PDA

View Full Version : Florin - Guess what you and I have in common!

Desert_Seg
07-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I'll give you a hint....8/9

Steven

florin
07-21-2006, 03:20 AM
I'll give you a hint....8/9

Steven

Steven,

I have no clue, perhaps we both are having vacation at the moment? Or is it that we both are living in a hot country (it's the whole week already around 37 degrees celcius in the shades).

I guess your hint is a bit too cryptic for me.

Desert_Seg
07-21-2006, 03:21 AM
oops, make it 9/8 (9 August)...or at least the SegChat calendar says so!

Steven

florin
07-21-2006, 03:23 AM
We are both celebrating our birthday at the same day :D

Desert_Seg
07-21-2006, 03:55 AM
We are both celebrating our birthday at the same day :D

There you go.

Now for a quick quiz...What major US event happened on August 9th?

Steven

florin
07-21-2006, 05:22 AM
Luckly the internet can help me a little bit with that, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_9.

A lot of things happened on the August 9, but to find the "major" one, is quit tough, but I will make a guess:

August 9, 1862: At Cedar Mountain, Virginia, Confederate General Stonewall Jackson narrowly defeats Union forces under General John Pope.

Anyhow, since now the whole community knows that your birthday is on august 9, will you enter your birthday details into your profile? I don't see your name appear in the calendar yet.

For all those who are reading this, I have a small birthday wish: Help me to get a decent reputation, I don't want to be a unknown quantity. (it's not fair, even new people who register aren't an unknown quantity)

Desert_Seg
07-21-2006, 05:29 AM
Another hint...

"I am not a Crook"......

Steven

florin
07-21-2006, 05:44 AM
Come on, you got to be kidding. Is this the major event:

1974 - Richard Nixon becomes the first President of the United States to resign from office. His Vice President, Gerald Ford, becomes president.

I'm probably lacking some American history knowledge to see this as a major event. So I will take your word for it.

GyroGo
07-21-2006, 09:53 AM
For all those who are reading this, I have a small birthday wish: Help me to get a decent reputation, I don't want to be a unknown quantity. (it's not fair, even new people who register aren't an unknown quantity)
I clicked you a birthday present. You're right, the points aren't quite fair, but I wouldn't know how to suggest fixing them wide scale. And though I can't complain about mine, I inexplicably have a few negative clicks related to seemingly benign posts. While many good ol' members have few or no points, some appear to me to have either cheated the system or mysteriously jumped up without merit. Since I don't know the answer (and my points are good), I'm not complaining, but I am scratching my head in wonder. Anyway, Admin can give you a boost.

PAM or SAL, Florin's looking for a gift :) .

florin
07-21-2006, 10:23 AM
I clicked you a birthday present. You're right, the points aren't quite fair, but I wouldn't know how to suggest fixing them wide scale. And though I can't complain about mine, I inexplicably have a few negative clicks related to seemingly benign posts. While many good ol' members have few or no points, some appear to me to have either cheated the system or mysteriously jumped up without merit. Since I don't know the answer (and my points are good), I'm not complaining, but I am scratching my head in wonder. Anyway, Admin can give you a boost.

PAM or SAL, Florin's looking for a gift :) .

Thanks GyroGo,

With your present I'm now a Spectacular Aura (150 points), I guess the better your reputation is, the more points you can give to someone else his/hers reputation, but I'm not sure about it. I think this whole unknown quantity thing is caused by the move to the new forum system, I guess they should have inserted all the old members into the new system with some starting points, instead of 0 points.

Anyway, I'm feeling better now, I'm no longer an unknown quantity. Ok, I still have a long way to go before I'm a Glorious Beacon of Light.