PDA

View Full Version : What do you call a.......

nickyboy
10-25-2006, 04:50 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and just getting into the whole Segway thing.

I was just mussing the other day about the various collective names etc.

Now I am sure this has been dealt with in the past, if so please bear with me!

What is the collective name for a group of segways, say on a tour. Iis it a Glide of Segways or a Cruise? Ii think group is just so boring.

What about a Segway rider? Glider, Segger or what?

Here in the South of England we have a name for day trip tourists "Grockles". Is there a name for a short term Segway renter?

Nick

Sal
10-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Group of Gliders, a "gaggle" of Segways?

Coolest people on Earth?

I really don't think there has been a concensus of what to call a group of Segways. There have been many entries though.

-Sal

wwhopper
10-25-2006, 09:22 AM
When you get more than 2 Segways out in a group. It really is a Glide of Segways.

At least that is what we here in DC call them.

A gaggle sounds awkward, and a group, as you say is boring.

And when you see them moving as a group - they are just gliding along there is no bobbing, like bikers, joggers, or walkers, like seeing a jet plane at a distance smooth movement.

Sal
10-25-2006, 09:38 AM
There you have it! A Glide of Segways from the most Segway-Friendly city in the US.

-Sal

wwhopper
10-27-2006, 11:47 AM
There you have it! A Glide of Segways from the most Segway-Friendly city in the US.-Sal

When Sal and Nora were here.

A glide of Segways went by Hillary Clinton's home, as well as a few other notable persons.

Though Sal that one embassy did not have a glide in "bride order" window. Still wonder why not? But not as much as someone in NY does...

There you have a Glide of Segways is just what it is!