PDA

View Full Version : 3D Space Shuttle - 3D Spacewalk - 3D moon jump

spacebatman
02-09-2006, 12:22 PM
---------------------------

Better 3D Space Shuttle image to see with RED-BLUE glasses: www.gaetanomarano.it/articles/002shuttle3D.html

And now also a 3D shuttle's astronaut spacewalk and "moon jump" images.

---------------------------

I don't know if that "thing" was already published on SegwayChat, but I've found to-day on the web a very strange modified Segway with 36" wheels and a 20 mph max speed:

www.monkeyview.net/id/197/bm2003/Speeder.vhtml

http://waldenwoods.org/eswing/trials.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SEVEN new Segway waving FLAGS here: www.gaetanomarano.it/segway/segway.html

At the end of the same page, you can find the NEW Segway's landing on runway animation.

Animated Segway Humor Image here: www.gaetanomarano.it/segway/segwayhumor1.gif

FREE DOWNLOAD

If You can't access my website, try later.

----------------------------------------------
Moonrovers' Prize Competition www.gaetanomarano.it/moonprize/moonprize.html

Dragan
03-09-2006, 10:56 AM
old news, I'm afraid. A couple of years ago at least
Wayne

Segway of Alberta - Calgary
www.mysegway.ca

spacebatman
03-09-2006, 11:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Dragan

old news, I'm afraid. A couple of years ago at least
Wayne

www.mysegway.ca

thanks Dragan

but a so "old news" may be "new" for some people (like me) that haven't seen it two years ago

and, about it... why Segway Inc. (or users) don't build high speed Segway for Segway races?

Dragan
03-09-2006, 11:15 AM
If you do a search of the forum there have actually been numerous discussions at various
times about the pros and cons of speed increases and the safety issues. Personally,
I think it's playing with fire to start trying to crank up the speed for a number of reasons, not all of them safety related, and I believe much the same reasons keep this from being a starter with Segway.
Wayne

www.mysegway.ca

spacebatman
03-09-2006, 12:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dragan

I think it's playing with fire to start trying to crank up the speed for a number of reasons
Wayne
www.mysegway.ca

I agree with you about "city" Segways' speed, it's right for its purpose, but faster Segways can be made for Segway races, the "Formula 1 of Segway" with the max possible safety for drivers.

I think that, like with Formula 1, the Segways' races may help to research and develop new ideas and technologies to be applied in future Segways and electrical vehicles.

Tanner
03-09-2006, 07:46 PM
How would you feel if you were going 30+ and have the HT fail on you? Ouch...

-Tanner

----------------
Tanner S.

Stewbonz
03-09-2006, 09:19 PM
A few pictures of modified Segways:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/youngjarvis/detail?.dir=dc66&.dnm=3ae6.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/youngjarvis/detail?.dir=dc66&.dnm=90d2.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/youngjarvis/detail?.dir=dc66&.dnm=60b5.jpg&.src=ph

JEFF JARVIS
Thailand Segway Tours

spacebatman
03-09-2006, 10:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tanner

How would you feel if you were going 30+ and have the HT fail on you? Ouch...

-Tanner

motorbikes' drivers have accidents at 100+ mph with little or no injury thanks to their special suits

Segways' races can't be more dangerous than motorbikes' races

GadgetmanKen
03-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Pretty cool 3-D space shuttle image. I've got the glasses. The image is a bit blurry, like a little out of focus with the two colors, but it looked better as I backed up a bit. Moving the mouse across the screen did make it look more realistic, just like looking thru a window above the space shuttle, pretty cool.
I can't wait till I can talk some fellow SC'er to come with me to Brown County and get a Hologram done of a Segway. I know they would sell like hotcakes. Quite expensive tho. Six hundred a pop, at last visit, but this guy is one of a few in the whole world that can do them live, right there in his studio. Copies are a lot cheaper once an original is done. And, they can be passed from generation to generation, because they are said they can last up to 400 years with little to no deteriation.

"Wouldn't it be cool, if?...is like Folgers in my cup"

spacebatman
03-13-2006, 10:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by GadgetmanKen

The image is a bit blurry, like a little out of focus with the two colors, but it looked better as I backed up a bit.

the quality of the final 3-D image is due to the original low resolution (doubled via software) and low brightness .jpeg image

I'll search an high resolution image of the shuttle for a better 3-D effect (I'll publish it in the same page when ready)