PDA

View Full Version : Segway Chat Awards 2006: The Categories

gbrandwood
11-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Okay folks, on behalf Sal, Will, Florin and myself, we have drawn up the following list of categories for this year’s Segway Chat Awards.

We are hoping you will all have a think and post back here, with your suggestions for possible nominations in each category. As Judges, we will shortlist 5 members in each category and ultimately decide the winner and runner-up in each category. There is also a Members’ Choice Award, where you get to vote for your favourite member. Please take part to make this as fun as possible for all.

Enough waffle, here are the categories:

Most Informative/Detailed Post
Awarded to the member who posted the most informative or detailed message.
Strangest Post
Awarded to the member who posted the most off-the-wall, random or just plain weirdest message.
Most Political Post
Awarded to the member who most fiercely voiced his/her opinion in any political subject.
Funniest Post
Awarded to the member responsible for causing the loudest laugh (intentional or otherwise) or the best display of clever wit.
Most Helpful Post
Awarded to the member who displayed the best evidence of being *very* helpful towards another member. Also open to dealers who have gone above and beyond the call of duty.Special awards:

:mad: Curmudgeon Award
Awarded to the member who regularly demonstrates crusty, irascible and cantankerous tendencies!
:confused: The Huh? Award
Awarded to the member who rambled the most without actually saying too much. Waffle over content.
:cool: Most Flamboyant Signature Award
Awarded to the member with the biggest/loudest/most impressive signature.
:D Members’ Choice Award
Awarded to the member who receives the most votes by fellow Segway Chat members. Available to all members. Nominations are to be submitted via this link: Vote now (http://forums.segwaychat.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=1204)!
:o Most Original Avatar Award
Awarded to the member with the most interesting/different/meaningful avatar.
:eek: Most Outrageous Pimping Award
Awarded to the member posting evidence of the biggest, scariest, custom-made modifications to their Segway.
:) Most Useful Segway Pimping Award
Awarded to the member who posted details of the most useful accessory/modification (not manufactured by Segway).The rules:

Only posts made between 1-Nov-2005 and 31-Oct-2006 are eligible.
Winners will be announced on 31-Dec-2006.
Judges cannot be nominated*.
Each category will have 5 nominations.
Nominations are chosen by Judges but suggestions are very welcome*.
1 winner and 1 runner-up, for each category, will be decided by the Judges.
The Judges’ decision is final.
Members can vote for more than 1 member in the Members' Choice Award but not more than once for the same member.
*Nominations for the Members' Choice Award are submitted by members – in this special category, Judges can nominate other members and Judges can be nominated.Enjoy! :D

florin
11-26-2006, 05:42 AM
Stop thinking folks, start posting your suggestions for nominations here, as explained in Garreths post.

Desert_Seg
11-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Without further ado, and with only a modicum of thought expended, here are the first set of nominees (categories not filled out will be done so after further study):
Most Informative/Detailed Post???
Strangest PostThis one is easy....Without a doubt this would go to our own Crash, Mr. Laurenzano, for pretty much any of his posts but, most recently, his "Peligia" post (http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13996)
Most Political PostWell, Buckaroo Banzai is the leader in strange Political posts, although I can't say he defends himself very well. However, my vote goes to him.
Funniest Post???
Most Helpful Post???

Special awards:
:mad: Curmudgeon Award Our own Jonathan. He wants to be part of the crowd, he really does, but he just can't be part of the establishment! Crusty, yes, Curmudgeon, yes, but loveable anyway.

:confused: The Huh? AwardCome on, this is Crash all over again!
:cool: Most Flamboyant Signature AwardTie between Jared and Segway of NM (both could also be called the most annoying signatures also :))

:D Members’ Choice Award???
:o Most Original Avatar AwardThe one, and only, Glidemaster, whose avatar I have admired since the day I joined.
:eek: Most Outrageous Pimping AwardZorba9, without a doubt. After all, he has a GUN on his pimped out unit! (http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=14062&page=2)
:) Most Useful Segway Pimping AwardBy far, Mario of SegSeat Fame. This one device has changed the lives of many

Steven

macgeek
11-26-2006, 08:49 AM
* Curmudgeon Award

Our own Jonathan. He wants to be part of the crowd, he really does, but he just can't be part of the establishment! Crusty, yes, Curmudgeon, yes, but loveable anyway.

