PDA

View Full Version : “Billion Dollar Cheney” riding a Segway!

Buckaroo Banzai
04-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Regardless of one’s political beliefs, this little video is HALARIOUS!!

“Billion Dollar Cheney” riding a Segway!

Here it is…

http://billiondollarcheney.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

Sorry in advance to my neo-con, Seg-gliding brothers and the 15% of America who still support this man. Who exactly is that again? A very exclu$ive club of "folk$" like him I $uppo$e. Lol.

Peace from the Neo-Hippy!

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS… BRING THEM HOME!!!

How does he sleep?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d72/Neohippyx/nm_cheney_060421_ssh.jpg

RC Mike
04-21-2006, 10:34 PM
You (using the song) accuse him of greed, but I will bet $1000 that you did not give as much as a percentage of your income to charity. For the record, Cheney gave 77.76% of his income for 2005 to charity. Then he paid $530,000 in tax.

Mike

FYI, i have no idea what a neo-con is (must be stupid, guess I missed that day in school) but regardless of what you think, I do not blindly follow this president or this administration.

Mike

Desert_Seg
04-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Josh,

You crack me up....but I will give you credit. Much like a broken record you keep sticking to the same message!

Enjoyed the video. However, it didn't have a message, only a bunch of inferences that those who are easily led might bunch together in order to make a message!

Have a great day.

Steven

(Not a Neo-Con, just an educated realist!)

KSagal
04-22-2006, 09:02 AM
I once read that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result...

Josh, you keep plugging away! I am sure you will get the success you deserve...

I do agree with Steven. If tenacity is a virtue, that that virtue is Josh's.

Buckaroo Banzai
04-22-2006, 09:39 AM
"I once read that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result..."

"Much like a broken record you keep sticking to the same message!"

I think this describes our current administration's "policies" perfectly. Lol.

"If tenacity is a virtue, that that virtue is Josh's."

This too perfectly applies to our current "administration". Lol.

Thanks for pointing this out guys. ;)

I once read something about "thou shall not kill" and "turn the other cheek".
I'm not much of an "eye for an eye" guy myself despite my background.

C'mon, at least this video was Segway related.

Peace.

P.S. If I had Cheney's money, I'd probably give too much of it away for my own good. If you have a billion in the bank, how hard it is to give $200 million (my number) to the folks that need it most? As for Cheney’s taxes, I'll dig up a very interesting article about this later. Gotta go to the Earth Day Walk today. I'm walking, not gliding.

Stewbonz
04-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Living Overseas the last few years, I've only met 3 people that support the current administration.
A couple from South Carolina and a buddy of mine in the Oil Field Business.

A good percentage of the worlds population think Bush is a numbskull, a pea brain, a dummy.

It's just plain embarrassing to say I'm American these days.
Wasn't like that 6 years ago.

GW Bush will most likely go down in history as a disaster, taking decades to repair Americas reputation around the world.

The entire group should have resigned when zero WMD were found in Iraq.

Now we have legitimate problems in Iran and Korea with no clout and a busted budget.

Tarkus
04-27-2006, 12:20 AM
No your right. Six years ago the plans were being laid by those who despised US already while the President was getting "laid".

And Buckaroo your CA. address tells your tale.

http://www.fdnylodd.com/BloodofHeroes.html

We were caught with our pants down because the previous President had his down.

Buckaroo Banzai
04-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Seems to me most folks who blame Clinton's sex-life for everything, don't have much of one themselves, without exception (man or woman). Lol.

My political views are well known here, and yes I do think this little video potrays The Dick in the light he deserves. With his health situation, why doesn’t he go and be a loving grandfather? This speaks volumes to me.

I, Josh, actually want Bin Laden "dead or alive", remember that horse sh*%? Now Bush says, “I don’t know where he is, I don’t spend much time on it.” IMO, that says it all.

Does anyone in this administration have "skin in the game" in Iraq? Does anyone in this administration (or its cronies) stand to gain financially from these Oil Wars? Hmmmmm. Bush, Cheney and Rice, all big oil execs, running our country? Thanks for playing... ba-bye.

Now on to Iran? Who’s insane again? I think America, “the sleeping giant” is finally waking up with quite a hangover. Indictments are coming. Karma is a bitch that way. IMO, anyone who wants to wage war in Iran stands to gain financially and couldn't care less about our troops, or worse. An airstrike maybe (not), but get our boys and girls home already.

Can’t fool all the people all the time.

Not interested in opening this political can of worms again, just thought this was a funny video featuring the Segway and The Dick. Lol.

Peace & love from the Neo-Hippy.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
SUPPORT THE TROOPS… BRING THEM HOME!

P.S. Now I'm insane and being from Cali says it all? Lol. Even many "conservatives' have had enough of this administration and its religious fundamental fanaticism, giant deficits and culture of death and torture.

Desert_Seg
04-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Josh,

Still the same message. Bush is bad, Bush is bad, Bush is bad.

Thought I'd point out that neither Bush, nor Cheney, nor Rice have any dealings with any oil industry corporation. The fact that they used to is not a crime, nor does it indicate that the invasion of Iraq was IOT line their pockets. Such small thinking isn't even worthy of thought and you do yourself a disservice aligning yourself with that train of thought.

