PDA

View Full Version : Locking it up.

Tarkus
06-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Ok, i've read the stuff about running a lock through the wheels but the wheels on my 180 are solid.

Whats up with that !

ZoliHonig
06-29-2005, 11:19 PM
u have to slide one of those silver/metalic things back, and it reveals the hole to put it thorough.

---
[8]-Zoli[8]

JaredHT
06-30-2005, 12:01 AM
bonzo,

Pinch the silver wheel inserts from the sides and they should be easy to remove and thread a lock through (through the wheel and fender). They should have shown you that during orientation.

Also, over one of the silver wheel inserts there is a 'notch' line in the black portion of the wheel. This identifies which wheel insert hides the tires inflation valve.

Peace,

JaredHT
Jared M. Cavalier
[/:)][/:)][/:)][/:)][/:)]
Segway of Ohio
888.6SEGWAY(673.4929)

Tarkus
06-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks guys.

X-man
06-30-2005, 12:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by JaredHT

Pinch the silver wheel inserts from the sides and they should be easy to remove and thread a lock through (through the wheel and fender). They should have shown you that during orientation.

They are not all that easy to pinch, at least the one I tried. Had to push it from the inside to loosen it. (Wheel of the machine.)

Bob.

"Every dog in office is obeyed with such unquestioning meekness, that every dog in office is tempted to become a cur."
William Hepworth Dixon - New America

John Griffiths
06-30-2005, 03:37 AM
I very carefully drilled a 1 in. hole in one wheel between the "spokes" that would line up with the hole in the fender.

Saves removing the "spoke" insert when securing your Seg. with a locking cable. The hole is inconspicuous unless you look for it.

I understand the older cable lock that secured to the center of the hub could be opened with a very simple "pic". I was told by my dealer they have been discontinued and are no longer available.

JaredHT
06-30-2005, 02:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by X-man

They are not all that easy to pinch, at least the one I tried. Had to push it from the inside to loosen it. (Wheel of the machine.)

Fair enough. I neglected to mention that I have incredibly strong fingers by means of constantly doing the imaginary 'squishing your head' of those walking by my store.

As Woody Allen said "Ya know, It's like anything else!" I'm sure some of the wheel inserts are loose and some are very tight.

Peace,

JaredHT
Jared M. Cavalier
Segway of Ohio
888.6SEGWAY(673.4929)

KSagal
06-30-2005, 02:20 PM
You know, Jared, I have done that imaginary head squishing thing with lots of people over the years...

I have always thought of it as an exercise that lessens my mental capacity... I never thought of it as increasing the strength of my fingers...

I guess I have been doing it wrong all these years!

I'm wishing you weak fingers in the future...(Less walk bys, more walk in and buys)

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

JaredHT
06-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Karl,

Why does it have to be lessening mental capacity OR strengthening fingers?

I strive for both!

Peace,

JaredHT
Jared M. Cavalier
Segway of Ohio
888.6SEGWAY(673.4929)