1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington , DC 20520
(212) 567-1500

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE

LAW ENFORCEMENT:

I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the
influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's
license suspended for 30 days.

My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

MILITARY:

I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a
drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas
Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam

COLLEGE:

I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. I began my career in the oil business in
Midland, Texas , in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any
oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land
using taxpayer money. With the help of my father and our friends in the oil
industry, including Enron CEO Ken Lay, I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making
Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston
replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in
borrowed money.

I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American
history.

With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's
appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing
by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal
record.

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one
billion dollars per week.

I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury. I
shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month
period.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S.
stock market.

In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and
that trend continues every month.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any
administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice,
had a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President. I
am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most
corporate campaign donations. My largest lifetime campaign contributor,
and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate
bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron.

My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure
my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision. I
have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or
prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky
affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest
corporate rip-offs in history.

I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to
intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed. I
presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history. I changed the
U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any
President in U.S. history.

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the
history of the United States government.

I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.

I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove
the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission. I withdrew the U.S. from
the World Court of Law.

I refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees
and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election
inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).

I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President
since the advent of television.

I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.

After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst
security failure in U.S. history.

I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center
attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in
the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to
simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering
the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.

I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive
attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against
the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world
community.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty
benefits for active duty troops and their families-in-wartime.

In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking
Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.

I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%)
view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.

I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden [sic] to
justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my
father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.

All records of SEC investigations into my in sider trading and my bankrupt
companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended
regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for
public review.

I am a member of the Republican Party.

Sal
10-05-2006, 01:10 PM
What else can I say? It's hard to believe that all of the above is ONE MAN's "resume."

My politics are already apparent to many here.

The above track record is shameful. How can anyone say that Bush has done a good job? How can anyone say that he's in touch with the people he serves? Well... he is certainly in touch with "his base:" the rich, the influential, those who will give the Bushes more power and autonomy.

Ugh.

I'm sure that a retort which might or might not be posted would be to list Clinton's failures / accomplishments, or other Dem's record on many other subjects... and so be it. Politicians are politicians, but Bush is in a league of his own. And those in his administration are worthy to be called his "teammates."

The Foley debacle just sheds light on the fact that we don't really know HOW MUCH covering up is going on within the corrput and gluttonous bowels of this White House.

-Sal

Desert_Seg
10-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Just to set the record straight, I've added a few comments. NOTE - I only added comments to the items I didn't have to do any research on:

I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's
license suspended for 30 days.
Driving under the influence in 1976 was not really considered a crime. Many others have done the same thing.

I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam
Incorrect. Failure to answer those questions would have resulted in immediate courtmartial or dismissal from the ANG.

Also, many others did the same or far worse to avoide duty in Vietnam, or didn't even try to serve at all.

I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.
All this says is that he is an average student. Since more than 40% of college graduates have less than a B average this doesn't say anything. If you count the NON-graduates (e.g. those who don't finish because of grades) the number is over 50%.

Pam's a current teacher, I'm sure she can attest that high grades don't necessarily make a better person. I taught for three (3) years, I know that for a fact!

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry, including Enron CEO Ken Lay, I was elected governor of Texas.
He did not buy the Rangers, he was just he managing partner of the group that did. The sweetheart deal was offered to all the bidders, they were just the highest and these deals are quite common.

Your final sentence has no bearing. Everybody gets elected with the help of their father and rich contributors.

...making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.
You have facts to support this? I thought it was Ohio or New Jersey (can't remember which). Don't know about Houston but I don't believe it as Houston has prevailing winds that will remove the smog whereas in LA the surrounding mountains keep the smog trapped.

With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.
Wrong. With the help of the Electoral College, and following the guidelines as set down by our governmetn, he did get elected President. The popular vote has NOTHING to do with it.

I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
What criminal record?

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.
What invasions? Neither country (I presume you mean Iraq and Afghanistan) were invaded.

I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury. I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.
I hate blatant misstatements. The surplus was already being spent by the Clinton administration. Remember, we establish a spending plan that president's inherit and, like it or not, often have to fund. Additionally, Congress is the one that spends, and spends, and spends, not the President (although he does have a say). I'm saying both parties are to blame, not just one.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period

No he didn't. During his term there might have been a record number of bankruptcies but that was because they were enacting rules that would LIMIT the number of bankruptices and, as economists knew would happen, folks hammered the banruptcy system the year before the new rules took place.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
Again, this occured in his term and had NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM. It had to do with inflation (a by product of previouis administrations, some would say) and not with the President.

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market.
This again was in his TERM but you also fail to mention that during his term "he" also set the record for the all time HIGH of the U.S. stock market

In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.
Uh, no, there is no trend. Economic indicators have shown that unemployment rate has gone down 2% points in the last two years and is at levels LOWER than during Clinton's tenure.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, had a Chevron oil tanker named after her.
There is NO tanker named after Condoleza Rice....let's check our facts before we post

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.
It's actually called the Department of Homeland Security and CONGRESS created it.

I refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.
There is no war, they are not combatants of a foreign govermnet, they are not signators to the Geneva Convention, and hence there is no Geneva Convention violation.

I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).
Huh? Didn't know we asked nor needed them

I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.
Don't know the veracity of this but you think this is a bad thing?

I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering
the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.
Show me where this was any form of record, and where this verifiable figures exist

I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.
Did you forget Grenada? How about Panama? What about Cuba in 1898? Facts gents, facts!

I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.

I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden [sic] to
justice.
Bunker buster is a good thing, but it is low yield, much like our armor piercing tank rounds, not high yield like a nuclear bomb. Scare tactics...

So did Clinton....

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.
No they aren't. They are part of the public record in Texas

All records of SEC investigations into my in sider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
Since when? Public documents are still there...including Midland Oil and the ANG records.

All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.
Some are, many aren't....depends on what's in them I guess.

I am a member of the Republican Party.
Only totally true statement in this whole document

I'm not a true-Bush supporter (although some might argue). What I am is a somebody who HATES when people reword things for their own good or to spin their message.

If you goodle "most polluted state in the US" you will find that the top 20 or 30 links are this document, which only reinforces that the internet often helps dumb people stay dumb.

Steven

Desert_Seg
10-05-2006, 01:38 PM
What else can I say? It's hard to believe that all of the above is ONE MAN's "resume."

My politics are already apparent to many here.

The above track record is shameful. How can anyone say that Bush has done a good job? How can anyone say that he's in touch with the people he serves? Well... he is certainly in touch with "his base:" the rich, the influential, those who will give the Bushes more power and autonomy.

Ugh.

I'm sure that a retort which might or might not be posted would be to list Clinton's failures / accomplishments, or other Dem's record on many other subjects... and so be it. Politicians are politicians, but Bush is in a league of his own. And those in his administration are worthy to be called his "teammates."

The Foley debacle just sheds light on the fact that we don't really know HOW MUCH covering up is going on within the corrput and gluttonous bowels of this White House.

-Sal

Come on Sal, you can do better than this.

Yes, politicians tend to create a "life" of their own but to say this supposed resume encompasses President Bush's record is childish.

Clinton had his warts (lying under oath is a biggie!) and still does, but, like Bush, he had his good points.

Same could be said of every president we had.

Unfortunately the dumbing down of America continues with posts like these. Cronies in the goverment started with the Democratic party back in the early 1900s and has just gotten worse over time.

To blame Foley on the President is baseless. Hastert? Yes, he should resign, but the President can't be expected to know about this and it could just as easily be blamed on Clinton. After all, Foley came into office under Clinton.

Steven

Sal
10-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Steven,

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I'd rather have a President who has an illicit affair lies about it than have an entire administration who has hoodwinked the US people and is in a war they can't win / get out of because of some hidden agenda, or "bad intel! HA!"

WHen did I blame Bush for Foley's indiscretions? If there's one thing I know about GWB, and why on EARTH is this statement even being stated as a good point to Bush??? LOL: is that he does not have sexual relations or any desire to have sexual relations with minors.

:D :D :D

-Sal

Desert_Seg
10-05-2006, 02:28 PM

This is when...btw, I'm not saying this is a good point for Bush, I just saying you can't blame him for it.

Yep, we have to agree to disagree. How can you trust a president, who is a lawyer, who LIES UNDER OATH? The affair has no bearing on it (and who says it is illicit?) because it was two consenting adults. What is the problem is the lying under oath.

For that alone he should have been impeached. Nothing else. Unfortunately, as is common in our country, we went for the sensational, not the rational, argument.

Steven

Sal
10-05-2006, 02:31 PM

Steven,

Come on..... that is not a statement of blame in the least!

It's a statement of distrust and mistrust and lack of confidence, but I am not casting blame.