That being said, can you tell me what indictments are coming? And war in Iran? New train of thought for you.

Yep, I think that there is a tad bit of insanity in the world, but I don't think YOUR insane, just misguided. Let's go gliding and leave the hatemongering behind.

Steven

Buckaroo Banzai
04-28-2006, 09:23 AM
I'll stop "hatemongering" when our boys & girls come home from this bogus war, the truth comes out and justice is served to the "folks" who lied to us and took us to war based on falsehoods and war-profiteering.

Yes, Bush is not only bad but also a murderous chicken hawk with more guts than brains, IMO.

If speaking out harshly is hatemongering, Clinton was able to take it pretty well. And to my knowledge, he never sent thousands of our soldiers to die or become maimed for life for nothing, not to mention the tens of thousands of innocent Muslims killed in the name of "freedom". If part of the goal was to win hearts and minds, killing and torturing so many innocents might not be the best way to accomplish this.

It’s so funny to hear Bush people get so offended by some serious criticism. Us Clinton folks heard him being called a murder (Vince Foster), rapist, etc., etc. and didn’t question people’s patriotism. Such thin skin. Lol.

Where is Bin Laden? Maybe he and Bush are working together? Lol.
Gotta’ have a boogieman to scare the public. If Bush and Co. actually catches him, Bush always has gays or undocumented workers to scapegoat.

Peace.

P.S. Please note, no personal attacks toward fellow Seggers here, only our government. I can do that right? I think the Constitution is still in effect. What day is it again?

Although, Steven, as I’m sure you know, I believe you are the one who has been “misguided”, lied to and mislead by these evil neo-cons.

Desert_Seg
04-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Josh,

I'm disappointed, it took you more than 20 hours to respond.

Nope, I'm not misled, just well read.
And no, I'm not misguided nor do I feel totally lied to.

As I've said before, I don't condemn Clinton for having sexual relations with that woman (something he consistently denies), I blame him for lying, out and out lying, even while under oath. Oh, and he still does. By the way, if you want justice served to folks who lied to us, what do you want to happen to Clinton?

I also don't get offended by criticism but I do dislike continued bashing without facts to back it up. I can name countless times you (and others) have done that.

Osama Bin Laden is real, Osama Bin Laden is somebody we should all worry about, and, for your edification, if Clinton had done the hunting when he first became a threat, maybe we wouldn't be in Iraq and Afghanistan now.

And speaking of wars, how many of our brave men and women died in Bosnia?

For the record, I am against undocumented workers, do not believe that illegal immigrants have rights, and absolutely hate the Spanish version of our National Anthem.

Steven

Buckaroo Banzai
04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi Grumpy,

Well read? Fair and balanced right? Ok. I’ll take your word for it. Lol. So are Cheney and Rice. Oy vey! We aren’t going to agree about Bubba either, no big surprise. I think the man (or woman) with his (or her) hand on “the red button” should get all the sex they want to ease the stress. (Paid for with tax-dollars if need be.) Not my business, can be classified. Lol. History will decide who was a better leader. I like Rolling Stone magazine’s current take on it.

I don’t recall loosing thousands of soldiers with tens of thousands of our boys (and girls) maimed in Clinton’s war. At least he was up front about his "nation-building". No real oil there either, right?

http://www.nytimes.com/specials/bosnia/context/0703yugo-us-troops.html

Remember when Bush said force would be used in Iraq as a “LAST RESORT”? Guess he wasn’t under oath when he got on TV and SPOKE TO THE PEOPLE. That is my favorite of dozens of Bush’s lies. Let’s get him under oath about his "(s)elections", 9/11, Iraq, Katrina, Spy-gate or his “energy policy” and see what happens. Lol. Sex or War lies? I’ll take the sex, everytime.

Ok. So after we deport 14 million hard-working people and nuke Iran, then what? Who's next? Peace and prosperity? Over-rated right? Not enough cash to be made that way for some. (Not you, I think.)

Hmmmm, imagine Elian Gonzalez times 14 MILLION. Sure you’ve thought this one through? IMO, hearing our national anthem in languages from all around the world would make me feel even more proud to be an American. Also, no offense, but an American living in the UAE declaring that our mostly poor, "undocumented" workers here "have no rights" is down right scary. Works there I guess... for some.

As for the rest, Bush is your man. I get it. Enjoy him. He's all yours. He’d be a great president… for the UAE. Lol. I hear he is drinking again and Laura is sleeping in a hotel room much of the time. She has some sense. Shame she isn’t president. Her taste in “men”? Well…

Anyway…

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - James Madison

And...

Seen this?? Funny stuff. Colbert and Kristol the neo-conn and the neoneo-con hard at work.
“I’m an anti-nuke neocon and you’re a pro-nuke neocon.”

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/TCR-Kristol-PNAC.mov

or for you PC types...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/04/28.html#a8079

Wouldn’t it be interesting to take a political poll of Segway owners?
Are there more “tree huggers” or do more of the type of folks with the disposable income to buy a Segway tend to be a bit conservative? I hear Dean I$ a Republican. Arrrgh.

Lastly, heard this song? Like the Beatles? Very funnny.

http://decider.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

Peace Grumpy.

