PDA

View Full Version : Segway of the Outer Banks, LLC

Zorba9
06-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Just visited a new (7 weeks old) dealership in Corolla,on the North Carolina Outer Banks. The Outer Banks are a chain of islands on the northeast coast of North Carolina, a popular/congested summer tourist destination. The new dealership is part of an established off-roads tour business that gives kayak and 4 wheel drive tours of the sandy, uppermost island. Ship wrecks, wild horses and lighthouses are the sight-seeing fare.

They had all 3 180's in stock, several with L-ions. I was surprised the "midnight blue" wasn't just called black. :) The owners daughter had their one XT at her house and they said she wasn't going to give it back! In addition to selling 180's they have ordered a fleet of XT's to start Segway off-road tours also. I watched as the store manager gave a couple of in-store demo's quite well, indicating LLC training to someone in the operation. I found most interesting the large variety of colored brochures and booklets that were LLC produced. Dick and Janice Burke were featured in one with their motorhome, indicating that HT's are a great combination with RV's. No mention was made that they were also dealers.

The manager came out and looked at my 167 with knobbies as I headed to the beach. He loved the tires and I assured him I'ld be back one weekend soon to try the XT. They had never heard of SegwayChat and were going to look us up. All in all they were a professional operation in a good "seasonal" location. They should do well!

KOG

Zorba9.....

Dragan
06-26-2005, 11:50 AM
I was on the technicians training in Bedford with the owner Scott, and he's a great guy. They have a long standing adverture tour business out there, and he's convinced that the Segway XT will be a great addition to their current tour offerings.

Congrats on the dealership Scott! I hope everything works great for you!
Wayne

Segway of Alberta - Calgary
www.mysegway.ca

Stan671
06-26-2005, 04:55 PM
My extended family (about 12 of us) are going on vacation at the Outer Bank in late July!

Stan Dobrowski

Zorba9
06-27-2005, 07:42 AM
I'm working 60 minutes away from the OBX, we'll have to get together for a glide Stan!

KOG

Zorba9.....

Stan671
06-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Zorba, I will find out where we will be and when and contact you privately. I'd love to meet with you for a glide.

Hmmm ... I just realized I have to convince my wife to let me bring the Segway with us.

Stan Dobrowski

austin@SOH
06-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Scott was telling us that he is going to have some awesome off road courses for the XT. It will be interesting to see how it turns out and how well a new rider can handle the Segway off-road...

Austin Colby (Austin@SOH)
Segway of Hagerstown
339 West Antietam Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Phone: (301) 766-0488 Mon-Fri 10am-6pm EST
Fax: (301) 766-0215