PDA

View Full Version : Segway Gift!

panderso
11-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Our president gave a SEGWAY HT to Japan's president on his current trip. This is from an article on www.msnbc.com

Instead, they focused on friendship. Bush called Koizumi his “buddy” and gave him a Segway standup motorized scooter as a gift.

BruceWright
11-16-2005, 02:31 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!

I'll split now before the inevitable political discussion to follow.

-Bruce Wright

Segway: Vehicle of Dream

tpkanaley
11-16-2005, 02:44 PM
HAHA, I don't have a political thing to comment, just an ironic one...

so a man who fell off a Segway (I love the quote that they're "tricky to ride"...whatever) gave one to a man who runs a country where they're illegal to ride.

whatever.

Tim Kanaley
DCSEG Member
Thanks to all participated in SegwayFest - DC! We enjoyed having you here!

Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

Tarkus
11-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Who said Bush has no "master plan" .

JIMBO
11-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Here's another link to the story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051116/od_nm/bush_segway_dc

Jim Headley
Segway Orange County
~ STEP UP ! ~

Stewbonz
11-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Didn't his dad puke on the previous Japanese President during a State Dinner?

JEFF JARVIS
http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/

SegwayUtah
11-17-2005, 02:57 AM
So here's the big question:

Was it a p133? An i180? If so, what color?!?

Does anyone know if photos were taken? :)

Chris

roro
11-17-2005, 05:28 AM
It have special software:

At top speed, it will crash.

Revenge for Pearl Harbor

Rob

Buckaroo Banzai
11-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Hope Segway sales don't plummit like the Son-of-a-Bush's poll numbers. ;)
Never thought I'd miss Nixon.

P.S. I think we got our revenge for Pearl Harbor my nuking civilian cities over there, no?

"Wherever you go, there you are."
- Buckaroo Banzai

pam
11-17-2005, 01:25 PM
OK, guys. I'm going to move this to off-topic, because it's getting political. Politics can go in off topic.
Pam

JohnM
11-17-2005, 01:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Stewbonz

Didn't his dad puke on the previous Japanese President during a State Dinner?

In January of '92, truely a retched moment in Japanese/American relations.
"Why don't you just roll me under the table and let me sleep it off?" - G.H.W.Bush

Anyone know who paid for the Segway?

JohnM
Anything worth doing for 2 hours is 10 times more worthwhile if done for 20 hours.
RUSA #235

JohnM
11-17-2005, 02:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Josh Milrad

P.S. I think we got our revenge for Pearl Harbor my nuking civilian cities over there, no?

No. We got our revenge by leveling 64 cities with incendiary bombing and killing a million civilians. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were just a more efficient application of Gen. Curtis LeMay's campaign to torch the entire country.

JohnM
Anything worth doing for 2 hours is 10 times more worthwhile if done for 20 hours.
RUSA #235

KSagal
11-17-2005, 03:58 PM
You guys just recently figure out that nasty stuff happens when countries are at war?

Some situations call for response that is in kind. Most would be better handled than the way they were, but that only becomes evident in hindsight...

I get tired of all this "Hate America first" attitudes...

On a better note... I think it is great that the president gave a segway. It can be argued that he gave one of the best examples of American technology to the leader of one of the most technologicaly advanced country.

It also sets a better image than the last time the press saw him on a segway...

I do have a question. Do the flight with LiIons limitations that are set by the FAA apply to Airforce One? How did the pres get the machine there? Did he go by boat?

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

JohnM
11-17-2005, 04:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by KSagal

You guys just recently figure out that nasty stuff happens when countries are at war?

Some situations call for response that is in kind. Most would be better handled than the way they were, but that only becomes evident in hindsight...

I get tired of all this "Hate America first" attitudes...
Karl,
I always get a kick out of the way you read things into my postings.
JohnM,
Proud son of a Pearl Harbor Vet

SegwayUtah
11-17-2005, 06:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by KSagalI do have a question. Do the flight with LiIons limitations that are set by the FAA apply to Airforce One? How did the pres get the machine there? Did he go by boat?

Those regulations only apply to commercial passenger flights. I'm guessing that the President can carry all the Li-ion batteries he'd like on Air Force One, and that he can also have kitchen knives on board--which come in handy on long international flights when someone gets hungry.

Chris

wwhopper
11-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Here in DC it would be great if we were asked - "Did President Bush give you that?' or "Isn't that the same thing that W gave to the leader of Japan?"

Instead of "be careful the president fell off of one of those things" - of course I already have the reply to that etched in stone!

But it would be nice if people would see a positive and remember a positive about the Segway instead of the negative! - At least I have not heard the line about the recall in over a year!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
SEG America
The Premier Gliding Organization!
http://www.SEGAmerica.org
Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

Sal
11-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Will, that's a very good point, the "recall..." lines seem to have been recalled! LOL

-Sal

Segway Chat Member since July 2003
Segway Owner since August 2003