RC Mike
04-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Ok. So after we deport 14 million hard-working people and nuke Iran, then what?

OK, I may be a moron, but come on Josh.

PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!

GWB says we cannot deport 11M illegals.

Rummy says people speculating on nuking Iran are "wildly speculating."

Get a clue.

No need to be dumb,

Mike

fyi, some "anthem" that says we stole California from the "Mexicans, not hispanics" (Hispanics are the white europeans who occupied north central america) is not American. It says we are an illegitamite country, and you Josh, are a squatter on some Mexicans land.

Mike

Why bother listening to the President, he must be a rasisct moron since he has an R after his name.

we get it josh...

mike

Buckaroo Banzai
04-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Enough name calling already.

We are all squatters on Indian and Mexican land. Some taken with money, some taken by genocide. It is our collective karma as a free nation to work through this. How about regime change in Mexico to help "fix" the problem or severe punishment for the employers who want slave labor like in the UAE (sorry Steven, my opinion)? I've never met a Mexican terrorist so the whole "terrorist excuse" is thinly veiled racism, IMO.

What about the Canadian border? No fence? No outcry? Maybe some folks are unhappy with the "browning" of America? Well, they better get used to it. Those folks can clean their own houses, raise their own children, fix their own cars and pick their own fruit. I've never met an "illegal" that refused to learn English and I interact with quite a few here in LA. Some are learning faster than others but every one I’ve met, without exception wants to learn English.

Some of our “founding fathers” wanted German to be our national language. Who cares who speaks what language here in the great melting-pot? Those who have ambition will learn English for their own benefit. The old adage is; generation one – no English, generation two – bi-lingual, generation three – English only. Happened in my family many, many generations ago on my father’s side.

We can and are "supporting" 14 million "illegals" and they pay tons in sales tax, etc. Maybe if we stopped building so many bombs and invading countries we could invest in our own people’s future. But alas, greed is our god it seems.

Declaring a group of people “has no rights”, “rounding them up” and deporting them sounds a lot like Nazism to me. I wonder who else should be rounded up? Gays, Jews, African-Americans, liberals?

As for Iran, time will tell.
Bush said himself recently that his "legacy" is to "fix" Iran.

“Rummy says people speculating on nuking Iran are "wildly speculating."
Now that’s hilarious! Put a fork in him, he’s done.

Also, there are MANY moderate Republicans I can respectfully disagree with on some issues and still respect as president. McCain, Powell, even Arnold (if he could run), Giuliani or Lieberman. ;) But these sick, evangelical, racist, greed/war mongers who could care less about our troops and “have-nots” here at home turn my stomach. They call themselves Christians? Yikes. Compassionate conservatism? What a joke. Just talk to these people long enough and you will see where they stand. It has nothing to do with Jesus. Scary.

What exactly would this son-of-a-Bush have to do for the cool-aid drinkers to see him for what he is? IMO, and millions of others, he is a half-retarded, trust-fund kid with more guts than brains. Even his own parents didn't think he'd amount to much. I’d take Jeb over Alfred E. Newman any day.

Check this out from the White House Correspondents' dinner...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/04/29.html#a8104

Priceless.

Peace Mike.

Buckaroo Banzai
04-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Just turned on the news.

If the idea of GWB nuking Iran is so crazy, why are we conducting a “bunker busting” nuke test this month?

Crazy? Yeah right.

citivolus
04-30-2006, 02:53 PM
We are all squatters on Indian and Mexican land. Some taken with money, some taken by genocide.
Be careful with such sweeping statements, we aren't all squatters Josh, just you Europeans, although I'm willing to make an exception for my father's side of the family. I'm amused by the Indian and Mexican land bit. You make it sound as if there is a difference. Surely you can't think the Spanish conquistadors or even Columbus himself were more entitled to the enslavement of the native population and theft of land than anyone else.
I've never met a Mexican terrorist so the whole "terrorist excuse" is thinly veiled racism, IMO.
That's why there are rules for crossing borders, so you never get to meet a Mexican terrorist. I could equally say that I have never met a Saudi terrorist but that doesn't mean I think we shouldn't bother checking or think it's racist to do so. I guess I'm not as willing to make assumptions and judgements about the motives of others.
We can and are "supporting" 14 million "illegals" and they pay tons in sales tax, etc.
Do you have numbers on the economic impact? Including costs for medical care, insurance rates, crime rates, etc. as well as the sales tax and whatever the "etc." might be on the revenue side. I think telling someone that they are bearing the burden of 14 M non-citizens, who only contribute a tiny fraction to society through sales tax, isn't exactly the most compelling arguement you can make.
Declaring a group of people “has no rights”, “rounding them up” and deporting them sounds a lot like Nazism to me.
It's good to know you only see the worst in people. I guess it depends on whether you believe in the rule of law. Would you advocate opening all the prison gates and letting all the prisoners go or just not arrest them in the first place? Think of all the money we could put into education and health care if we didn't have to house the murders, rapists, et. al. (Don't bother bringing up the folks incarcerated for simply toking a doob since we probably agree that the "WoD" is lost and needs major rethinking.) There are a set of rules to cross borders to work or live, I don't claim to know why or what all the rules are but selective enforcement isn't any way to run a country and I don't see any reason to give people from Mexico or Canada a free pass simply because they can walk here. It's unfair to others like Taiwanese, Koreans, Africans, Mongolians, Saudis, ad infinitum.

