PDA

View Full Version : Casual observations by a new owner

yosgof
06-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Long last I go my I180 (Lion) today!

Here are some observations from my first Seg day:

1. Segway Israel did not give me my red key. Apparently the Ministry of Transportation (which is the governing body for all vehicles here) has made this a requirement for allowing Segway import to Israel. Eventually, when the regulation has been finalized I will get my key. I guess I’ll just have to buy that button related stuff and make my own red key.

2. My HT came without the new mud guards. The dealer told me that the shipment he got (5 machines) all came like that. Is this normal?

3. Unlike the suggestions made here by answers to my previous postings, the HT does not fit nicely in the trunk of a VW Golf V. The rear seat has to be reclined. Quick release is a must!

4. I spent the better part of the day just gliding in the office with a permanent silly grin on my face. The grin seems to linger long after stopping gliding.

5. The silly grin seems to be contagious. All my employees have tried the HT (about 30 demos in one day!) and found it extremely easy. Only one managed to drive into a wall. By the end of the day the whole office was grinning.

6. Having an HT around the office is great for handling customers. The ones that want to complain are easily pacified by a demo. The ones that want to do business get the grin and are then at my mercy.

7. The black key is awesome for indoors.

8. When gliding you look down at the rest of the world. By “look down” I mean literally. You just get to be very tall. An exciting feature! I am 1.78 meters (5 foot 10) so am right there around the average. Today I got to be the tallest guy in the office.

9. People will go to great length to conceal the fact that they think their boss may be getting a little bananas. A good secretary will put them straight no matter how good they are at concealing.

Tomorrow will be the first day in the great outdoors.

- Yossi
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3365119-lg.jpg

pam
06-30-2005, 05:46 PM
YEAAAAAA!!!! Congratulations, Yossi! Many happy days ahead.
Pam

Neelix
06-30-2005, 06:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by yosgof

Long last I go my I180 (Lion) today!

~snip~

7. The black key is awesome for indoors.

~snip~

I'm willing to bet that after you get your red key and get accustomed to it, that statement will change to

7. The black key is awesome for demos.

Congrats on the new machine!

Welcome to the Revolution. :)

-------------------------
Fear not, for even though I come from the Forbidden City, I surely do not agree with the rules.
Chris Knight

woodenapple
06-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Yossi - You are right about the silly grin being contagious. I have a silly grin right now, just from reading about you finally getting your HT.

Rodney

May all your days be Segway days!

gbrandwood
06-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Glad you finally got it! What are Segway Isreal doing with all those red keys, I wonder?

Have fun!

-

To segue, or not to segue, that is the question.

JohnG
06-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Yossi, congratulations!! I'm sure you will enjoy the li-ions for years to come. They are great.

The splash guards are standard with the i180, not sure why your dealer didn't get them... He should call Segway tomorrow and find out what happened to them!

John

--
All views expressed here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer or others. Check out http://grohol.com/.

KSagal
06-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Yossi,

Happy days are here! Congrats on the new addition to the family...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

Dragan
07-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Glad to hear it Yossi! I know you've been waiting for a long time for it to arrive. You're gonna love the 180, and the lithiums will keep that smile on your face all day.

It came without splash guards???!!!??? I would be VERY curious to hear the explanation for that. I truly can't imagine Segway shipping anything that way. I think you want to check into that right away, unless you don't mind dual racing stripes up your back next time it rains
Wayne

Segway of Alberta - Calgary
www.mysegway.ca

lwillis
07-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Yes congrats...... And I would be trying to get a red key created ASAP!!

Les Willis
Looking for a glide

voiceguy
07-01-2005, 03:14 AM
Congrats Yossi!!

I've been following some of your posts over the last several weeks and was interested in hearing your experiences with the magic glider once you got it ... and will be lookin' out for more!

Voiceguy

"All I need is a full battery ... and a star to steer her by"

ElectraGlide
07-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Get a RED key and paint it BLACK !

Steve

ZoliHonig
07-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Yossi!!!! awesome, hope u enjoy it!

Too bad, my parents just left Israel yesterday.

Anyways I hope u get ur key and splash guads soon.

---
[8]-Zoli[8]