PDA

View Full Version : Who would be a reseller?

4Seg
09-22-2002, 05:10 PM
Well, ok, maybe this thread is overdue on my part, but I was just curious to see how many people and from what locations around the globe would be a Segway reseller. What niche markets would you address?

My first would be public safety. I see a lot of sports fans here and too few police. At the Cardinals games, my "Segway Minded" eye sees police who are riding three-wheeled motor cycles on Segways. Heck, they probably could have purchase eight e-series for the price of that thing! It was parked on the sidewalk... hmmm. Nobody had trouble with that beast being there!

Horses are also used. They allow the officer to be above the crowd. Segway's don't eat and p**p. Just a few cents a day for operation. Again another huge cost savings to taxpayers long term.

Next I would address safety at Lambert Airport, followed by the park rangers at Forest and Shaw Park and at the Gateway Arch.

The list goes on... (I even have a store location selected - just hope that it stays vacant long enough and we have Segway's blessing.

What are your ideas?

If we could only be resellers...

See the Segway clips! http://www.stlsegway.com/movies

ftropea
09-23-2002, 01:59 PM
I probably wouldn't be a reseller because I don't have much experience in that area.. but I'd like to know someone who was one! ;)

Regarding public safety - You could combine mobile patrols (outside patrols that involve a vehicle like an automobile) with interior patrols. Security staff could easily move in and around buildings. They would have greater peripheral vision of their surroundings, improving the level of security. You would save on the cost of the auto.. fuel.. repairs/maintenance. You might be able to reduce your security staffing.. or maintain the same levels and just improve their effectiveness/productivity.

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea