PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of July!!!

yosgof
07-03-2005, 04:17 PM
To all the folks from the US best wishes for 4th of July from your international friends!!!

- Yossi
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3365119-lg.jpg

pam
07-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Thanks, Yossi!
Pam

Brooster
07-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Thank you Yossi ... we appreciate your friendship, and it's always great to hear from a Segway owner in a distant land. We have owners and SegwayChat members in several countries now, but we're all friends with something great in common.

Thanks again!

Brooster

KSagal
07-04-2005, 01:52 AM
Ditto Yossi.

Thanks for the birthday wishes to my country... When does Israel celebrate it's birthday?

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

BJ
07-04-2005, 06:22 AM
Just to echo Yossi, to all my friends in the US and all on Segchat. A happy 4th of July to you all.
I had the pleasure of being in Fort Lauderdale on the 4th July 2 years ago. There is a barge about a mile out to sea, where they let the fireworks off. Man that was a sight to behold.
I wish I had had my Seg with me and been able to glide down the A1A.
Have a good one!!
BJ

yosgof
07-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Karl,

Well, it’s a bit complicated.

All our holidays including religious festive days and regular holidays such as Independence Day are set on the Hebrew calendar. The Hebrew calendar is based on the lunar cycle and is adjusted to the regular calendar on a grand cycle with a period of 19 years (a person's birthday coincides on both calendars every 19 years).

So our Independence Day, in terms of the regular calendar occurs sometime between late April and early June. It is also adjusted so it doesn’t fall on a Shabbat (and the Friday before it). So all in all its quite complicated. For example in 2005 it was May 12 and in 2006 its going to be June 3.

I hope this is not too confusing :D

- Yossi
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3365119-lg.jpg

Dragan
07-04-2005, 10:45 AM
The best of the best on Fireworks Day from your Canadian Friends as well! We celebrate our birthday on the 1st of July up here, with all the attendant flag waving and fireworks watching. It was a good day to be Canadian, as always
Wayne

Segway of Alberta - Calgary
www.mysegway.ca

KSagal
07-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Cool and cool.

Yossi, remind us on June 1st next year...

Dragan, We'll have to try to remember...

When I lived in Germany, (Several decades ago) I recall the best fireworks that I saw were at midnight on New Years. I'd be happy to be updated.

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.