-Sal

citivolus
10-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Why can't there be a dedicated forum for political flatulence? It could have little anti-this and anti-that topic/party indicators so people would immediately know which side the pile is bent toward. It could be called "propaganda, lies and half truths" as that would pretty much sum up most political parties and movements.

I'm still waiting for the day when we can start taxing political parties as the 'for profit' industries they are. It's not that it would do any good politically but the national debt would disappear overnight.

citivolus
10-05-2006, 06:24 PM
It's a statement of distrust and mistrust and lack of confidence
And it is well placed distrust and mistrust.
James Traficant, Randy Cunningham, William Jefferson, Bob Ney, Patrick Kennedy, Mark Foley, ad. infinitum

Yup, it's a swell crew on both sides of the plate.

sombody
10-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Desert Seg and Macgeek- you guys are so elloquent I hate to bring up one point regarding weather President Clinton lied-

What LIE is everyone referring to EXACTLY ? -

Could you keep the answer short ?

rick

wwhopper
10-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I have seen more anti George W Bush bumper stickers in the last month.

That black square one - in the middle there is an F and at the bottom it says the President (like the one with W the president)

The other day I saw Buck Fush bumpersticker

Bush Lied and People Died

The only Bush I trust is my own.

I don't put bumperstickers on my cars, but I have been really enjoying reading these ones that are out there.

I did have my Impeach Bush lawn sign stolen - and I live in a very anti-Bush neighborhood - I think it was the Real Estate agent selling the house next door.

This will be an interesting election coming up!

pam
10-05-2006, 07:03 PM
President Clinton said he did not have sex with a consenting and above the age of consent young woman, when he did... (actually, he tried to redefine sex to the traditional missionary position, in which case he wouldn't have been guilty <G>) but he did finally admit it under oath. That's his "lie." -

President Bush has not lied under oath. This is because his own political party has held both houses of congress since he came into office and has refused to look into anything that he has stated or done, thus he has never been under oath. However, he has lied consistently to the American public by both omission and commission. Just not under oath.

This is one of the major issues about the possibility of his party (Republicans) losing one or more of the houses this election, because if the other party (Democrats) came into party, they'd have subpoena power and he and the VP might be required, under oath, to testify.

It's hard to know. They've gutted the constitution, and with his signing statements, he's basically stated that he's above the law, so it's hard to know exactly what the outcome might be if the democrats come into power. First they'd have to get past the problems with paperless voting and the new proven hackable voting machines.

Pam

citivolus
10-05-2006, 08:04 PM
It's hard to know. They've gutted the constitution, and with his signing statements, he's basically stated that he's above the law, so it's hard to know exactly what the outcome might be if the democrats come into power.
The outcome would be exactly the same with more of the constitution gutted. About the only difference is whether the even or odd numbers on the bill of rights that takes the beating. Of course 1 is a target of both and 10 is and has been, for all practical purposes, nonexistent.

Sure there is political shoving, which is all the lie (pick one, sex or Iraq) ever was, but that's more for the cameras and leverage than anything else. The fact that some congress-critters claim ignorance now, then, today, yesterday, tomorrow, ever, is also just for the benefit of the peanut gallery (that would be us).

sombody
10-05-2006, 08:04 PM
If someone called me a liar -Id be mad-

I cant argue any political points- I hated political science- and im not even close to being a lawyer

But I have done some work for 2 Attorneys over the years so I have gone over this liar issue with each.

I have been told a couple things
1- At some point most law students will spend time in class discussing weather Clinton lied or not. You will basicly learn he did not

2- If you are a practicing attorney- you know he did not lie-because you know the law ( semantics).

You can google the question and find many legal papers on the subject -look at the one by Loyola Prof- Peter Tiersma
The PROSECUTORS SUPPLIED THE DEFINITION of sexual relations

Clinton was possibly deceptive- but heck Ive done that

Im not surprised the general public still thinks he lied

rick

PS- Why do you think RJ Renolyds can still say cigarettes arent addicting ?
Because of the LEGAL ddefinition of addiction.

macgeek
10-05-2006, 08:20 PM
"I have come to the conclusion that one dishonest man is called a disgrace, two men are called a law firm, and three or more become a Congress."

Desert_Seg
10-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Rick,

Wrong. During the Grand Jury proceedings Clinton agreed to the definition of sexual relations....see below.

Some facts:

1. Bill Clinton lied, repeatedly, about his drug use (yes, he did admit he tried pot) although I do not believe he was ever under oath when he did.