RC Mike
04-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Enough name calling already.

We are all squatters on Indian and Mexican land. Some taken with money, some taken by genocide. It is our collective karma as a free nation to work through this. How about regime change in Mexico to help "fix" the problem or severe punishment for the employers who want slave labor like in the UAE (sorry Steven, my opinion)? I've never met a Mexican terrorist so the whole "terrorist excuse" is thinly veiled racism, IMO.

What about the Canadian border? No fence? No outcry? Maybe some folks are unhappy with the "browning" of America? Well, they better get used to it. Those folks can clean their own houses, raise their own children, fix their own cars and pick their own fruit. I've never met an "illegal" that refused to learn English and I interact with quite a few here in LA. Some are learning faster than others but every one I’ve met, without exception wants to learn English.

Some of our “founding fathers” wanted German to be our national language. Who cares who speaks what language here in the great melting-pot? Those who have ambition will learn English for their own benefit. The old adage is; generation one – no English, generation two – bi-lingual, generation three – English only. Happened in my family many, many generations ago on my father’s side.

We can and are "supporting" 14 million "illegals" and they pay tons in sales tax, etc. Maybe if we stopped building so many bombs and invading countries we could invest in our own people’s future. But alas, greed is our god it seems.

Declaring a group of people “has no rights”, “rounding them up” and deporting them sounds a lot like Nazism to me. I wonder who else should be rounded up? Gays, Jews, African-Americans, liberals?

OK, where to start?

Never heard of a Mexican terrorist? look at these links.
mexican mafia (http://www-tech.mit.edu/V115/N22/MafiaHanded.22w.html)
kinda scary guy (http://www.policeone.com/gangs/articles/128799/)
im sure this would not be considered terrorism, the part about the baptisms (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/12381p-11709c.html)
and of course, not mexican but...
ms13 (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1347306/posts)

There is plenty of uproar about the Canadian border. Canada's criminally loose imigration policy (sorry Canadians, but it is) makes the extremely porous northern border very scary. But papers like the LA Times and television like MSNBC and CNN don't report on it, as it interferes with the liberal concept of getting more voters by importing them wether legal or not, and calling anyone who wants to stop it racist(Yes, voters legal or not. Remember the drivers license for illegals Davis passed here Josh? Add in the motor/voter law we have here in CA and all the illegals who got liscences in the several month of that law are now registered voters).

Sure they pay sales tax, but that makes me a second class citizen in my own country, as I am forced to pay a "citizen penalty" called an income tax, capital gains tax, estate tax, social security disibility insurance tax, etc...

As far as rights, i believe that they have rights. The right to due process of law, the right to an attorney, and the right to abide by the laws of this country would be among those rights. Under todays laws, that does make them eligible for a flight to Mexico City. I, along with many others thinks this should be changed. I think some kind of fine, back taxes, and registration for a background check would be a better option. Most of them come to this country to provide for their family. I can understand that. Even your favorite "son-of-a-Bush" understands that.
Bush speaks to conservative audience (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060425-010221-2501r_page2.htm)

As for Iran, time will tell.
Bush said himself recently that his "legacy" is to "fix" Iran.

“Rummy says people speculating on nuking Iran are "wildly speculating."
Now that’s hilarious! Put a fork in him, he’s done.

Also, there are MANY moderate Republicans I can respectfully disagree with on some issues and still respect as president. McCain, Powell, even Arnold (if he could run), Giuliani or Lieberman. ;) But these sick, evangelical, racist, greed/war mongers who could care less about our troops and “have-nots” here at home turn my stomach. They call themselves Christians? Yikes. Compassionate conservatism? What a joke. Just talk to these people long enough and you will see where they stand. It has nothing to do with Jesus. Scary.

What exactly would this son-of-a-Bush have to do for the cool-aid drinkers to see him for what he is? IMO, and millions of others, he is a half-retarded, trust-fund kid with more guts than brains. Even his own parents didn't think he'd amount to much. I’d take Jeb over Alfred E. Newman any day.

Check this out from the White House Correspondents' dinner...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/04/29.html#a8104

Priceless.

Peace Mike.

The rest of this is not worth commenting on, so I will refrain from responding in kind. Although, you might want to know that Lieberman is a Democrat (http://lieberman.senate.gov/about/)

Desert_Seg
04-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Josh,

Come on...your last two posts aren't worthy of you as you usually come up with better (albeit still lame) arguments. Points:

We are all squatters on Indian and Mexican land. Some taken with money, some taken by genocide.

- If it was taken with money that means it was sold, thereby it is the property of the purchaser(s). If it was taken with force (e.g. in a war) then it is the old adage "to the victor go the spoils" applies.

employers who want slave labor like in the UAE.

- Tired old FALSE argument...and I'm sure you believed Syriana also.

I've never met a Mexican terrorist so the whole "terrorist excuse" is thinly veiled racism, IMO.

- Did you ever meet an American terrorist? Does Timothy McVeigh ring a bell?

