PDA

View Full Version : Can't glide in a straight line

gbrandwood
06-30-2005, 06:41 PM
At first I thought it was tyre pressure but I've figured out the cause. Thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else is suffering...

Basically, it boils down to this - zig zagging is so much fun! It's like skiing but without the snow! :) Hard to imagine gliding in a straight line ever again! ;)

-

To segue, or not to segue, that is the question.

X-man
06-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I thought is was because you drank too much.
I understand it's hard to also walk a straight line under those circunstances.

Bob.

"Every dog in office is obeyed with such unquestioning meekness, that every dog in office is tempted to become a cur."
William Hepworth Dixon - New America

Stewbonz
06-30-2005, 08:55 PM
My Segway has a definite pull to the right when I go by the Tavern and Pool Hall at the top of my street.

JEFF JARVIS
http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/

ZoliHonig
06-30-2005, 11:22 PM
yeah zig zagging is awesome, gliding straight is so boring!

---
[8]-Zoli[8]

X-man
06-30-2005, 11:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by ZoliHonig

yeah zig zagging is awesome, gliding straight is so boring!

---
[8]-Zoli[8]

Except when you zag when you meant to zig!

Bob.

"Every dog in office is obeyed with such unquestioning meekness, that every dog in office is tempted to become a cur."
William Hepworth Dixon - New America

gbrandwood
07-01-2005, 04:08 AM
It's just plain wrong to drink and glide! MY weaving has more to do with wide pavements, smooth tarmac, good weather and perhaps something by the Beatles playing on my FLAC player!

-

Brooster
07-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Just don't get too deep into the "slaloms." You can flip the Seg up on one wheel and have your face into the pavement in a split second. Been there and done that nearly a year ago (July 2, 2004), and I can still feel it across the right side of my face. It's not something you want to experience. The red key has a lot of snap to it ... just be careful.

Brooster

gbrandwood
07-01-2005, 04:37 PM
It's easy to believe the seg can handle anything - and I guess I'll finally realise it can't the day I'm introduced to the floor!

-

yosgof
07-01-2005, 05:44 PM
There are other reasons for a Seg to pull one way - Do you dress left or right? :D

- Yossi
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3365119-lg.jpg

Stan671
07-01-2005, 08:31 PM
I agree - I cannot seem to drive in a straight line either. I love going around things and slipping through narrow spots, riding slaloms, etc.

Stan Dobrowski

joelkfla
07-02-2005, 09:03 PM
I love gliding along the berms around office parks -- usually they have nice wide sidewalks that undulate both up & down and left to right.