My MY MY MY MY!!! as much as I am complimented by this, I think I'm NOT :)
I think Tom wins HANDS DOWN the Curmudgeon Award! -- maybe you can have a special award for me, Cranky pimper!

;)

Jonathan

macgeek
11-26-2006, 09:01 AM
* Most Informative/Detailed Post
glen_d Absolutly he has ALWAYS had detailed and GREAT Posts!

* Strangest Post
I second (and third and forth and fifth!) , Mr. Laurenzano

* Most Political Post
This one has to go to our Died in the wool republic for which it stands, Ksagal

* Funniest Post
Can I nominate myself?? ;)

* Most Helpful Post
Actually there have been some REALLY helpful posts on here, but I thing Bystander has been one of the most helpful and informative posters

Special awards:

* Curmudgeon Award

Tom, tom tom tom tom tom TOM!!

* The Huh? Award
Mr. Laurenzano

* Most Flamboyant Signature Award
As much as I dislike (some) dealers the Spinning TIMMY one gets my bile up

* Members’ Choice Award
Jared of Segway of Ohio, Not only is he a dealer, but he is Definetly ONE OF US!

* Most Original Avatar Award
Glidemaster

* Most Outrageous Pimping Award

Giant wheels and a radio from Segway of oakland nudges zorba out

* Most Useful Segway Pimping Award
again, I gotta nominate myself.

Jonathan

gbrandwood
11-26-2006, 10:11 AM
This is great guys - keep it coming! Just one thing, please submit your "Member Choice" votes via the link:

:D Members’ Choice Award
Awarded to the member who receives the most votes by fellow Segway Chat members. Available to all members. Nominations are to be submitted via this link: Vote now (http://forums.segwaychat.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=1204)!

Just so the winner is kept a secret until the very end.

florin
11-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi everyone,

If possible, please include a link into your suggestion. If you for example want to nominate somebody for the most informative post, then please include a link to the post it self. This will make it a bit easier for the judges to come to a top 5 for each category.

Thanks in advance,

drmarty
11-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Crash, Mr. Laurenzano,

OK, Well a couple strike me.

* Strangest Post
Crash, Mr. Laurenzano, I think he should get it but I'm not sure what he said. Oh yeah. That's why he is IT.

* The Huh? Award
Mr. Laurenzano, without competition.

Marty

gbrandwood
11-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Some deadline dates for your information:

10 December: Deadline for submitting recommendations for each category
20 December: We (the Judges) anounce the 5 nominations for each category
25 December: Deadline for voting/campaining (:)) on the winners
31 December: We (the Judges) announce the winners and runners up

macgeek
11-28-2006, 08:37 PM
And the awards diner at Segfest '07

????????????????????????????????????????????

Jonathan

wwhopper
11-29-2006, 08:45 AM

Jonathan

Since fesT for 2007 has not been placed yet, it will be earlier than that.

KSagal
11-29-2006, 10:14 AM

Jonathan

As much as SEG America would love to support this effort, and I hereby offer our support, this is not a SA event.

This competition and recognition is it's own event, and is on it's own calendar, subject to none other...

However, if the organizers of this event would like a personal forum to present an award or six, I am happy to give them a opportunity at the next Segfest...

macgeek
11-29-2006, 02:35 PM
As much as SEG America would love to support this effort, and I hereby offer our support, this is not a SA event.

This competition and recognition is it's own event, and is on it's own calendar, subject to none other...

However, if the organizers of this event would like a personal forum to present an award or six, I am happy to give them a opportunity at the next Segfest...

"Thank You Mr. President"
-- Helen Thomas

Jonathan

gbrandwood
11-29-2006, 04:29 PM

However, if the organizers of this event would like a personal forum to present an award or six, I am happy to give them a opportunity at the next Segfest...Hi Karl, thanks for the offer of support. I think we've got things pretty much sown up at this end.

The important thing now is user participation. The more suggestions we get the better. It would be great if you could have a think, with your "Karl hat" on, and put foward any nominations you might like to suggest for the categories posted above.

gbrandwood
12-09-2006, 07:41 AM
10 December: Deadline for submitting recommendations for each category

Don't miss your chance to put forward your suggestions! The first deadline is almost here.

Also, voting for the Members' Choice Award remains open until 25th. Keep those votes coming in. You guys alone get to decide the winner of that category, which may make it the most prestigious:

gbrandwood
12-20-2006, 07:27 PM
This thread has now been superseded. The latest thread in this series, containing the nominations, can now be found here:

http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=14260

This thread will be locked.