PDA

View Full Version : First SegwayAuthorized Tour launches in the Middle East

Desert_Seg
10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Segway of UAE is pleased to announce that commencing tomorrow, October 20th 2006, at 2000, they will launch the first SegwayAuthorized Tour program in the Middle East.

The "Glide in the Park" program, which is being launched initially at three (3) of the Dubai Municipality parks, will allow visitors to and residents of Dubai a unique opportunity to try the revolutionary Segway Personal Transporter in a safe and secure environment.

During the last days of the Holy Month of Ramadan, the "Glide in the Park" program will run between the hours of 2000 and 0100 nightly at the Safa, Zaabeel, and Creek Parks.

Commencing with the Eid al Fitr celebrations, the "Glide in the Park" program will run nightly at the same locations but between the hours of 1600 and 0100.

All gliders will be provided with safety training and equipment and will be able to enjoy using various models of the Segway Personal Transporter, including the new Generation 2 models.

Segway of UAE, the local representative of Segway Inc, who will also be launching two (2) other Dubai based SegwayAuthorized Tour programs later in the year, invites all visitors to and residents of Dubai to come out and enjoy this fun and unique transportation experience.

Segway of UAE has a full service showroom in the Dubai Shopping Center, conveniently located behind Deira City Center Mall. They can be contacted by phone at +971 4 295 5049 or via e-mail at sales@segwayofuae.com.

pam
10-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Bravo!!! May your tours be a major success!
Pam

nickyboy
10-22-2006, 09:12 AM
3 sites, what great exposure. I guess you can get some great free publicity via local media.

All the very best.

Nickyboy

Desert_Seg
10-22-2006, 10:51 AM
The exposure is great and the local media has picked it up. Our largest daily (Gulf News) is coming out tomorrow to do a story and photo shoot.

This is hard work though. One site is a big enough headache but three takes the patience of Job on my part. Worst part is getting the staff trained AND following the training. Man do people love to cut corners!

Steven

polo_pro
10-22-2006, 11:21 AM
This is hard work though. One site is a big enough headache but three takes the patience of Job on my part. Worst part is getting the staff trained AND following the training. Man do people love to cut corners!
I think you've summed up "business" very succinctly! It's alot of hard work (and patience), and the difference between being the manager and a grunt is knowing WHICH corners to cut. In a sense, that's what business is all about. Spotting the corners to be cut and realizing that that most customers won't mind. That's how you get the extra "efficencies" in your operation that let you make a profit!

Desert_Seg
10-22-2006, 11:39 AM
I think you've summed up "business" very succinctly! It's alot of hard work (and patience), and the difference between being the manager and a grunt is knowing WHICH corners to cut. In a sense, that's what business is all about. Spotting the corners to be cut and realizing that that most customers won't mind. That's how you get the extra "efficencies" in your operation that let you make a profit!

I wish it were those corners they like to cut. The corners I'm talking about are:

1. Letting kids (as young as SIX) ride the Segway (their reasoning....it's money!)

2. Letting folks not wear helmets (their reasoning...they didn't want to)

3. Closing early or opening late (their reasoning....guess they wanted a new job 'cause do that twice and you don't work for me any more :) )

I encourage them to give a frequent glider free glides or, if there is no line, take the gliders on a longer glide, that is efficiency, that is what I want but nooooooo, they have to try my patience....

Gotta run...we open in 20 minutes and I have a 20 minute glide there.

TTFN,

Steven

SegwayGuidedTours
10-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi Steven,

Congrats on your new endeavor! Be sure to enter your tour info at our directory of Segway Guided Tours website:

http://www.SegwayGuidedTours.com/ads/SegChatButton.gif www.SegwayGuidedTours.com (http://www.SegwayGuidedTours.com)

This site is a directory of Segway tours worldwide. (It only lists guided tours, not simply rentals.) The directory is a marketing tool for tour operators like yourself, the unsung heroes of Segway publicity!

By the way, if anyone happens to know of any guided tours that aren't in the directory please let me (or the tour operator) know! I'm always watching for new tour companies, but I can't possibly find them all...

Thanks,
--Joe

SegwayGuidedTours.com (http://www.SegwayGuidedTours.com)
The global Directory of Guided Tour rentals
featuring the Segway® Personal Transporter.

Timezkware Tim
10-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Good Luck, Steven!

asifjahmed
11-02-2006, 01:53 PM
If I am ever in Dubai (and I plan to be sometime) I will stop by and glide with you! Good luck with your business!

joe
01-18-2008, 01:33 PM
On my next trip with Emirates Airlines on May 1st, I booked a stopover in Dubai. Of course I'd like to cruise downtown Dubai on a Segway. Steven, I hope your tour business is up an running?! It's not listed on SegwayGuidedTours.com, and www.i-segway.com only talks about "... will provide guided tours..." :eek:

--
Johannes

Desert_Seg
01-18-2008, 04:57 PM
On my next trip with Emirates Airlines on May 1st, I booked a stopover in Dubai. Of course I'd like to cruise downtown Dubai on a Segway. Steven, I hope your tour business is up an running?! It's not listed on SegwayGuidedTours.com, and www.i-segway.com (http://www.i-segway.com) only talks about "... will provide guided tours..." :eek:

--
Johannes

Joe,

That's because we are re-doing the tours. Just signed the contracts yesterday and will (hopefully) have news to announce within the month. They will definitely be up and running my May 1st since we were told be ready to launch all sites by Easter and the first site they would like running by 15 Feb.

Steven

joe
04-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Any news, Steven? At least not at www.i-segway.com ... :( My flights are booked, I'll have an 18-hour stop-over on May 1st and would really like to see (a part of) Dubai on balanced wheels. :)

I saw the offer of a Segway tour at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel (http://www.jumeirahbeachhotel.com/activities/glider/) - but is it open for everyone or just guests/members of the resort? And it's speed limited... :eek:

--
Johannes

bentbiker
04-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Any news, Steven? At least not at www.i-segway.com ... :( My flights are booked, I'll have an 18-hour stop-over on May 1st and would really like to see (a part of) Dubai on balanced wheels. :)

I saw the offer of a Segway tour at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel (http://www.jumeirahbeachhotel.com/activities/glider/) - but is it open for everyone or just guests/members of the resort? And it's speed limited... :eek:

--
Johannes
Joe,

I'm guessing you haven't been here much in recent months; I know you haven't been posting. You might want to try email. Steven hasn't signed onto this site for almost two months. Just didn't want you sitting around waiting for a response.