PDA

View Full Version : Competition? I think not...

Sal
12-05-2005, 04:39 PM
http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/japanese-segway-scariness-140977.php

-Sal

Segway Chat Member since July 2003
Segway Owner since August 2003

citivolus
12-05-2005, 08:44 PM
It would make a nice remote hand truck or even a trailer for a Seg.

--
swiftly flying

Sal
12-05-2005, 08:59 PM
For the technically gifted on these forums, how about making a self-balancing "trailer" for the Segway which follows your red tail stripe? So there would be nothing physically attached to the glider, but will follow you, etc. like a normal trailer?

I'd try and make a smaller version if I had some Lego Mindstorms, and their optical sensors! :-)

-Sal

Segway Chat Member since July 2003
Segway Owner since August 2003

MagiMike
12-05-2005, 10:33 PM
A personal mobility platform for only 100,000 yen WOW

KSagal
12-06-2005, 01:03 AM
My company just bought another that had the technology of the "Mailmobile"

That device was/is as machine that can follow a stripe on the ground (Painted on) that is clear to the eye, but had a magnetic resonance that the sensor's of the machine could read...

It is one of those automated carts that drives itself around a large plant or factory, or even and office building. It travels along, but has sensors that stop it from running into people or things...

I contemplated having a device drag behind the seg on a wire, with the proper encoding. That way, any where I went my little trailer was sure to go...

Unfortunatly, the mailmobile, though smart enough to interact with elevators, is about three quarter's the size of a Mini Cooper...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

JohnM
12-06-2005, 01:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by salkulkarni

For the technically gifted on these forums, how about making a self-balancing "trailer" for the Segway which follows your red tail stripe? So there would be nothing physically attached to the glider, but will follow you, etc. like a normal trailer?

I'd try and make a smaller version if I had some Lego Mindstorms, and their optical sensors! :-)

Something like this? http://www.spawar.navy.mil/robots/movies/woodward_relay_web.mpg

JohnM
Anything worth doing for 2 hours is 10 times more worthwhile if done for 20 hours.
RUSA #235