2. Bill Clinton repeatedly denied having having an affair with Jennifer Flowers. However, while being deposed in 1998, he finally admits he DID have an affair (sexual in nature) with her.

3. While under oath during the Lewinsky depositions, Clinton agreed with prosecutors that any contact with breasts or genitalia would fall within the definition of sexual relations. Clinton then denied every having any such contact. We now know that his was a lie

4. An let's not forget the countless lies in the Paula Jones case, lies that were once again shown for what they were and for which he not only was found in contempt of court but was fined (around $100K if I remember correctly. (and, btw, it was Clinton's definition of sexual relations in the Jones case that was also used in the Lewinsky case).

5. Oh, and as a small aside, he was brought up on charges in his own state. In fact a judicial panel of the AK Supreme Court determined that Clinton had violated the code of professional ethics and should be disbarred. Clinton became the first sitting President to lose his license, which he did for five (5) years! (he just got it back this year).

I've looked at this from many angles and I know that Clinton lied repeatedly lied under oath. Heck, even Hilary, in her book, states that he lied.

He lied in his written answers to the Federal Court. He lied in the Flowers deposition. He lied in the Jones deposition. He lied to a federal Grand Jury (all the preceeding while under oath). He got on TV and lied to us and Congress. He then had to go before Congress and answer a slew of questions...and he lied again.

Let's not sugar coat this. He lied repeatedly under oath and then lied under oath again to protect himself. There's a reason his license to practice law was revoked!

Steven

sombody
10-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks for refreshing my memory-

I think those lawyers I talked to were Democrats

But gee man where does it stop -Iv heard a British reporter say he's got dirt on Mother Teresa- Really

Rick

pam
10-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah. Clinton lied about sex. Most men I know who have had extramarital relationships have lied about sex. Does it make it right? No. But... no one died, didn't cost a lot of money (or it wouldn't have, if the Republicans hadn't decided they wanted to spend a fortune trying to figure a way to humiliate him), so the Republicans became obsessed about sex - to the extent that when Clinton tried to go after Osama Bin Laden, they accused him of trying to distract the nation from his legal/sexual woes. Gee ...

Sorry, I can't lose sleep over a man's sexual activity, or his lying about it, since lying about it is so darn pervasive. I personally don't care who is sleeping with who, as long as it's not in my bed. Well, yes, take it back, I do care about adults who engage in sexual activity with children. That does bother me. Saw too much of the damage it does when I worked in Child Protective Services.

I do care about sending my nieces and nephews off to fight and die in a war based on lies (you can call them wishes, or misguided wishes if you wish, or cherrypicked intelligence, or whatever, but to me it's still lies) .... well, don't get me started....

Pam

Desert_Seg
10-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Pam,

I too have no problem with Clinton having an affair (or two or three). That is between him and his family. Lying about it is also something that didn't bother me....UNTIL HE DID IT UNDER OATH.

As the President and as a lawyer he definitely knew better. As a "civilian" being advised by counsel he also knew better....and yet he did it.

Remember, the Grand Jury and Impeachment proceedings had nothing to do with sex, they were all about the lies. However, the sex sensationalizes it and hence sells more papers, and gets more air time, and so on and so forth.

Your statement that lying is so darn pervasive therefore you don't care about it is the problem with society today. Used to be a white lie was a rarity and outright lying was even rarer. Now the day that we don't bend the truth is rare.

We've become too accepting about lies, and lies under oath should make us cringe...but they don't, even when they come from our leader.

Steven

Sal
10-06-2006, 06:50 AM
But gee man where does it stop -Iv heard a British reporter say he's got dirt on Mother Teresa- Really
Rick

Speaking of people who love to stir the pot, here's C. Hitchens on Mother Teresa, REALLY.

http://www.slate.com/id/2090083/

-Sal

pam
10-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Well, if the dems get into power (which I'm not saying is a foregone conclusion) we may find that Bush lies under oath as well, since he does so well NOT under oath, and since his counsel seems to be rather flexible about things like the Geneva Convention. I agree with you completely that lying is NOT a good thing. It morally bankrupts us all. But I would question your statement that lying used to be relatively rare. I think it has been with us since the oldest profession (or maybe since the second oldest profession) :).

However, on the big scheme of things, I don't lose as much sleep over lying about sex as I do about lying about things that cause death and destruction to thousands of people. Call me a realist.

Pam

Pam,

I too have no problem with Clinton having an affair (or two or three). That is between him and his family. Lying about it is also something that didn't bother me....UNTIL HE DID IT UNDER OATH.