What about the Canadian border? No fence? No outcry?

- How many illegal entries a day are made via the Canadian border? One always focuses ones efforts where they will do the most good and while there are illegal entries on the Canadian border, our efforts are best spent to contain the most illegal entries which occour along the MEXICAN border.

Maybe some folks are unhappy with the "browning" of America? Well, they better get used to it.

- Really? How racist of a remark is that? Your true colors are showing.

I've never met an "illegal" that refused to learn English and I interact with quite a few here in LA. Some are learning faster than others but every one I’ve met, without exception wants to learn English.

- You finally got it right...they are in this country ILLEGALLY.

- Also, if they aren't willing to learn English then why are there large pockets of people who can't speak English? Why is there a push in Texas and Florida (and I believe CA but can't swear to it) to allow Spanish only classes in school? What about the push in those states to name Spanish as a State language?

- Illegal residents are NOT our own people, they are illegally in the US and, as such, have little or no rights that are granted to our citizens (not to say they don't have rights, just not AMERICAN Citizen rights).

- Additionally, do you realize how much money is SENT OUT of the US by those same illegal residents. Money that if spent in the US would drastically change the shape of our economy?

- As always you like to mix apples and oranges. Nobody said anything about rounding anybody up nor about deporting them. In fact, the OPPOSITE has been said.

- Why do you compare illegal residents to legal American residents (be they homosexual, of Jewish heritage, of African heritage (NOT African Americans but Americans of African heritage), or other? Illegal residents have not AMERICAN Citizen rights. Full stop.

Unfortunately your way of thinking, that of branding folks with labels, is a big reason that we have hate mongering.

Yes, we are a melting pot country BUT what has made this country strong is that we have had a common set of goals, ideals, and principles. Other commonalites has always been our ONE language, unlike so many other "Unions" which speak a variety of languages and have disparate goals.

And btw, before you rise any higher on your high horse, let me tell you a tad bit more about myself.

- I am of Hispanic descent, fully 1/2 Hispanic in fact, and very proud of my heritage.

- BUT, I am prouder (more proud?), in fact very proud to be an American.

- I still get shivers every time I hear the National Anthem (in English please!) and still stand and face the flag, at attention, if there is one nearby.

- I don't care if you are white, black, yellow, brown, pink, blue, or whatever....I will treat you the same.

- I believe we are AMERICANS first, with a long, long history of accepting people of all races, colors, and creeds, but we are AMERICANS first.

- I am ANTI labels. As I said above, it isn't African American, it is an AMERICAN of African descent. It isn't Mexican American, it is an AMERICAN of Mexican descent. Is isn't Arab American, it is an AMERICAN of Arab descent.

- I do NOT believe that we should pay for illegal residents to have the services that are meant for AMERICAN citizens or those in the country legally. Emergency services are one thing....but standard tax-paid services are another.

- And yes, I am ANTI affirmative action

Yep, I'm hard-core. But rules are there for a reason...why don't we just follow them?

Steven

RC Mike
04-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Just turned on the news.

If the idea of GWB nuking Iran is so crazy, why are we conducting a “bunker busting” nuke test this month?

Crazy? Yeah right.
link? channel? source?

Mike

citivolus
04-30-2006, 04:03 PM

Crazy? Yeah right.
Nice try. I assume your gross exaggeration is in reference to the test planned for 2 June in Nevada that isn't a nuclear test. Believe it or not, a "nuke test" actually requires fissile nuclear material.
"DTRA will detonate 700 tons - roughly 37 truckloads - of an explosive stew developed in Utah, ammonium nitrate and No. 2 fuel oil, in a 37-foot-deep, 32-foot-diameter pit."
But hey, why let a little detail like facts get in the way.

Whole thing here.
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_3756561

RC Mike
04-30-2006, 04:14 PM
I don’t recall loosing thousands of soldiers with tens of thousands of our boys (and girls) maimed in Clinton’s war. At least he was up front about his "nation-building". No real oil there either, right?

http://www.nytimes.com/specials/bosnia/context/0703yugo-us-troops.html

Was reading this story, and found it hilarious. You say Clinton was "nation-building," but as this section of the article shows, there was no nation-building going on.

The officials who give the orders to commanders want to keep the American troops protected to the point that they are reluctant to expose the soldiers to the dangers they might encounter if they actively pursued the indicted war criminals who are known to be at large in Bosnia.

Restrictions on the American soldiers are such that after six months in Bosnia, few have ever spoken to a Bosnian. Most of them can only see the country over the razor wire encircling their camps, or from convoys and patrols sent out under strict orders not to stop at a corner store for so much as a soft drink. Flak jackets are required attire off base.

"I'd kind of like the chance to talk to the people I'm over here to help," said Sgt. Steven Miller, of Louisville, Ky.

The sergeant and Pfc. Joe Antu were having Pepsis at a base snack shop located between the workout room and a dirt field loaded with trucks and Bradley fighting vehicles. That has been pretty much the extent of their world for the last half year.

Antu, from San Antonio, said: "I went home on leave and my buddies asked me what Bosnia is like. I told them I have no idea."

