PDA

View Full Version : A testimony to Segway being like a pedestrian

SegwayUtah
07-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Two of us were riding on Segway HTs tonight, after the huge fireworks show. There were approx. 50,000 in attendance.

We strolled right along with thousands of other people in a very, very tight crowd. The HT got a few cool comments, but it was very, um, pedestrian-like.

Once the pedestrian traffic thinned out, we were able to speed up a bit during open stretches, and we were way faster getting out of there than the cars and other vehicles.

Chris

BJ
07-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Wish I had been there.
BJ

yosgof
07-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Chris, weren’t you just a tad taller than the rest of the crowd? :D

- Yossi
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3365119-lg.jpg

Meng Wong
07-05-2005, 07:28 PM
At Stone Mountain Park outside Atlanta, GA, many people had to park two miles or more from the fireworks. I can't count the number of times the walkers said "Now that's what I need" or "That's what I'm talking about." Once, even, "YOU are ABSOLUTELY AND TOTALLY THE MAN" from a guy stuck in his SUV.

---
p133 since 200505

Tanner
07-06-2005, 12:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Meng Wong

At Stone Mountain Park outside Atlanta, GA, many people had to park two miles or more from the fireworks. I can't count the number of times the walkers said "Now that's what I need" or "That's what I'm talking about." Once, even, "YOU are ABSOLUTELY AND TOTALLY THE MAN" from a guy stuck in his SUV.

---
p133 since 200505

:D[8D]

I should have looked for you on TV.... Possibly could have if you had decorated the handle bars and such.

-Tanner

----------------
Tanner S.