As the President and as a lawyer he definitely knew better. As a "civilian" being advised by counsel he also knew better....and yet he did it.

Remember, the Grand Jury and Impeachment proceedings had nothing to do with sex, they were all about the lies. However, the sex sensationalizes it and hence sells more papers, and gets more air time, and so on and so forth.

Your statement that lying is so darn pervasive therefore you don't care about it is the problem with society today. Used to be a white lie was a rarity and outright lying was even rarer. Now the day that we don't bend the truth is rare.

We've become too accepting about lies, and lies under oath should make us cringe...but they don't, even when they come from our leader.

Steven

Desert_Seg
10-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Pam,

I tend to agree with you on most things but I'm getting more and more fed up with how we (most of us) have now categorized lies into varying degrees of severity.

A few years ago I realized that many of us, including me, were more and more spinning things, not lying but bending the truth or omitting things because because "it didn't hurt anybody". Well it does hurt somebody and the corruption of our societies (this isn't just an American phenomenon) is just disappointing.

A lie is a lie, and there are no categories of lies.

Steven

sombody
10-06-2006, 11:51 AM
I think we are generally having a difficulct time judging the behavior RATHER than the person. Wether it be Clinton or Bush-

You guys are starting to sound to much like Jimmy Swaggart-

rick

Sal
10-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Look, I dislike this administration for the precarious position they have put this country in, for the detachment that I feel exists between those in charge and this country's REAL issues. And I'm far too lazy to actually dig around because I leave that to credible journalists, and of course, the good people of SC...

I was interested in learning more about some select points in Bush's resume and I began digging around the net...

Here is what I found... I am sure -- again -- that there will be "defenses" posed to what I have posted, but I tried to find links to NON wiki stories, so here they are.

Just to set the record straight, I've added a few comments. NOTE - I only added comments to the items I didn't have to do any research on:

Driving under the influence in 1976 was not really considered a crime. Many others have done the same thing.

The fact that many others have done it does not make it right. And last I checked one doesn't get arrested if one didn't commit a crime. Let's not get into the technicalities about whether "crime" is the same as a "misdimeanor" which I believe he plead guilty to. And Bush was arrested and plead guilty (http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/11/02/bush.dui/).

Regarding Bush's National Guard Duty:

Incorrect. Failure to answer those questions would have resulted in immediate courtmartial or dismissal from the ANG.

Also, many others did the same or far worse to avoide duty in Vietnam, or didn't even try to serve at all.

Again, I don't know military law, but here are two articles about Bush's tour of duty in the National Guard, one from the Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/09/08/bush_fell_short_on_duty_at_guard/), and the other from a Right Wing source which rightfully glosses over a short period of Bush's record and extols the good (http://www.hillnews.com/york/090904.aspx).

Wrong. With the help of the Electoral College, and following the guidelines as set down by our governmetn, he did get elected President. The popular vote has NOTHING to do with it.

There are a mountain of article that state major fishiness lead to Bush's election. And there are also a mountain of articles that refute that.

There is NO tanker named after Condoleza Rice....let's check our facts before we post

From the San Francisco Chronicle (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2001/05/05/MN223743.DTL).

Anyway...

This tit for tit (thanks THE OFFICE [Dwight]) can go on ad infinitum. I just wanted to read for myself.

Here is what I learned on the things I looked into: Bush really did have a decent performance record in the National Guard, there was a tanker named after Rice, but not anymore, and he was arrested in 1976, but so was Cheney (http://www.drunkdrivingdefense.com/consequences/bush-dui.htm).

-Sal

Desert_Seg
10-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Sal,

My point exactly, tit for tat can continue forever, especially if folks don't do their research.

As for the tanker, I acknowledge it there was a FORMERLY named Condolezza Rice. This was done in the early 90's when Ms. Rice served on the Chevron BoD. I actually have seen the real thing back in my USN days.

However, in late 2000 or early 2001 the ship was renamed and hence my assertion htat there is no tanker named after her. Also, please don't read anything it the naming of the tanker, lots of folks have tankers named after them....sometimes for only a few years as a form of honorific.

So, no more tit for tat if folks agree to do some research :-)

Steven

Buckaroo Banzai
10-07-2006, 12:49 AM
This is hilarious and sad at the same time!

At least I didn't start this thread. Lol.
It's been so tempting though lately.
Do I get any credit for my restraint?
Just had to see how long it would take before someone (besides me) felt they had to speak up about the decline of our beloved country lately.

