PDA

View Full Version : Speeding/Rims

Rice1411
03-19-2006, 12:29 AM
I will be the first to Admit it, driving the segway is alot less fun at black and yellow key speeds, but let's face it. Whenever we do wheelies in the middle of a busy intersection or we zig-zag between 2 old people and a couple w/ a baby stroller at a park- we're just demonstrating to the public that it's a useless toy. But if we speed on less crowded sidewalks and on empty ones during the evening hours, and we save the tricks for private property, I think city hall and the police will get less complaints. The legislation in respect to segway usage in 33 states can be easily unratified and completley wiped away if all the enthusiasts gun it anywhere and evrywhere. There are times to show off and times just to commute. I use to fly everywhere, but one time a pissed off segway owner who happend to be walking to his car had approached me and vented:......after he identified himself as a segway owenr... "It's people like you who will fu** it up for everyone who happens to own and like the segway for commuting, business, mobility, and leisure puprposes. thats it I'm done." I think he has a point sO I'm going to pay attention when and where I speed. Besides, soon the cops will ticket us. MOVING ON, heres how you modify your machine to go faster. put xt tires and fenders on an i80 or i70 or i67 and pump up the xt tires to a beefy 16-18 psi. Then discover that your new converted ht can go 16 miles an hour roughly. Its like getting a whole new key lol.

"Dont try it tho." But you should try riding tandom with a female- prefably a hot one. Its an exhilarating experience.

Ryan S. Rice

Tarkus
03-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Most who use the HT as a mobilty device don't "fly around".
Do you have a mobility problem?

The disability forum is a strange place for this thread. It should be in the General section.

KSagal
03-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I have never gotten my seg to "fly around"

Speed does not automatically corrilate to inappropriate behavior.

I have seen people be rude in black key.

Boiled down, I agree that we should show curtesy to others while on our segs, but I don't think that is a speed issue, but a respect for others sharing the space issue...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.