PDA

View Full Version : â€*he info Key - RIP

macgeek
11-15-2006, 01:21 PM
The info key was turning into a sewer, with the posts. Chris and I decided it was time to end it.

I really enjoyed doing The 'geeks corner' and Chris had a great time with the segway community. We will return next year with a WHOLE NEW SITE
(nothing to do with Segway)

Jonathan

Sharkie
11-15-2006, 03:19 PM
It's a sad loss, but you're certainly right about the posts. I guess that's about all you can expect when you don't make people responsible for their conduct. With anonymous posts, I can't see any better outcome. I'm certainly sorry to see it go, I enjoyed going there. Lately, however, it just became a source of frustration.

Jim

wwhopper
11-15-2006, 07:00 PM
The info key was turning into a sewer, with the posts. Chris and I decided it was time to end it.Jonathan

When something goes un-moderated.

I will miss Info Key, but not as much as I will miss seeing MacGeek's creativity. It always made me smile.

So where will those bad boys who were banned from all of the other Segway chat sites go, now that InfoKey is gone?

Sal
11-15-2006, 07:03 PM
So where will those bad boys who were banned from all of the other Segway chat sites go, now that InfoKey is gone?

They're welcome to come here (unless they're already banned), but if they continue with their bad ways, they'll really have no place to go.

-Sal

wwhopper
11-15-2006, 07:04 PM
How you guys redirected the Info Key.

Stan, call the plumber, I think there is another leak in the basement!

This time it is not a stone in the sump pump!

wwhopper
11-15-2006, 07:10 PM
They're welcome to come here (unless they're already banned), but if they continue with their bad ways, they'll really have no other place to go.-Sal

And banned about 5 times with different ID's.

Well I suppose T3 will have to be started, so they can moan and complain that SEG America is not doing enough for them. The dead horse that kept being beat for the last several years, has been taken away.

This is a Sad time. I think I will glide with a black arm band for the next week, or maybe just only on a black Segway! Sal will you join me in a glide on black Segways? We can do the memorial glide this weekend in Indy....

Maybe we can get others, all across the country to only glide on Black Segways for the next week in memory of the Info Key.

JohnM
11-15-2006, 10:31 PM
When something goes un-moderated.

I will miss Info Key, but not as much as I will miss seeing MacGeek's creativity. It always made me smile.

The site whose name must not be spoken is always available. Isn't IT?

wwhopper
11-15-2006, 10:57 PM
The site whose name must not be spoken is always available. Isn't IT?

Closed down all by itself!

Talk about a Sewer, that one was one real clogged mess, and kept backing up and making a real stink.

So here we are back where it all started - Segway Chat....

Long Live Segway Chat!

KSagal
11-16-2006, 03:24 AM
I do not have the same opinion as some as to the loss of that site. It has offered very little to my life lately...

That is not to say that in the past it had no merrit, but lately, it was not just a sewer as others have stated, but far worse, it was useless, at least to me...

Providing a place for people to lie to others, and make believe they are other people, not just anynomous, but actually posting with other people's names, is just not excuseable.

For about 15 seconds I was upset that they redirected their site to a site that was the object of their warped fantasies, but then I recalled that most anyone with any values had given up on that site long ago, so the hit count will be tiny....

It is too bad. Lots of talent but the potential not realized... So be it...

I know this post may seem harsh, but how many times would any one reading this appreciate seeing their own name used by liars who made believe they were me, and said inaccurate and insensitive things... Only to have the site management endorse it? Passive endorsement is still endorsement.

To me personally, it was no loss...

macgeek
11-16-2006, 07:50 AM
On this one I disagree.

The key was a place for news and humor, Thats why it started.
Long before I was even on board, Chris saw that SA dropped the ball on a newsletter and said "Gee, how hard can it be to do a newsletter"

And Thats how the info key was born, Two years and some 180 issues later we call it a day,

SA's last newsletter was; Saturday, October 9th, 2004.

So shut your mouth about the usefullness of The Info Key.
It acted while Seg America planned a party.

Jonathan

wwhopper
11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
There is plenty of room in this Segway world play yard, for all. Some over their are playing Polo, a group in that corner is talking pimping, a couple of seggers are just out for a glide. Then there are those sitting by their segways having a bite to eat talking about what ever they want.

Plenty of room for everyone to do what it is they want to do!

Why does everyone seem to think that only ONE group has to do everything, and everyone has to do the same thing.

Info Key was great as our (everyones) online glidezine. SA did not have the manpower to put out a newsletter, so Chris did it, and it was great,while it lasted!

No one group, person or entity rules this world, nor should it. Everyone should enjoy doing what they find fun. There will be some cross overs, and yes, even some disagreements. But in the end we are all celebrating the same thing, the Segway PT.

Just cause you do it different than I do it, does not mean that any of us are better than the other.

Sadly, when it was announced that Info Key was to shut down, it did not remove itself from the online world right then and there. That is when the maggots got to what was left of a great Segway site, and as we saw it was not a pretty death scene.

Glide along folks, the funeral is over!

gbrandwood
11-16-2006, 03:21 PM
How you guys redirected the Info Key.

Stan, call the plumber, I think there is another leak in the basement!

This time it is not a stone in the sump pump!I guess the webmaster of SA is aware that unwanted redirections are easily blocked and or redirected elsewhere.

Brooster
11-16-2006, 11:58 PM
I can tell you this ...

No one ever impersonated me. If an "anonymous" post said it was from the Brooster, it was from the Brooster.

I'll miss the place. And I think that saying it became a "sewer" is perhaps overstating the point for the benefit of the few who may not have appreciated the "tell it like it is" stance the site always had.

This isn't a commentary against SegAmerica in any way. It's just what it says above.

Best,
Broo

KSagal
11-17-2006, 12:13 AM
As I said in my post, I was not commenting on anything but the recent decline of the site...

There were posts that identified themselves as from KSagal that were not from me, and included profanity and inflamitory remarks to friends of mine.

Am I supposed to find that of value? I was not happy to find that disreputable people found it okay to take the name of another and lie and make statements that were mean.

I maintain, I am not sorry to see this site gone, because of what it became, not because of anything else...

I should say, I had stopped checking in some time ago, for my own reasons, and only found out about the lies by friends asking me if I was aware of what people were posting with my name. I did not discover them on my own, but had my friends insulted, and they called me to confirm that I would not have said such things...

Now, these are people I know. What would a person who does not know me, think about a post that was made in my name?

I am glad that no one took Brooster's name. I ask, what would he feel if someone had?

Sal
11-17-2006, 07:57 AM

So shut your mouth about the usefullness of The Info Key.
It acted while Seg America planned a party.

Jonathan

Okay this is not cool. We all have passion for what we believe in (as is seen in almost every political post) lets keep these posts attack-free.

There are much more diplomatic ways of saying what you're trying to say.

I gather there are offline issues to be dealt with here... Deal with them offline.

Thanks,
Sal

macgeek
11-21-2006, 03:02 PM
taken offline....

Jonathan