When American soldiers arrived in Bosnia, in freezing temperatures, and before the local armies were ordered to stay in their barracks, GIs had fewer complaints about not being able to move freely outside their bases.

So it seems that the entire purpose of the Clinton "adventure" was to provide profits for (you guessed it) Halliburton who did the base construction over there. Any comment Josh?

Mike

Desert_Seg
04-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Mike,

Now you done it...You done tarnished Ole Bill with the Halliburton brush.

Of course, I'm sure this is just another right wing conspiracy to defame such a great (choke, choke) man.

Steven

RC Mike
04-30-2006, 04:53 PM
The funny thing is that those bases are still there, still manned by American troops, still operated by Halliburton, paying for Cheney's retirement, and you hear nothing from the left wing about the fact that we have been occupiers for 10 YEARS. Why is it OK to occupy Bosnia but not Iraq? Oh yeah, cause Bill did it and they did not protest then, so to protest now would show the world their hypocracy.

Mike

Desert_Seg
04-30-2006, 05:04 PM
History is always a better read when you have the chance to re-write it, editing out the parts you don't like.

Bosnia always is a forgotten war 'cause you can't hammer the right for it. And Josh, before you get to far ahead of yourself, yes, I supported that war too.

Steven

RC Mike
05-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Lets see.. Italy, 1944-2006... 66
years Germany 1945-2006.... 65 years Japan 1945-2006 65 years S Korea 1950-2006 56 years French Indochina AKA Vietnam 1955-1974 19 years

Iraq 2003-2006 3 YEARS

Mike

Buckaroo Banzai
05-03-2006, 12:16 AM
When I find the video of this, someone owes me a beer! Lol.

Bush sang anthem in Spanish in campaign
Also: Revelation that U.S. sought Spanish national anthem in 1919.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/05/02/mcclellan-bush-spanish-anthem/

Viva Bush!

Sorry guys,

Been crazy busy lately. (2 jobs and fathering duties)

Will try to counter all the points soon as I have time. If this is no longer fun for us I am more than willing to go back to Seg talk but these are interesting times and history is being made as we speak. I am pledging now to try my best to keep our dialogue positive and steer away from personal attacks. Please don’t take all my posts literally. I’ll attempt to be more clear from now on regarding my "sweeping statements".

IMO, The land belongs to god, we just lease it for a while.

My understanding of the “nuke test” coming up is that calculations are being made to see how much nuclear material is needed to have the same result as the conventional explosives being used (for "bunker-busters").

As for “labeling people”, sounds like a political correctness debate to me. Symantics, IMO. More later, ok?

“Yep, I'm hard-core. But rules are there for a reason...why don't we just follow them?”

- Because sometimes our kings, queens and presidents are wrong and laws must be changed for obvious reasons. (Slavery, voting rights, segregation)

The "browning" of America is real. Just saying some folks should embrace it, IMO.

To be continued.

RC Mike
05-03-2006, 02:49 AM
The whole “national anthem should be sung in english because it’s our national languageas one nation under god” thing is horsesh*t base-pandering tripe used to COMPLETELY DISTRACT otherwise sane people from the original issue that was hovering two inches in front of their face. You’re left with the residual odor and no substance.

Proof: congress is discussing deporting 12 million immigrants, but the white house is discussing what language to sing the baseball theme song.

When Bush finally departs the mortal coil and wisps his way to heaven, I expect the big man to meet him at the gate and say “ARBUSTO, NO MAS!” before he descends to his fiery doom.

Comment by Drew Mackenzie — May 2, 2006 @ 2:58 pm

I'm glad you feel this way. BUT Most of America feels we should have a constitution which deals with citizens and with illegal people on our land, and that the law should prevail.

Mike

pam
05-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Sorry, Mike, but although I might agree in principle, I have to grin at your statement a bit - there are so many areas these days where the law doesn't prevail, particularly in this administration. Law is a very flexible thing these days, apparently.
Pam

Desert_Seg
05-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Ah, but that is what this issue is all about. Either we enforce the immigration law or we change it. And the only way to change it is to enforce it once we change it.

Unfortunately, we have looked the other way for so long that it has become a 12M (or is it 14M) person problem. Of course enforcing it is going to piss somebody off, including the 12M (or 14M) people who are directly affected by it and the countles others who are indirectly affected.

Questions -

- Do you realize that the number of illegal immigrants accounts for 5% of our nation's population?
- Do you the percentage of public assistance (not just welfare but all combined) that is expended on illegal immigrants?
- Do you realize how much money illegal immigrants send out of the country every day, money that could be staying here?

Most people only look at the "people" side of this issue. They don't look at the economics, they don't look at the repurcussions of letting an unabatted stream of illegal immigrants enter the country.

While the tired argument that the illegal immigrants only do the jobs that "you and I" don't want is partially true, the reason "you and I" don't want them is because of the low pay, and the low pay is because the illegal immigrants can't complain about the pay, so "you and I" (who believe we are worth more and will complain) won't take the job. It is a vicious circle, played out over and over and over again.

If you look at much of the research done over the past few years, the damage done to our nation, economically and otherwise, is huge.

We do have rules...now let's enforce them properly.

