PDA

View Full Version : Theft Alarm

wheels
02-04-2003, 02:10 PM
An idea for us:

"Factory Enhancements Corp" has entroduced a motion-sensor alarm system for bicycles.
The "Cy-Curity" Alarm system is priced at $49.95 retail.
It consists of a motion-sensitive detector attached out of sight and a remote control unit on a key fob.

Which way.....? Segway !

Every turn on 2 wheels

CVINTON
02-07-2003, 04:33 AM
I'm a month-old HT user and have developed a remote motion alarm that is ideal for the HT. It mounts just under the handle bar and keeps them from disturbing it when parked in my carport. No need to mess with cables or chains. Comes with a tag you hang on the bar that says alarm is engaged, do not disturb, etc.

I watched as one guy set it off and looked really disappointed in himself as it shrieked. He left in embarassment!

I'm selling the package for $80. Probably a little more sophisticated than the one mentioned above.

perryn
02-11-2003, 04:02 PM
The Cy-Curity is actually very sophiticated. The motion sensor is completely adjustable through the remote, it has panic feature, a soft chirp mode, as well as a tamper report to notify you if your alarm was set off out of your presence. The unit uses 3"AAA" batteries and weighs only 3 ounces with the batteries installed. Do not be misimformed the Cy-Curity works just like a car alarm but for bikes and the like. GREAT for the Segway HT!! I would strongly recommend this system and encorage everyone research this a little further.

Kinky
02-12-2003, 05:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by perryn

The Cy-Curity is actually very sophiticated. The motion sensor is completely adjustable through the remote, it has panic feature, a soft chirp mode, as well as a tamper report to notify you if your alarm was set off out of your presence. The unit uses 3"AAA" batteries and weighs only 3 ounces with the batteries installed. Do not be misimformed the Cy-Curity works just like a car alarm but for bikes and the like. GREAT for the Segway HT!! I would strongly recommend this system and encorage everyone research this a little further.

Do they have a website?
-Kinky

CVINTON
02-13-2003, 04:03 AM
How does the Cycurity attach to the HT?

perryn
02-13-2003, 03:22 PM
The Cy-Curity mounts under the handle bars or if you have a bag or pouch you can place in there, virtually anywhere secure but preferably somewhere hidden if possible. The website is www.cy-curity.com it is very informative.

GlideMaster
02-13-2003, 10:54 PM
Nice find wheels. I especially like the remote. I think I just might make this purchase.

<center>The GlideMaster</center>
<center>http://www.geocities.co.jp/Athlete/1267/gif/segway.gif</center>
<center>Glide On</center>
quote:Originally posted by wheels

An idea for us:

"Factory Enhancements Corp" has entroduced a motion-sensor alarm system for bicycles.
The "Cy-Curity" Alarm system is priced at $49.95 retail.
It consists of a motion-sensitive detector attached out of sight and a remote control unit on a key fob.

Which way.....? Segway !

Every turn on 2 wheels

RedKey
03-30-2003, 11:23 PM
Anyone have a pic of the sign that comes with the Cy-Curity?

I've been using an alarm designed for laptops, the Cu-Curity looks very similar except it has a remote (would be nice). But, the laptop alarms do have one advantage- the built in cable can be used as 'light' physical security by running through the wheel rims.

Several companies make laptop alarms, the one I have is:
http://targus.com/product_details.asp?sku=CQ400U

Red

perryn
03-31-2003, 09:36 PM
The laptop alarms are ok but they do not have a tamper report feature nor does it have a panic mode feature. Some of the laptop alarms have an ajustable motion sensor however it is usually done with a screwdriver of sorts. The Cy-Curity is fully adjustable through the REMOTE TRANSMITTER. www.Cy-Curity.com

RedKey
04-01-2003, 12:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by perryn

The laptop alarms are ok but they do not have a tamper report feature nor does it have a panic mode feature. Some of the laptop alarms have an ajustable motion sensor however it is usually done with a screwdriver of sorts. The Cy-Curity is fully adjustable through the REMOTE TRANSMITTER. www.Cy-Curity.com

The Defon 1 does have adjustible alarm settings.
Setting 1: No motion detector, but flashes and will alarm if the cable is cut or removed.
Setting 2: Motion Detector low sensitivity, cable cut alarm, flashing light.
Setting 3: Same as 2 but with high sensitivity.

Each has it's benefits.

SegwayGTX
04-17-2003, 10:17 AM
Seems this is more like a debate about which alarm is better...
Oh well,
I am a new Seggie and so far I have no lock.

You show me a car,
I'll show you a Porsche
You show me the way, I'll show you the Segway

wwhopper
04-17-2003, 07:34 PM
I especially like the Cy-Curity remote feature - with 2 HT's I always know which keys are for which one. I do not think it does much but may give you a few extra seconds when someone who is not suppose to touch it does! Plus the remote has a little slide door over the keys - so you don't set it off when you don't want to. Wish my van remote alarm had that feature - I am always loading it with the keys in my hand and hitting the activate button at the worst moment!

Will W Hopper,IFDA
Washington, DC, USA

macgeek
10-05-2004, 12:23 PM
I also just got a Cy-Curity and I hid it in the hollow of the wheel base (I will post pictures if anyone is interested) I used industrial double stick tape as a 'starter' I may switch to waterproof epoxy in time. The pluses and minuses of mounting it there, is that its COMPLETLY hidden, but still sensative to movement and LOUD. The minuses, is that it will get splashed, muddied, and May jar loose in time. and to replace the battery I will have to remove the wheel.

Anyone else mount one anywhere?

Jonathan

ZoliHonig
10-10-2004, 12:08 AM
That's an awesome idea for the seg!
When I finnaly get mine, that's a definite accesory that I need.

Can you post some pics Johnathan?

[8]-Zoli[8]

macgeek
10-10-2004, 11:56 AM
I hid my Alarm under the wheen base, Pictures to follow

Jonathan

Segway - "Let's Roll"
www.segwaygeek.com

tpkanaley
10-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Once I find a wheel lock, I think I will look into this as well. If nothing else it will make me feel better. But I think a sign is necessary...pretty much every time I have locked up my Seg outside I come back to find someone monkeying with it.

Tim

MagiMike
10-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Tim Kanaley said
"Once I find a wheel lock"
Tim, if you are looking for a u-lock type of wheel lock check out the one listed below.

http://www.bicyclebuys.com/Items01.asp?NavID=moreinfo&SKU=1729939
Its big enough to fit the hole in the wheel and clear the fender without problems. Its what I have and I'm very happy with it.

Mike in Houston TX.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_212.gif

ions82
10-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Beware of bicycle locks that you open/unlock with one of those cylindrical keys. The lastest trick to opening them is by using a Bic pen with the end cap removed. One can just jam the end in the lock receptacle and move it around to release the tumblers. A friend of mine at the bike shop went around and picked every lock on the floor. Be careful!

macgeek
10-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Here is the thread that has the pictures of the alarm, hidden in the wheel well.

http://www.segwaychat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9258
Jonathan