PDA

View Full Version : Reputation?

GyroGo
05-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Not that I deserve a reputation, but I'm just curious how that feature of this forum operates? How do member's reputations get assigned or incremented? I see some new users with no posts have green dots, and many long time members have grey dots.

Also, I see some new members have a "5000" designation while others are labeled "New Member". What's the dif?

pam
05-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh, we all deserve a reputation - I know I have one :D

That said, I'm not sure what it is for this software, however I notice that at the bottom of your post there's a little icon that can be clicked on to "add" to your reputation. I clicked on yours twice, and it turned your little gray box into a green box.

Maybe someone who is more familiar with this particular software can add their 2 cents...

Pam

GyroGo
05-10-2006, 03:56 PM
I clicked on yours twice, and it turned your little gray box into a green box.

Ooooo! 2 clicks from Pam! I didn't know I was so well thought of! :D

Seriously, thanks, I was really more curious than anything. I'm not sure it would be good for my image to become part of the "establishment".

RC Mike
05-10-2006, 04:00 PM
On this forum, I am not sure that it matters. On my RC forums, it really helps to weed out the kids who have absolutely no clue but who sound good. It helps to keep others from following their advice and killing engines and electronics.

Mike

Sal
05-10-2006, 04:15 PM
I clicked yours as well! LOL

-Sal

GyroGo
05-10-2006, 04:29 PM
I clicked yours as well! LOL

-Sal
And I clicked on yours, one good turn deserves another!

it's a love fest.

macgeek
05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Were having a click claque!

Jonathan

GyroGo
05-10-2006, 06:13 PM
And I clicked yours!

Right back at ya, Jon.

Wow, I can feel the love. Maybe those jerks who make fun of guys on Segs are right? :eek:

Desert_Seg
05-11-2006, 01:09 AM
I clicked on everybody's but Pam's. I have green box envy and she has too many :)

Steven

(Just kidding Pam!)

GyroGo
05-11-2006, 02:13 AM
I clicked on everybody's but Pam's. I have green box envy and she has too many :)

Steven

(Just kidding Pam!)Well, it's a little silly to continue to post tit for tat, or click for chat, or whatever game it is, so I will not continue to respond to the cycle of dialogue after this one here.

I will just say now: Thank You to those that support my reputation, and I am glad to click back in kind when the member deserves it.

Steven, you definitely deserve it back, as have the others I have so far to thank here.

Desert_Seg
05-11-2006, 02:20 AM
Oh, I'm finally green....and not with envy. Thanks Gary....

Now, as RC Mike stated, in other boards I participate in, reputation is a critical factor. In fact, it is how most newbies can tell who to trust right away, especially if it is a well moderated board.

I don't really see that as a problem here as this is a very open board that pretty much recommends on thing....to glide, glide, glide.

With 4,172 members we are a pretty big, and active board....let's keep it going and see how long it takes to get to 5,000!

Steven