PDA

View Full Version : Seg on a ship?

Sven
11-04-2006, 10:24 AM
My wife and I have periodically taken cruises in the past. However, I now have damaged knees that prevent me from walking more than a short distance. My Seg would help me get around a large cruise ship. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Tarkus
11-04-2006, 08:22 PM
My wife and I have periodically taken cruises in the past. However, I now have damaged knees that prevent me from walking more than a short distance. My Seg would help me get around a large cruise ship. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Sven,

You will need to contact the cruise line directly and ask for their Disables Service Director and be very specific about your needs.

Being as most cruise lines homeport is outside the U.S , ADA & other laws will have no effect.

Each line can do as they please.

Best of luck, please keep us posted.
What Cruise Line are you sailing on ?

Regards,
Alan

Agent
11-04-2006, 11:39 PM
My daughterhas worked for Carnival for 10 years. she has seen MANY Segways in use on their ships. Carnival is Segway-friendly.

Sven
11-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the feedback. We have sailed on Princess ships the last two cruises. Good to know that Carnival is a good choice.

gbrandwood
11-05-2006, 08:46 AM
I wonder how the i2 (Leansteer) will work on a rolling ship. I guess it might be a bit tricky to stay still! Also, beware of slippery, wet decks.

Tarkus
11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I wonder how the i2 (Leansteer) will work on a rolling ship. I guess it might be a bit tricky to stay still! Also, beware of slippery, wet decks.

Wet decks I would be careful with!

The leansteer should not be a problem unless things get nasty. If it has worked so far I would go with it.

I've spent alot of time of a Gen II and unless you may have a "few to many" it should work out.

Let us know how your trip went.

Fair winds and following seas,
Alan