PDA

View Full Version : Our New Tour Is Going To Be Awesome!!

Florida Ever-Glides
11-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Tour guide training and final touches are progressing to make our newest Segway Guided Tour at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota one that will be setting new standards in this blossoming cottage industry. It will be a 'first-class' operation all the way. Our guides are scheduled to go through the exclusive Ritz-Carlton customer service training prior to our December 18th opening. We will be introducing an 'attitude' to Segway Guided Tours that will make each tour very special and memorable.

The tour route is extraordinary in that once the tour leaves the resort it immediately goes over a new one-mile span bridge that provides breathtaking ocean and bay views. It then enters one of the most upscale shopping areas on the east coast, then glides over a mile along-side a beautiful white sand beach, ending at the Ritz-Carlton Beach Club. We take a break, take guest photos, and continue through a residential neighborhood adorned with both historical homes and modern mansions. The tour is almost 6.5 miles long and will be continually narrated with a live 'state-of-the-art' headphone system.

At the end of the tour each guest will receive a nice gift as a rememberance of their Segway Tour Experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota.

I hope that our success will lead to other fine resorts seeing the value of a quality Segway Guided Tour as an important amenity to their property...

We are very excited at the opportunity to once again promote the wonderful technology of the Segway PT and to provide a worthwhile venue for it's use...

zzcarolyn
11-16-2006, 10:52 PM
I wanna go, I wanna go! This tour sounds lovely, and I know you will be wildly successful.

Carolyn

nickyboy
11-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Tom,

Sounds to me like your really pulling out all the stops and "raising the bar" so to speak.

I wish you the very best of luck.

I'm curious, are you charging a "premium" for this tour, given the location and gift etc?

Nick

A weed is merely a plant in the wrong place

Florida Ever-Glides
11-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Nick,

The cost for our three hour experience is $85.00 per person, which includes a snack & drink as well as a gift at the end.

nickyboy
11-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Tom,

That's about £45 here, which I think would represent fantastic value for money, especially if we had the scenery. Oh and the weather!

Nick

A weed is merely a plant in the wrong place

cruiter
11-17-2006, 06:57 PM
I think you'll do very well at that price. When can you post a video (with sound) on utube? You could use one from a training run. Is the drink a rum & coke?Nick,

The cost for our three hour experience is $85.00 per person, which includes a snack & drink as well as a gift at the end.

zzcarolyn
11-17-2006, 10:04 PM
I think that your tour is priced very well. It seems like a real bargain for three hours of machine use, a tour guide, audio equipment, snack, drink, and beautiful scenery, too. You've got a fabulous plan!

Carolyn

Florida Ever-Glides
11-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Jim,

The drink is actually a bottle of chilled Spring Water with The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota custom label.

Cyrus
11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
wow!
that is an excellent price, an excellent tour, and an excellent deal! if im ever in florida again, ill have to come try that tour!! im sure that this tour will be wildly successful!

-cyrus

sholloway
11-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Tom, I know in the past you have really been against headphones. Can you elaborate a little more on the system? Is it a one ear system? Just curious. I hope to be opening mine in March and would love to steal more good ideas from you. We are planning just a 4 to 1 ratio to start so will not be using a sound system to start. But if we grow, you never know.

Florida Ever-Glides
11-27-2006, 04:29 PM
It is a Williams Sound system with a single ear piece that clips over one ear. No hygenic problems, and you can easily hear out of the other ear...

Very expensive but hope it will be worth every penny. We will be able to keep the group safer with constant communications and we will be a more entertaining tour....

sholloway
11-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanx for the info Tom. There is no need to ask if you think it is safe because I already know if you had any doubt, you wouldn't be using it. Good luck on the new tour!