PDA

View Full Version : Change is good

polo_pro
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Folks, with this being my 800th post and becoming a Senior Member, I've decided to shorten my username to just "plo" for this occasion.

I know some of you think that I've mistyped and it really should be "polo", but this isn't the case. 8^) 8^) 8^) Others might think I have some affliliation with a political movement that shares the same name. But this also isn't the case.

Many many years ago as the gaming community moved online, I wanted a short, easily typed screen name. I picked "plo". But a group of guys I played with had a team name of "moh", so it became "plomoh". Well, the "moh" team has long since disbanded, and there's no real reason to continue using it.

Hence...I'm just "plo" from now on!

ps - Maybe when I become an Advanced Member, I'll add an "o" and make it "polo". Hopefully, I'll play well enough to have earned that username!

bystander
11-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Folks, with this being my 800th post and becoming a Senior Member, I've decided to shorten my username to just "plo" for this occasion.

I know some of you think that I've mistyped and it really should be "polo", but this isn't the case. 8^) 8^) 8^) Others might think I have some affliliation with a political movement that shares the same name. But this also isn't the case.

Many many years ago as the gaming community moved online, I wanted a short, easily typed screen name. I picked "plo". But a group of guys I played with had a team name of "moh", so it became "plomoh". Well, the "moh" team has long since disbanded, and there's no real reason to continue using it.

Hence...I'm just "plo" from now on!

ps - Maybe when I become an Advanced Member, I'll add an "o" and make it "polo". Hopefully, I'll play well enough to have earned that username!Congrats on your "senior moment"! - lol

If you really want an easy to type handle, how about "asdf"? 8^) 8^) 8^)

Gihgehls
11-21-2006, 05:59 PM
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/thumbnail/1082849321-00.png

close enough

KSagal
11-21-2006, 06:21 PM
THis may just be some sort of a PLOY for PLO, but I cannot tell...

Timezkware Tim
11-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Anything that's easier for me to type is a great choice. Three letter names are the best.

Tim

Desert_Seg
11-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Dang, and here I was getting used to your name.

When you first signed on I thought you were Spanish as Plomo (no h) in Spanish means lead.

Since then, of course, you've shown you aren't Spanish (at least going by the last name) but your Polo team tells me.....well, from what I hear the definition fit :-)

Now that you are PLO, you can probably anticipate a visit from Homeland Security...after all, what do you really plan to do with that mallet while on your Segway?

Steven

polo_pro
11-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Since then, of course, you've shown you aren't Spanish (at least going by the last name) but your Polo team tells me.....well, from what I hear the definition fit :-)

Now that you are PLO, you can probably anticipate a visit from Homeland Security...after all, what do you really plan to do with that mallet while on your Segway?

Hmmm...interesting. I didn't know I came across as Spanish. Sadly, I don't have a drop of Spanish blood in me (though I'll add for a sense of mystery that I did take steps to remedy that situation). Assuming I haven't let my information about my heritage slip out during my discussions with my fellow polo players, maybe we'll have a contest at the next polo match. So far only 3 people have guessed my ancestry based on my last name on their first try...and hundreds have tried over the years!

As to the visit from homeland security, I'm sure they'll have a field day when they discover the "training camps" I've set up where I teach my fellow motorized mercenaries more about mallet mayhem, eh? Sure it looks like a friendly polo match, but in the blink of an eye we turn into one of the fastest legions of infantry (or a slow cavalry) you've ever seen! 8^) 8^) 8^)

ps - There's no substitute for an active imagination, eh?

Jet
11-28-2006, 08:58 PM
JET was my game name too. Actually my girlfriends initials.