PDA

View Full Version : Private Message Function Not Well Publicized

glen_d
05-19-2006, 01:42 PM
It appears that very few people realize that the Private Message function exists. I sent a private message to two other members and they didn't discover them for nearly two weeks. I sent a private message to the admin, and he hasn't responded ten days later.

I think part of the problem may be that if you are not logged on, you won't receive notice that you have a private message. It might be beneficial to include some info about the Private Message function somewhere. The FAQ seems like an obvious location, but it is set up oddly . . . you have to enter a topic to get info. If you don't know about the private message function, you can't get any info on it.

One solution would be to set up the FAQ as a list of topics organized in groups rather than a query function.

Or maybe the problem is just that no one wants to talk to me :)

Glen

cmonkey
05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
I've used it quite a bit. The trick is set up the email so you get a notification through your regular email account.

pam
05-19-2006, 02:15 PM
to send me a message to my home email addy. I think I have 29 messages, and am working on an issue for a FIRST group now.

If any of you have a problem, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Pam