PDA

View Full Version : Segway Newsletter Issue #11

pam
06-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Just dropped into my mailbox. {grin} Nice newsletter, and a nice plug for SC! I really wish I could go to NH for the Segfest!

Pam

terryp
06-22-2005, 03:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by pam

Just dropped into my mailbox. {grin} Nice newsletter, and a nice plug for SC! I really wish I could go to NH for the Segfest!

Pam

Factory tour and BBQ at DK's - wish I could go too! Second time for you though, huh Pam!

Segway - What's holding you up?

pam
06-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, a Texas girl will never pass up good BBQ. Yeah, I was fortunate enough to tour the factory and have dinner at Dean's as an early delivery winner. I highly recommend it to everyone - both the factory tour and the dinner at Dean's. I lost all my wonderful pictures of Dean's house when my harddrive crashed. It's fabulous. I'd LOVE to be able to put together my very own 180. (Just what I need a 3rd HT! LOL)

JohnM
06-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Is anyone doing more than wishing? There seems to be very little discussion about this.

A concerned ManchVegas resident needs to know..
JohnM

JohnG
06-22-2005, 07:23 PM
About what, folks coming up to see us in New Hampshire? From what I'm told, the response has been great and it looks like it'll be a load of fun. Everyone at Segway is very excited about Friday and being able to host attendees at the plant. Remember, most of Segway's employees haven't had the opportunity to interact much with customers... So this is a great opportunity for them too!

If you'd like to "build your own HT" at the plant on Friday, a note will be going out the week before detailing what you need to do in order to participate in that.

Outside of the early delivery winners, the general public hasn't had this kind of opportunity to come visit and tour the plant. Ever. We don't do plant tours, and we definitely don't let just let people on the assembly line to build their own (with a chaperone, of course!). And frankly, we may never do this again.

So yes, this is a fun and exciting opportunity that may very well be the once-in-a-lifetime kind! :)

John

--
All views expressed here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer or others. Check out http://grohol.com/.

wwhopper
06-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Anyone planning a caravan up from the Mid-Atlantic to the New Hampshire Fest. We will be just returning from the Indiana Independance Day Parades in Liberty and College Corner. Then repacking and heading up on Thursday!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

Brooster
06-23-2005, 12:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by jgrohol

Outside of the early delivery winners, the general public hasn't had this kind of opportunity to come visit and tour the plant. Ever.

Well, almost ever.

[8]:D

Brooster

pam
06-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Well, factory tours, yes, but dinner at Dean's?
Pam

macgeek
06-23-2005, 12:56 PM
I think, any segways I build I should be able to keep!

What about it john?

:)

Jonathan

"Think outside the car"

SegwayUtah
06-23-2005, 01:02 PM
It's all pretty incredible stuff. If you're going to make it only one SegwayFest this year, this very well may be the one to go to!

BBQ at Dean's. Plant tours. Dozens of Segway employees to mingle with. This will be great!

Chris

JohnG
06-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Sure, as long you paid for it, Jonathan! :)

--
All views expressed here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer or others. Check out http://grohol.com/.

wwhopper
06-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Maybe Segway will come out with a special HT version like Mercedes-Benz's AMG line - where every engine is signed by it's one person builder/maker!

I can see it NOW! - HT's made on the 8th of July '05 - Who Made Them? And can they be used for Segway Polo?

Next time I see Ralph Nader on the streets of DC, I will ask him if he plans on writing a book about them (I almost ran over him once in my car - he gave me a very dirty look!)

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

Brooster
06-24-2005, 12:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by pam

Well, factory tours, yes, but dinner at Dean's?
Pam

I didn't get dinner at Dean's, but dinner with Dean and several others from the original Segway Team at the Bedford Village Inn was a great privilege ... and one I'll always be thankful for.

We celebrated the very first day of general consumer orientations, February 22, 2003, in grand style.

LadyBroo and I were presented with a small gift that evening, a Segway "bug" made entirely of Segway parts. It's something we still treasure. It's "back" is a solid state gyro. It's the great work of a guy named Larry L., whom I'm not sure still works for Segway or not.

http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/ftropea/segbug1.jpg

I heartily encourage all of you who can make it to NH to go. You'll be glad you made the trip.

Brooster