PDA

View Full Version : Segway and politics...

n/a
10-03-2002, 01:19 PM
From the reading of recent articles I wonder if the Segway legislation is going to become a political issue. I notice one recent article where the reporter brought in the issue of "the ritch against the poor". Some people might want to appear as the champion for the elderly and the pedestrian etc. Will public posts be won or lost at some point on the issue of Segway legislation? Will the Segway issue be used by all sorts of groups to argue for or against their pet peeves: safety, obesity, minority rights, etc...

I hope that Segway hurries up with providing more test results and safety data, before this thing gets out of hand.

Here is a quote from a fresh article:

quote:"It is distressing the governor again shows lack of concern for the safety of vulnerable populations,'' said Bob Planthold, spokesman for Senior Action Network.

http://www.bayinsider.com/partners/ktvu/news/2002/10/03_segway.html

Blinky
10-05-2002, 04:27 PM
I sometimes wonder if our beloved elected officials ever seem concerned or conscious about anything that could benefit mankind as we know it.

<<I hope that Segway hurries up with providing more test results and safety data, before this thing gets out of hand>>

Absolutely correct. Segway's lobbyists should be doing that already. If not, they better get moving.