drive away or at least worry about their car once they realized that they had a nasty tone. Hopefully they'll see how yelling at strangers is not a very good idea. When someone is being nice or even if they say nothing and you say, "Nice paint job", they usualy say, "Thanks". It's only the people were offensive that worry.

The animosity towards Seggers for being elitest, driving ultra-expensive "scooters" is not unlike all the CRAP I used to get when I was the only one in the room with a cell phone. I couldn't pull it out without drawing negetive comments from some people ("Too lazy to walk to a public phone?" and "Do you talk on the phone THAT much that you need to have one attached to you?") all with a very negative to nasty tone, while others would have the opposite, "Oh, Cool!" response.

The reactions are the same when I'm gliding. Hopefully, when there's a lot more Segways out there, those insecure critics will chill out. Obviously, no one comments when they see my cell phone today, and the insults were only 7 years ago.

Tim

sombody
12-17-2006, 08:54 PM
I have been a runner most of my life. In the 60's and 70's I ran competitively . I used to run in the street-

I remember getting yelled at all the time- always really dumb stuff

The population in general just doesent know how to think or respond- to anything-

rick

drmarty
12-22-2006, 06:21 AM
As my beautiful petit daughter would say when some guy like that pulled up next to her in his pickup and shouted something(usually sexual) at her:

Listen for it:

"SORRY ABOUT YOUR PENIS"

I hope this direct quote doesn't offend anyone. I'm a doctor and it's just a body part.

Marty

Timezkware Tim
12-22-2006, 06:25 PM
As my beautiful petit daughter would say when some guy like that pulled up next to her in his pickup and shouted something(usually sexual) at her:

Listen for it:

"SORRY ABOUT YOUR PENIS"

I hope this direct quote doesn't offend anyone. I'm a doctor and it's just a body part.

Marty

LOL! Funny stuff, Doc.