PDA

View Full Version : Polarization - The Intro

Desert_Seg
07-21-2006, 04:58 AM
The post that will immediately follow this one is a full copy of an OpEd Piece I've submitted to print.

As some of you know, and others have figured out, I love a good debate and am willing to discuss anything with anybody. I, however, hate the polarization that has taken over our society, a polarization that has short-circuited our brains so much that we dont' seem to be able to see the other side...

I am posting this with the hopes that I will engender enough dialogue to be able to write a second piece later in the year. Your comments, as well as those on my blog and those received from readers, will let me see into the souls of my fellow humans. And who knows, you might even change a mind or two.

Please note, THIS IS NOT MEANT TO GET YOU TO PICK SIDES ON ANY ONE TOPIC, IT IS ONLY MEANT FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO OPEN YOUR MINDS THAT THERE MIGHT, JUST MIGHT, BE A VALID YET OPPOSING VIEW.

Sorry it is so long (even the editor slammed me becaues I went past the column inches he wanted) but oh well...it's getting printed anyway :-)

Steven

GyroGo
07-21-2006, 05:22 AM
Your comments, as well as those on my blog and those received from readers, will let me see into the souls of my fellow humans.
I'm really not sure I want you looking into my soul. My wife won't go there. It's really not a pretty sight.

GyroGo
07-21-2006, 11:20 AM
and where is your blog?