Didn't invade two countries? Lol. How you going to spin that?
Oh yeah, "liberation". P l e a s e.
No ship named after Condi... (Cough, cough) anymore. Lol.
That's not a little lie Steven? P l e a s e.

Let the country decide who is the bigger liar.
INHO, there are BIG lies (the dying baby is in the OTHER dumpster) and SMALL lies (the lollipop is not really green, it's red.).

You defend the indefensible, over and over and over and over.
Isn't this the definition of insane that you posted about me?
Maybe that was Karl. Anywho...

ALL THESE BUSHSUCKERS HAVE LEFT IS TO COMPARE BUSH TO CLINTON.
Well, BRING THAT ON!
(Except Steven... not! Lol. You can do better than that, IMHO.)

The "all lies are the same" argument is absurd, IMHO.

Our boys and girls are dying for greed not security.
Voting machines are being hacked.
No Bin Laden kill or capture?
Our world image as a country is in the toilet.
Constitution? Constitution?
We don't need no stinking constitution!
We got signing statements!

Let's go bomb Iran! Geniuses.

IMO, our country is divided more than ever (in modern times).
Pathetic.

This is Bushit. Is it at it's worst? We'll see.

If martial law is declared and the 2008 elections are postponed some folks, right here, will go along with the indefensible yet again.

God help us all.
Peace please.

Josh
(The sushi eating, Segway riding, bleeding heart liberal from Cali by way of NYC but at least I AIN'T NO BUSHSUCKER!)

"If there's one thing that George Bush has done that we should never forget, it's that for us and for our children, he has shattered the myth of white supremacy once and for all," - Charlie Rangel (D) NY.

Sal
10-07-2006, 12:58 AM
"If there's one thing that George Bush has done that we should never forget, it's that for us and for our children, he has shattered the myth of white supremacy once and for all," - Charlie Rangel (D) NY.

I needed that! Thanks for posting! :eek: :D

-Sal

sombody
10-07-2006, 09:15 AM
America could never produce another document that begins with -

WE THE PEOPLE-

rick

Florida Ever-Glides
10-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Jon,

The resume is incomplete! George W.(Will it balance) Bush was the first person to step on a 'turned off' Segway and nearly fall off...

He then was given the earned slogan, "Bush balances the Segway like he balances the budget"...

drmarty
10-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Desert Seg

I applaud your attempt to respond to this drivel. I have to resist being hauled into the fray. But I won't get into it. They just keep repeating and repeating the same things. It still doesn't make them true.

The outcome of the election and every single lawsuit was the same. George Bush won. Deal with it. That's our system. He gets to administrate until Jan 2009.

Thanks again Desert Seg
and George W Bush

Marty

JasonDupres
10-09-2006, 06:15 PM
one thing is for sure...! he fall off the segway! :)

Kind Regards,

Buckaroo Banzai
10-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Outside of some religious fanatics, arms dealers and white supremacists, I thought Desert Seg, Karl and Citivolus were the only three Bushlovers left in America. Lol.

Who knew there was one more?

Drivel? Lol.

The neo-cons should know all about drivel. :)
Such as:

"War as a last resort" - BUSH
"WMDs? Slam dunk." - TENENT
"We know where the weapons are... north, south, west and east..." - RUMSFELD
"The resistance is in it's last throws." - DARTH CHENEY
"Heck of a job Brownie!" - BUSH
"No one could have anticipated... *" - THE WHOLE CRIMINAL BUNCH
*Insert the Iraqi resistance or the breech in the levees or no WMDs in Iraq or crashing airplanes into buildings, etc., etc., etc.

FIRST CLASS DRIVEL. Lol.

These guys are folding right in front of our eyes.
Karma's a bitch.
It's going to be fun seeing this current "regime" face justice over the next two years. :)

AMEN!

Peace.

citivolus
10-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Outside of some religious fanatics, arms dealers and white supremacists, I thought Desert Seg, Karl and Citivolus were the only three Bushlovers left in America. Lol.
So thinking one national politician is as bad as the next and thinking I know what best to do with my money makes me a Bushlover? Interesting thought pattern you have going there. Oh and not every consipiracy theory is valid, in fact most are... well, see this thread http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13644 for the whole alien abduction conspiracy bit.

I have to admit that you are certainly a fan of democracy. However, I'll take liberty any day.

--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Buckaroo Banzai
10-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Hmmm.
It's called humor.

