PDA

View Full Version : NextFest

terryp
06-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Did anyone catch the program on WIRED's NextFest on the Discovery Channel or, better yet, attend the event at Navy Pier? The program was hosted by Jamie and Adam, the Mythbusters, and started with a view of a couple Segways.

The first segment was on transportation, and began with an XT and Centaur. At the very end of the show, one of the hosts said that he was disappointed that there were only two Centaurs built, because he wants one.

All the new technologies they showed were very cool. Is this an annual event?

Segway - What's holding you up?

stevew
06-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Just saw it earlier today. The mythbusters really did seem to like the XT and Centaur. They both looked like they had considerable gliding experience or are very quick learners! Nice exposure for Segway.

Segway -- Put some balance in your life.

Sleepy
06-26-2005, 09:44 PM
I think it's an annual event that started last year. Last year's NextFest was in San Francisco.

-Alex

slide4less
06-26-2005, 10:56 PM
My Mom and I were there we had to leave the segways outside and the spot was shot while we were inside at the show. I never saw the Show did anyone tape?

slide4less

Neelix
06-26-2005, 11:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by stevew

Just saw it earlier today. The mythbusters really did seem to like the XT and Centaur. They both looked like they had considerable gliding experience or are very quick learners! Nice exposure for Segway.

Segway -- Put some balance in your life.

They must have had a great coach.

-------------------------
Fear not, for even though I come from the Forbidden City, I surely do not agree with the rules.
Chris Knight

fathertime
06-27-2005, 12:49 AM
We here at Segway of Chicago have been blessed with the support of LLC and Doug Field for NextFest.
As for the guys from "Myth Busters":
Doug trained Adam on the Centaur while we trained Jamie on the XT. We got to hang out with these guys and some of the coolest cutting edge technology in the world.
I personally did many TV interviews and demos of the Centaur including, BBC, Canadian Television, Australian TV, The Gadget Show, NBC, Discovery Channel, Science Channel, and many others.
We gave so many demos on the HT that we lost count. The enthusiasm level was way up and it seems like everyone knew what the Segway was and about Dean and company.
We are exhausted but happy with the great response. Keep your eyes peeled in the next few days and weeks for some more coverage!
[^]:D[/:)]:);)[:P]

JR

pam
06-27-2005, 07:52 AM
I usually catch Mythbusters by accident, but have always enjoyed them. Does anyone know their usual night? (can you tell I don't read the TV Guide or newspapers?) LOL
Pam

Tanner
06-27-2005, 08:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by pam

I usually catch Mythbusters by accident, but have always enjoyed them. Does anyone know their usual night? (can you tell I don't read the TV Guide or newspapers?) LOL
Pam

Weds. @ 9:00 Eastern

I watched the show. I would truly be in heaven if I was there (might go next year), I might be even higher if I see a segway, and higher, if I ride one. Very cool stuff there.

-Tanner

----------------
Tanner S.

pam
06-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Thanks, Tanner

4Segway
06-28-2005, 01:44 AM
Actually, just to set the record straight.... The Mythbusters were going to use Segways for a show in Washington last year(early this year?) and after completing the Coaches Training in Florida, I went to their shop and coached them using both mine and Chris' machines. They did tape it so at some point you might see me on their show running around while trying to keep an eye on both Adam and Jamie.

FYI, one of their shops (labs?) happens to be next door to a good friend's company.

Glad to see that they haven't forgotten all that I showed them....

Laura

Laura

fathertime
06-28-2005, 09:26 PM
You may see a photo of the Centaur at NextFest by going to this site, along with lots of other cool gadgets.

http://www.core77.com/

[^]:D[/:)]:);)[:P]

JR

pam
06-28-2005, 10:40 PM
A lot of that looks like fun. Looked like you were having fun on the Centaur, Jim.
Pam

fathertime
06-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks Pam...it was certainly my pleasure to demonstrate and tell the attendees all about the wondrous Centaur. I've never seen so many slack-jawed folks trying to figure out how the Centaur stands up on it's rear wheels!
There were sooo many people that wanted one that we are all hoping it eventually goes into production!
Many thanks to Doug Field and Eric Fleming for their support at this show. [^]:D:);)[:P][:O]

JR

Matt650
06-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Slide4less - I just happened to tivo the NextFest 2005. Let me know if you want me to send you the clip in the begining of the show, showing adam riding in on the Centaur.

Matt