PDA

View Full Version : Yup; It will go 12 mph!

Florida Jim
06-24-2005, 05:56 PM
I was going toward down town Largo, and on a vacant side street was a police radar cart that shows "your speed." I headed at it as fast as the Segway would go, and 12 mph was all it would register! It might have done the advertised 12.5 mph, but it only showed whole amounts.

>^..^<

ZoliHonig
06-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Jim these things are not very accurate, there is one on my street that will only get up to 11 (with really pushing it to the speed limiter).

These things are never perfect.

---
[8]-Zoli[8]

yosgof
06-25-2005, 10:40 AM
These things are designed for cars so at these very low speeds the readings are very inaccurate.

- Yossi
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3365119-lg.jpg

BillM
06-25-2005, 12:37 PM
guys... pushing it to the speed limiter will make it go slower every single time, gauuurraanteeed!
getting it to that point just before hitting the speed limiter will get you to the 12.5mph.
you should be able to get it to its top speed, maintain, and still have room for a fist between your belly and the bar. - well an average belly ok?!?
I've proved it to everyone here many times - go ahead I'll say, push it as hard as you like - I will pass you - and I have.
the HT can turn its tires much faster than 12.5 mph - if you've ever done anything stupid, like my co-workers have, you'll be amazed at how quickly it will react.

Bill Mullen
JM Lexus
Margate, FL 33073
800 805-3987
[email protected]