PDA

View Full Version : The mouse

Tarkus
03-01-2006, 01:46 AM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1044258

pam
03-01-2006, 08:51 AM
You go, Tarkus, good for you. And doing it so non-confrontively, they're listening to you. Even the lady who's screenname indicates she's pro-Disney ;) I think moms with strollers are a greater danger than the HT (having been crunched by them in the park) - and somewhere (maybe someone will remind us in who's photo album) we have photos of HTs in VERY heavily traffic'd areas. Is the "Segway Experience" tour before the park opens? If it's during park hours, then they KNOW that the HT is ok during high traffic times.
Pam

Pam

Tarkus
03-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks Pam.

I'm not out to save the world and have found over time the old "vinegar and honey" deal is for real.

All who have responded have been upfront, and that's cool.

I just don't get it, Disney has been a leader in this sort of thing for the "gimps" of the world.

And I understand speed concerns but we know that can be worked with.
!

Again all replies have been very fair.

It's just hard to keep these things about the ADA without the spin turning to "kids gone wild on scooters".

Have a good one.
Alan

wwhopper
03-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Tarkus
When dealing with any of the governing agencies, a copy of the FHWA book, Characteristics of Emerging Road Users and Their Safety, is a good book to have in hand.

It is a government funded study and report that shows that Segways are fine, and are even better than other users, such as pedestrians with baby carriages.

I use it anytime that I visit with someone who makes policy on pedestrian issues.

They are avaialble for free from the FHWA website, SEGAmerica and Redkey websites have links.

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
SEG America
The Premier Gliding Organization!

OK I know that the WOZ CUP was a TIE!

The World Cup of Segway Polo Held in New Zealand, who needs the Olympics when there is Segway Polo!

Tarkus
03-06-2006, 09:39 AM
In the end you got to give some credit to the Disney Mods for keeping things in line and not killing the thread.

As it turns out it may not have been the best place for that thread, as i did not take the time to check the wotkings of their site.