PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying a Segway..

tubajon
05-17-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm thinking about possibly buying a Segway for the fall, for when I go off to college. The college I'll be attending, Central Michigan University, is a moderately sized campus, where you can walk to most classes. The problem I have is that I have severely flat feet, and after walking the distance that it would be to one or two classes, I probably wouldn't be able to walk easily the rest of the day.

About a week ago, a guy came into our school demoing the Segway. I tried it out, and loved it. Do you think this would be a very practical use for the Seg? Seems like it might help my feet. By the way, I usually don't have problems standing very long, just walking.

RC Mike
05-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Why wait? Get it now. You will not regret it.

Mike

Tarkus
05-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Why wait? Get it now. You will not regret it.

Mike

go for it !!! It will change your life.

Also vist www.draft.cc for more about the HT and the disabled.

Regards,
Alan

Peqrlsoloff
05-18-2006, 03:13 PM
YES, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL EXCEPT IN THE SNOW. I went to U of M. Pearl

Peqrlsoloff
05-18-2006, 03:19 PM
It will be great. I don't think it's good in the snow but maybe the snow tires work, I don't know. I went to the U of M. Pearl

singman
05-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Go for it!! I was apprehensive at first due to arthritis in both knees and hips so I bought a used unit from the estate of a 96 year old man who used it for 3 years. It was the best investment I ever made and don't regret it a bit.

Anything to make life easier is a good investment!!