Speaking of humor...
Can't think of one funny right-wing comic.
Oh yeah, Dennis Miller... NOT! Funny that is. Intelligent yes but funny? No.

Why aren't there more conservative comics? That are funny that is.

There are so many jokes there, I don't know where to begin! Lol.

Seriously though...

"I have to admit that you are certainly a fan of democracy. However, I'll take liberty any day."

I'll bet MANY Iraqis are thinking that same thought now that our "liberation" of them has ended and our "occupation" continues.

citivolus
10-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Hmmm.
It's called humor.
Oh, sorry if I don't think character assasination in the form of a juxtaposition between myself and "religious fanatics, arms dealers and white supremacists" qualifies as humor. Unless of course my apatheism, gun ownership and being a Metis would put me in one or all of those groups.

I'll bet MANY Iraqis are thinking that same thought now that our "liberation" of them has ended and our "occupation" continues.
I've got nothing against cutting and running. Heck that's what we did when Chuck Wilson stopped caring about Afghanistan after the Soviet pull out. It's not like the ensuing years of civil war had any long term deleterious effect. With luck your candidate, whomever that might be, will be president to fix it then. The whole 'pay it forward' concept doesn't work for So-so security, maybe it will work for turmoil in the middle east.

Buckaroo Banzai
10-10-2006, 08:46 PM
You've been defending Bush since my first post about the film Loose Change.

Here it is free on the web. Listen to the FDNY who were IN THE TOWERS on 9/11 talk about the explosions they heard at the BASE of the towers.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501&q=loose+change+9%2F11&hl=en

Anyhow, sorry your feelings were hurt.
But THAT IS BUSH'S BASE.
That is the team you are supporting.
Deal with it.

Please don't tell me you have been on the fence about BUSH or I will go into the achieves and start quoting your Bushlover points defending the indefensible.

At least DesertSeg is open about his love affair with Bush. Please don't take that literally. I know it might have sounded confusing with the Foley scandal and all. Lol.

And yes, I loved Clinton. He was flawed in the lust department but peace and prosperity (esp. for those who need it most) is still looking good to me.

What do Republicans stand for these days?
Small government? no
Privacy? no
Balanced budgets? no
"Family Values"? yeah right (clearly NO party has the monopoly on morals)
Strong defense? We've all but lost two wars Bush started, soldiers don't have the gear or support they need, Halliburton is feeding them expired food and tainted drinking water, mercenaries are making many times the salary of our soldiers and veterans benefits are being cut. Heck of a job Bushie!

What do democrats stand for?

Protecting the constitution? check
Helping the poor, homeless and sick? check
Protecting the environment? check
Protecting civil rights for everyone (even gay folks)? check
Inspecting all shipping containers? check
Energy independence? check
Killing or capturing Osama? check
Lowering taxes for the poor and middle class (folks making under $250,000 per year)? check

I know, $250,000 isn't what it used to be! P l e a s e.

The Dems are far from perfect but at least their base isn't made up of religious fanatics, arms dealers, white supremacists... and those who vote with their wallets.

Is that better?

Peace.

citivolus
10-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Anyhow, sorry your feelings were hurt.
Save your platitudes, it's typical elitist drivel and we both know it.
Please don't tell me you have been on the fence about BUSH or I will go into the achieves and start quoting your Bushlover points defending the indefensible.
Please. Be my guest. I've been consistent throughout stating there were things I disliked about both parties.
And yes, I loved Clinton. He was flawed in the lust department but peace and prosperity (esp. for those who need it most) is still looking good to me.
Oh, the other president who didn't win a majority of the popular vote. I'm confused, what happened to your desire for democracy? Would he be the president that ran to Canada during Vietnam? I thought you didn't like people who tried to avoid military service? Wasn't he the president who oversaw the second intifada? The guy who enacted the Defense of Marriage Act that denied recognition of same sex marriages? The DMCA? The Iraq Liberation Act? The Communications Decency Act? An omnibus crime bill that expanded the use of the death penalty?
What do Republicans stand for these days?
Small government? no
Privacy? no
Balanced budgets? no
You're right, they sound more like dems.
What do democrats stand for?
A lack of a plan. Oh, was that a rhetorical question?
Protecting the constitution? check
Except a few amendments like the first (McCain-Feingold), second (black rifle ban), fourth (lost drug war), fifth (Kelo decision), eighth (lost drug war), ninth and tenth (always ignored)
To be fair, 'cause I know you won't, some of these are bipartisan pursuits.
Helping the poor, homeless and sick? check
By stealing money under threat of imprisonment from everyone else? check
Protecting the environment? check
Only if protection means ditching the fifth amendment because a "golden pigeon" moved in. Unless of course the land could be better used for higher taxes.
Protecting civil rights for everyone (even gay folks)? check
Everyone that thinks and believes the same thing but not people who think government is too big
Inspecting all shipping containers? check
Of course, it's an easy thing to say when you can just print more money.
Energy independence? check
Just independence from non-wasp energy suppliers
Killing or capturing Osama? check
Yeah, because that track record is so solid. But I'm sure they will do their best to 'talk him in'
Lowering taxes for the poor and middle class (folks making under $250,000 per year)? check
I'm sorry, show me that plan. Is that the same one that keeps Huffington in the 28% tax bracket? I thought so.
I know, $250,000 isn't what it used to be! P l e a s e.
While that is true, what is this supposed to mean? Please what? English much?
The Dems are far from perfect but at least their base isn't made up of religious fanatics, arms dealers, white supremacists... and those who vote with their wallets.
Well said, it is made up of irreligious fanatics, police state advocates, divisive class warriors and people who vote with my wallet.
Is that better?
Better than what? The current two party cartel /duopoly certainly isn't better than when third party candidates were viable. With the loss of the USSR, it's all realpolitick now.

