PDA

View Full Version : USES- FOR THE DANGEROUS Q CHARIOT

kraken
01-05-2006, 09:45 AM
I POSTED IN ANOTHER AREA ALSO, BUT WANTED TO MAKE SURE THIS WAS SEEN BY EVERYONE AS THE Q-CHARIOTS-AND OTHER KNOCKOFF SEGWAYS ARE BLOODY DANGEROUS.

HI OUT THERE I TO WOULD LOVE A SEGWAY BUT CANT AFFORD IT.
SO I BOUGHT A Q CHARIOT,
it was ok but pretty dangerous anywhere except in a supermarket or dead flat surface.
the first hill i came apon [going down] nearly frightened me to death,the q picked up speed and then horror of horrors,SPEED WOBBLE FROM BACK WHEELS. BLOODY HELL.
well that was the end of that,downright dangerous,but here i was stuck with a Q chariot,?????
well being a fiddler i decided to utilise the Q for parts,to make a 3 wheel trike. well it works a treat,zooms along nicely,so at least i ended up with a usefull item instead of a useless dangerous Q chariot.
OK NOW FOR OTHERS WITH Q CHARIOTS ECT,THE PARTS IN IT ARE VERY USEFULL,ESPECIALY THE TWO MAIN WHEELS WITH THE MOTORS IN THEM. they can easily be detatched and used to make an electric propelled vehicle. i reckon if you had the know how you could make a pretty decent segway type vehicle,with the wheels. would be great if you added a gyro and stuff like the guy who built his own.
WOULD END UP WITH A LOOKALIKE SEGWAY,WITH GYRO ECT,WITH MAG WHEELS FOR ONE TWENTIETH OF THE PRICE OF A REAL SEGWAY. food for thought eh.
but for now i am happy with my three wheeled trike. regards ken in australia. ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO AFFORD A REAL SEGWAY[ i hope.

ElectraGlide
01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Very interesting story Ken. And yes, there's NO substitute for the real thing! Maybe the Q can be turned into some sort of gardening tool ??
G'Day

Steve

william collins
01-09-2006, 02:52 PM
And It Looks Cute on the Porch with a big Flower Pot of Geraniums on the Step Pad

-- live with love and care, upon the level and by the square

BruceWright
01-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Sorry Kraken that you bought a Q. I did a full side-by-side comparison and write up before they were widely available. Read it here:

http://www.segwaychat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6666&whichpage=1

-Bruce Wright

Segway: Vehicle of Dream