PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Carrier?

SegwayLA
06-28-2005, 11:58 PM
I saw a pizza carrier pictured recently on segwaychat which was mounted over one wheel. I need to have at least five carriers made, but I think a version mounted fairly low in front of the control shaft would work best, as the machine could still fit through doors while carrying large pizzas. If anyone has anything existing or could create something custom, please contact me.

Thanks!

-Jason
jason (at) segway.la

Segway Los Angeles
310.395.1395 ext 103
http://www.segway.la

X-man
06-29-2005, 12:20 AM
I hate to ask (but I will), will there be a guarantee of delivery within 30 minutes.
:)

Bob.

"Every dog in office is obeyed with such unquestioning meekness, that every dog in office is tempted to become a cur."
William Hepworth Dixon - New America

KSagal
06-29-2005, 12:59 AM
The carrier you saw was possibly mine. I believe that though I am hardly the only one with a carrier, I specifically called mine a pizza carrier.

http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/KSagal/pizza1.JPG

I have seen other alumium carriers, not specifically for pizzas, that are available. I would check the usual aftermarket sources...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

JohnM
06-29-2005, 02:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by X-man

I hate to ask (but I will), will there be a guarantee of delivery within 30 minutes.
:)
To guarantee delivery within 30 minutes something faster than a Segway is needed.
http://www.worksman.com/images/pizza.jpg
Only $525 from Worksman ;)

JohnM
If riding 2 hours is fun, then riding 20 hours is 10 times more fun.
RUSA #235

austin@SOH
06-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Segway of Oakland (slide4less) has a few nice diamond plate carriers that would do the job. I would suggest asking him...

Austin Colby (Austin@SOH)
Segway of Hagerstown
339 West Antietam Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Phone: (301) 766-0488 Mon-Fri 10am-6pm EST
Fax: (301) 766-0215

Murray Fisher
06-29-2005, 11:21 AM
I built a front carrier utilizing a leftover piece of that white plastic coated shelving material you get at Home Depot etc. It is sort of J shaped and the vertical part of the J is fastened to my control shaft with a split piece of PVC tubing with a quick release I made from a piano hinge and a suitcase clasp. The Lower part of the J works great for all kinds of things, but for your purpose would need some kind of adapter to stick out forward with a brace back to the power shaft. I use mine for lawn chairs all the time. I fasten the top of the lawn chair to the CS with a velcro strap. Mine is about a foot wide but could be the width of the Segway and you could go thru doorways fine.

quote:Originally posted by SegwayLA

I saw a pizza carrier pictured recently on segwaychat which was mounted over one wheel. I need to have at least five carriers made, but I think a version mounted fairly low in front of the control shaft would work best, as the machine could still fit through doors while carrying large pizzas. If anyone has anything existing or could create something custom, please contact me.

Thanks!

-Jason
jason (at) segway.la

Segway Los Angeles
310.395.1395 ext 103
http://www.segway.la

Murray Fisher

amturnip
06-30-2005, 07:53 AM
Instead of five pizzas, might I suggest a casserole.

SegwayLA
06-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the responses. Murray, could you email me a picture of what you created?

-Jason

Murray Fisher
06-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi Jason, I will send a pix as soon as I can. I am right exactly in the middle of getting ready to ship my 167 as a tradein when the new 180 arrives....I am sitting at the curb awaiting its delivery. I took everything off of the present Seg to get ready to make a quick switch....mine will go back in the new carton when the 180 arrives. BTW, this bracket is a piece of one of those white plastic wire covered shelves. I could send just a pix of that. I will see if I can dummy up something tomorrow. For the support on the PC shaft, I split a piece of PVC tubing and lined it with a split piece of water pipe insulation....works great and protects everything.

quote:Originally posted by SegwayLA

Thanks for the responses. Murray, could you email me a picture of what you created?

-Jason

Murray Fisher