PDA

View Full Version : ideas to fund!?

Cyrus
01-09-2006, 02:55 AM
i was wondering how you guys recommend a 15 year old go about making money for a segway. what kind of work and such. i do have some items i will be selling as well.

thanks!

cyrus

Instead of a car I want a Segway for my sweet 16.

pam
01-09-2006, 09:10 AM
If you're physical, we have a local young man about your age who does yard work. He charges $25 to mow my dad's front yard, and the yard is not large. (He edges and blows away the clippings off the sidewalk and driveway, too.) He's developing a very strong body, too, while he's at it. You would need to find out what the local charges are for that kind of service, and what is involved. He "assisted" another yard man for a couple of months and learned a lot. So, during the summer, he does very well (I think he charged my dad $2k to put his lawn in, took a couple of days of work and about $200 of sod). In the winter, the yard work sorta slows down.

Otherwise, there's the traditional Mickey D's, parttime jobs at the local stores, etc. I'm sure other people can think of other things. I was just really impressed with this young man.

Pam

wwhopper
01-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Everybody has projects they need done, clean and organize the garage, yard work, pet sitting, walking the dog. Some of them could be messy and not the most plesant, but work is work.

Come up with a list of the things you can do, and a list of folks who you have worked for.

Let your neighbors all know. Once they know you have a done a good job, they will hire you for others.

You should have your Segway by this time next year, if you earn and save.

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
SEG America
The Premier Gliding Organization!
http://www.SEGAmerica.org
Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

Stewbonz
01-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Get into roofing. Then you'll have everything covered.

JEFF JARVIS
http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/

cmonkey
01-09-2006, 11:16 PM
And when you help folks clean out their garages hopefully they'll give you stuff you don't need, then go sell it on ebay!

I love my magic carpet!

Cyrus
01-09-2006, 11:25 PM
thank you guys so much for all of your help. i will deffinately be looking into cleaning garges and car washes for starters. i just want to say thank you guys SO much for all of your great ideas! i am still HIGHLY open to more! thanks!

cyrus

Cyrus
01-14-2006, 08:44 AM
so as an update...i have a little over 1,000 now. i am going to work for my dad on monday to earn some money. i earn 5 bucks an hour at his store...which is deffinately minimum wage...but i am happy that i can even earn money!!