PDA

View Full Version : Going to the mothership!

Chapinville
07-07-2005, 06:47 PM
It's 4:30pm and I'm sitting at the New Orleans airport waiting for my flight to Manchester. I almost cancelled my trip this morning as Hurricane Dennis is approaching the gulf and the weather service was saying it was going to hit the New Orleans area as a cat 3 or 4. Too much to do around here like packing my valuables and boarding my house. They now say it is heading to the panhandle of Florida (like they need another Hurricane) so I am taking the calculated gamble and continuing my journey to the mothership! I hope I don't end up regreting it! (The mothership is what the guys at work jokingly call my Segway dedicated trip to Manchester)[8]

http://members.cox.net/katelyn.moore/segwaywheelsmall.jpg

pam
07-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Ha! From Niceville, I wave goodbye! Looks like you might miss the bullet here - both by being on the west, and by being so far from landfall. Right now it's coming in my back door. Who knows where it will be in 72hours. I'm buying gas and running my generator. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

All you guys up in Manchester, hope you have a WONDERFUL trip.
Pam

quote:Originally posted by Chapinville

It's 4:30pm and I'm sitting at the New Orleans airport waiting for my flight to Manchester. I almost cancelled my trip this morning as Hurricane Dennis is approaching the gulf and the weather service was saying it was going to hit the New Orleans area as a cat 3 or 4. Too much to do around here like packing my valuables and boarding my house. They now say it is heading to the panhandle of Florida (like they need another Hurricane) so I am taking the calculated gamble and continuing my journey to the mothership! I hope I don't end up regreting it! (The mothership is what the guys at work jokingly call my Segway dedicated trip to Manchester)[8]

PD1
07-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Welcome to NH Chapinville. I'm pleased to see that Segway enthusiasts are coming from beyond the region. I'm cofident that all who have never visited the 'mothership' before will be impressed. PD1

The Seg I ride is named after my Aunt Eileen.

wwhopper
07-08-2005, 12:24 AM
We are arriving at an amazing rate here at SegwayFest NH!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

Stan671
07-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Steve, Joanne and I have arrived. The registration desk opens up a about 10:30 am on Friday. We'll be there.

Stan Dobrowski

Chapinville
07-08-2005, 03:15 AM
Well... I'm here... but not with out incident. I had a stop in philadelphia in which I did not have to change planes. I had a hour, so I got off the plane to get a bite to eat. The flight attendants said it was OK to leave your carry on bags on the plane... Well needless to say when I returned my 12.0 bag was gone with my laptop, digital camera ARC headlamp battery (not the light, it was in my checked bags)and most importantly... my Segway keys. US Air said they were not responsible since it was not a checked bag. I will fight it out with them in the morning...Lesson learned! Hopefully I can get a key made from my serial number so I can do some riding while I am here. I am hopeful one of the cleaning people in Philli picked up the bag because they thought it was left behind and it will show up tomorrow:(

pam
07-08-2005, 07:59 AM
I ended up in Bonita Springs without my keys and they were able to make me a new one while I was there. I think you'll be fine there. But, oh, gosh, the laptop! So sorry to hear it.
Pam

macgeek
07-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Greeting from boston, stopped over night at my sisters house and am washing and dressing to head over to manchester.

Jonathan

"Think outside the car"