Steven

Buckaroo Banzai
05-03-2006, 09:13 AM
This is getting comical again. LOVE IT!
Obey the law?? Lol. Lol. Lol.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/04/30/bush_challenges_hundreds_of_laws/

I'll try to get back here later today.

Peace all.

Viva America!

"If you look at much of the research done over the past few years, the damage done to our nation, economically and otherwise, is huge."

Like a bogus war costing a trillion dollars? “The war will pay for itself.” Who said that again? Hmmmm. Lol.

Someone once explained a trillion like this:

If dollars were seconds; a million is a few days, a billion is over a month and a trillion is 217 CENTURIES! Thanks George. I don't think our immigrants are the problem but they sure are easy to scapegoat.

Desert_Seg
05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Josh,

The danger of doing your research via one source, or even via the internet, is exemplified by many of your posts.

I encourage you, nay, HIGHLY encourage you, to spend more time researching and studying prior to posting. If you had, you would know that the argument in this case is not just that President Bush (or any other President, for that matter) is breaking laws, rather that their interpretation of the law is such that they believe that the law in question is either unconstitutional, not applicable for a variety of reason, or that certain requirements of a law encroach on pesidential powers.

Also, please note that a President's interpretation of the law is upheld by their legal counsel and in some instances even the Justice Department.

So, again, a tad bit more research and less histrionics makes your story so much more supportable.

Steven

Best to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool then to open it and remove all doubt!

Buckaroo Banzai
05-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Ok Steven, keep talking.

I’ll draw my own conclusions and hopefully other folks will read that article and do the same.
In the meantime here are a few more if you are interested.

The Case For Impeachment
http://harpers.org/TheCaseForImpeachment.html

If Past Is Prologue, George Bush Is Becoming An Increasingly Dangerous President
By JOHN W. DEAN (Big time liberal... NOT!)
http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dean/20060421.html

And finally,

http://i73.imagethrust.com/t/439556/bushm.jpg (http://i73.imagethrust.com/images/1QlC/view-image/-users-josh-desktop-bushm.html)

This guy’s own base is gonna turn on him... Except for a few Seggers I know. :)

From the oh-so-liberal Drudge Report:

Bush sang Star Spangled Banner en español during 2000 campaign
http://drudgereport.com/flash7.htm

and God bless Laura…

Anthem in Spanish Doen't Faze First Lady
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/03/D8HCJT886.html

P.S. Mike, In my book Lieberman is a Republican. ;)

RC Mike
05-04-2006, 02:08 AM
P.S. Mike, In my book Lieberman is a Republican. ;)
Josh, that simply informs us on your failure to understand the truth. Click on the link in that post of mine and read the bio Joseph Lieberman has written about himself. Hey, what the heck, call Al Gore and ask him. Or is he a republican too?

Mike

And you still have not commented on Clinton' plan to enrich Cheney(Halliburton) by invading Bosnia.

Mike

RC Mike
05-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Here Josh, call joe and ask him....

Lieberman, Joseph I.- (D - CT) Class I
706 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-4041

Mike

citivolus
05-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Josh,
I just thought I'd give you an interesting juxtaposition.

"- Because sometimes our kings, queens and presidents are wrong and laws must be changed for obvious reasons. (Slavery, voting rights, segregation) "

"Post: Bush to disobey more than 750 laws"

Given that presidents in the U.S. don't make law, policy yes, law no, it is possible for laws to be bad without any "wrongness" on the part of a president. The same is true of some kings and queens as their jobs are mostly ceremonial these days.
Further, is it possible that the reasons are not obvious to everyone? Do we know what the alledged 750 are, or only the select few the Globe wants us to know about? Frankly, I'd wager you could eliminate about half of all laws almost at random and be better for it.

Oh, and the drudge picture is a bit pixilated, no? It isn't even as good as a bad photoshop job, I mean it looks like low budget sci-fi fly vision. Besides, who really cares? Does anyone complain about the german version done in 1861 or the Yiddish version in 1943 or, well, the other spanish version http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cocoon/ihas/loc.natlib.ihas.100000007/default.html. Then there is always the original song the music was lifted from "To Anacreon in Heaven." It all reminds me of the broccoli kerfuffle with his dad.

sombody
05-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Lets not forget Francis Scott Key put those words to an old English drinking song-

Rick

Desert_Seg
05-05-2006, 03:25 AM
Josh,

So the Drudge Report is all factual? What exactly does it say? And that picture proves what?

And could you tell us why the Harpers essay and the John Dean article carry any weight?

Everything you posted is just somebody's viewpoint (opinion), and just as you post those articles there are countles others to rebut them.

Yes, we know you dislike President But, we know you think he should be impeached and jailed, but why don't you try to think for yourself and tells us WHY, in your own words, not those of somebody else?

Steven

Buckaroo Banzai
05-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Hi guys,

Been busy lately.

I’ve strayed away from using my own words to get my point across because of how personal this can get. I’ve “soap boxed” in my own words to my own nausea. ;)

From now on, I’m going with a different tact. Whenever possible I’ll quote “conservative” talking heads, politicians, ex-Bush kool-aid drinkers, military officers & enlisted men/women and web sites to get my point across with as little of my “words” as possible. (With some of my favorite sources as well just for fun.)

You all know where I stand, let’s hear from some “conservatives” and the polls on our current “administration’s” “illegal” “unethical” and “unholy” activities that include war-lies, torture and spying on Americans (not to mention hookers and poker at the CIA!).

Lets’ start with that “liberal” Newt Gingrich…
Newt on the Phone Scandal: "I'm not going to defend the indefensible"
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/12.html#a8260

How about “liberal” Mel Gibson?
Gibson inspired by 'fear-mongering' Bush
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12052006/364/gibson-inspired-fear-mongering-bush.html

From that liberal Drudge guy again…
Spying on us from space???
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060513/D8HIRAK80.html

Tell me again how those oil/auto fat cats aren’t screwing us?
British Inventor Unveils 8000 MPG Car
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7003538016

Ok, here’s one from the NYT. Couldn’t resist.
“The Largest Single Intrusion Into American Civil Liberties Ever Committed By Any U.S. Administration”...
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/13/washington/13phone.html?pagewanted=all

And just to illustrate that my party is FAR from perfect…
Democratic candidate for Alabama AG denies Holocaust occurred
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/104-05122006-655416.html
YUCH!

Bush's Ratings Hit_New Low, Poll Shows (Wall Street Journal - liberal rag)
http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB114735765551950179-w7V4BRLul0aQ57xTm63c_3bKREY_20070512.html?mod=blog s

Finally, who is this 29%? I think we all know; IMHO, people getting rich off Bush’s greed and war-profiteering, the uninformed, and the haters.

Luckily it seems only 29% of Americans seem to identify themselves this way… this week.
(A Segway gliders poll might provide very different results.) ;)

My favorite recently…
Former president Clinton bests Bush in honesty poll
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Clinton_bests_Bush_in_honesty_poll_0512.html

It’s amazing how Republicans were so concerned about Clinton’s sex lie but will “defend the indefensible” over and over for this little bush-monkey. And yes, I believe he should be put on the stand, under oath, and explain all these scandals. Even Republicans seem to want this more and more.

Some “surprise” is coming. I’ll bet the farm on it. Or, the votes in 2006 could just be counted with “fuzzy math” again.

Oh yeah, Cheney fell asleep in a meeting again. More “fake” photos? NOT!

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2006/05/cheney-sleeping-again-at-key-meetings.html

http://i75.imagethrust.com/t/472136/cheneysleepingagain734375.jpg (http://i75.imagethrust.com/images/1YP6/view-image/-users-josh-desktop-cheney-sleeping-again-734375.html)

At least if he’s asleep, he can’t shoot any more of his friends in the face while drunk.
Lol. 18 hours before calling in the cops? P l e a s e.

This group of theives is folding like a house of cards right in front of our eyes.
Party at my place! Let freedom ring!

Peace and happy gliding. I'm gliding at the beach today. Smell ya' later.

P.S. If Bush and Co. BANNED SEGWAYS in the USA would that be the tipping point for you few gliders here that will "defend the indefensible" over and over? It took Hitler 12 years to realize his twisted "vision". Bush is right on track. I never thought it could possibly (even begin to) happen here.
NOT FOR LONG!!

P.P.S. Mike, do I really have to explain again why I label Joe Lieberman a Republican?
His views are way too conservative for me. Am I being clear this time? Jeez.

Buckaroo Banzai
05-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Here goes his base of "haves and have mores" as he "joked"...

Polls Show Bush's Base Starting To Flee
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/front/14549313.htm

Put a fork in him. He's done. No "Snow Job" can fix this.

Tony Snow On President Bush: ‘An Embarrassment,’ ‘Impotent,’ ‘Doesn’t Seem To Mean What He Says’
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/04/25/snow-on-bush/

and

Tony Snow on His First Press Gaggle: "This is Just a Mess"
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002501851

It seems America, the sleeping giant, is waking up from this nightmare. Thank God!

IMHO, if Bush was from any other family, he couldn’t get (s)elected dog-catcher let alone POTUS.

Peace.

RC Mike
05-13-2006, 02:51 PM
From that liberal Drudge guy again…
Spying on us from space???
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060513/D8HIRAK80.html

Geospatial intelligence is the science of combining imagery, such as satellite pictures, to physically depict features or activities happening anywhere on the planet. A part of the Defense Department, the NGA usually operates unnoticed to provide information on nuclear sites, terror camps, troop movements or natural disasters.

After last year's hurricanes, the agency had an unusually public face. It set up mobile command centers that sprung out of the backs of Humvees and provided imagery for rescuers and hurricane victims who wanted to know the condition of their homes. Victims would provide their street address and the NGA would provide a satellite photo of their property. In one way or another, some 900 agency officials were involved.

This is bad? People ask to see their home and they get to see it? You are kidding, right?

Tell me again how those oil/auto fat cats aren’t screwing us?
British Inventor Unveils 8000 MPG Car
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7003538016

Lets find out how many people it can carry, how many of the US safety laws it meets, how fast it will go, and how comfortable it is. Something tells me you would not enjoy riding in it Josh.

Im at work and cant really keep this going, but I will talk to the others later.

sombody
05-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Liberal Dem ? Consevative Republican ?- You are ruining my life-

Keep shredding

I have one cheek for each-