Buckaroo Banzai
10-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Yawn.

This is boring. We've covered all this before. Yawn.

You are either for civil rights (we the people), protecting the environment, protecting the constitution, interested in peace and helping the poor or not.
With us or against us! Lol.

Some people can defend anything.
Even the unnecessary murder of 600,000 Iraqis who never did anything to us.

http://www.nytimes.com/glogin?URI=http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/11/world/middleeast/11casualties.html&OQ=_rQ3D1Q26pagewantedQ3Dprint&OP=596a5c34Q2FI.Q3EkIXdn7hddsQ2BIQ2BQ5CQ5CmIQ25Q5C IQ25Q25I.dh6XIoQ3AXX6Q3EQ3E_7sIQ25Q25n_7Q27_6sQ3AQ 3E7Vbso6

We are just going in circles.

If Bush is your man. Enjoy him.
I'll take Clinton every time.

However...

Dems are "police state advocates"?
That's hilarious! You mean Bush & Co.?

Dems want "Just independence from non-wasp energy suppliers"?

Ok, not a bad start as opposed to holding hands with Saudi royals, Bush's extended family. Why is Bush so cozy with Saudi Arabia? A simple Google search will explain why Bush loves the governments where the 9/11 hijackers were from.

"Would he be the president that ran to Canada during Vietnam?"

Cheney had 5 deferments. I might have done the same thing.
But I'm a dove, not a chicken hawk.

"Oh, the other president who didn't win a majority of the popular vote."

Clinton won the majority between the three candidates. Twice. Remember Perot? Clinton would get elected again today if he could run. No one talked about election fraud in the 1990s.

As I said, Clinton is far from perfect but I'd support him again in a minute compared to what we have now.

Bush is right about one thing, history will decide.

Got more drivel? You are the expert. Lol.

Peace.

citivolus
10-11-2006, 12:37 PM
This is boring. We've covered all this before. Yawn.
Sorry it isn't stimulating enough for you. Feel free to come up with some fresh and original propaganda. At least your cut & paste technique is down pat. Lol.
You are either for civil rights (we the people), protecting the environment, protecting the constitution, interested in peace and helping the poor or not.
With us or against us! Lol.
At least you are being honest about part of it. You are only for the cherry picked civil rights that you believe in. It's a pity property and non-interference aren't among them, otherwise we might agree on more things.
Dems want "Just independence from non-wasp energy suppliers"?

Ok, not a bad start as opposed to holding hands with Saudi royals, Bush's extended family. Why is Bush so cozy with Saudi Arabia? A simple Google search will explain why Bush loves the governments where the 9/11 hijackers were from.
Again, I have to give you props for being honest about how you really feel.
Clinton won the majority between the three candidates. Twice. Remember Perot? Clinton would get elected again today if he could run. No one talked about election fraud in the 1990s.
Spoken like a man who doesn't know what a majority is. Hint: > (N/2)
Lol.
Got more drivel? You are the expert. Lol.
It's only drivel when your understanding is sooo limited.

Piece. Lol.

Sal
10-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Okay, I think this thread has run it's course. :D

-Sal