PDA

View Full Version : PMP-2

coolfilmaker
12-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Has anyone heard about the PMP-2. This article http://wiredblogs.tripod.com/gadgets/index.blog?entry_id=1298966 calls it the Segway PMP-2. Could this be the death of the segway?

KSagal
12-06-2005, 02:20 PM
That still image surely looks to me to be similiar to that video that is over a year old, and was posted here a while back...

I think this is an interesting piece of technology, but wonder if it will be a viable transportation alternative. It seems nice, but very dependent on the skill of the rider to stay on, as opposed to the segway, where the machine seems to do all the work...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

pam
12-06-2005, 02:24 PM
I seriously doubt it would be the "death of the Segway" if it came into production at all. I certainly wouldn't buy one, because the control shaft and handlebars are important to me.
Pam

Murray Fisher
12-07-2005, 11:04 AM
I find that the location of the handlebars are important to me to sort of "orient" myself. I often glide hands off, if I am on a smooth surface and no one too near by and I have no need to make a sharp turn. I use body English putting more weight on one foot or the other for any minimal change in direction wanted. I would hate NOT to have the handlebars there though to grab just in case.

quote:Originally posted by pam

I seriously doubt it would be the "death of the Segway" if it came into production at all. I certainly wouldn't buy one, because the control shaft and handlebars are important to me.
Pam

Murray Fisher