PDA

View Full Version : Things I would do had I actually had a Segway

yosgof
06-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Today I was told by Segway Israel that the delivery of my I180 is delayed by yet another 14 days. This is after the previous delay of 14 days.

So reading Brooster's posting (http://www.segwaychat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11265) I decided to start this thread: Things I would do had I actually had a Segway.

The first thing on my list is participating in a musical based on Fiddler on the Roof:

(this is my monologue)

"Dear LLC, you made many, many Segways.
I realize, of course, that it's no shame to be without one.
But it's no great honor either!
So, what would have been so terrible if I had a nice I180?"

(now imagine me singing)

If I had an HT,
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy glide.
If I were a Segway man.
I wouldn't have to walk hard.
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
If I had a biddy biddy Seg,
Yidle-diddle-didle-didle Way…

The next one is participating in a remake of Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors (while trying to get a Segway).

- Yossi
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3365119-lg.jpg

terryp
06-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Yossi,

Those of us who were among the first to buy understand your frustration, but we had to wait six months for our machines. I know that doesn't make it any easier for you, but hang in there. It will be worth the wait.

Segway - What's holding you up?

yosgof
06-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Terryp,

Thanks for your encouragement.

About a year ago I bought a new VW Golf V, then just fresh new on the market (actually you still don’t have this model in the US). I had my car heavily customized with various factory installed modifications so it was actually custom produced for me.

The good people of VW Germany managed to do all that and have my car delivered from Europe in about 5 weeks.

The good people from Segway LLC can not ship a regular I180 for two month.

Now is an I180 that much complicated than a VW Golf?

- Yossi

KSagal
06-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Of course a seg is far more advanced than a car.

Cars have been around for over 100 years.

If you turn off your VW, will you fall on your face?

Also, Volkswagon may have a few more resourses at their disposal.

Seriously, I was told the big hold up was on the new batteries, which are not being manufactured at Segway. If the battery company does not supply them, there is not much that LLC can do to make it to you...

Have you asked if you could have a non LI machine and then swap the batteries later? That may be a solution to the time crunch... Of course, if you already tried, ...SOrry.

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

X-man
06-19-2005, 05:40 PM
I can empatize with you, Yossi.
From the time I called the dealer and the arrival of my machine were among the longest three days of my life. [:0]

Bob.

Where goeth I, goeth my Segway.

KSagal
06-19-2005, 11:26 PM
X-man, that was cruel. (he's been waiting for weeks!)

Yossi,

This gives you enough time to hop an El Al flight into Boston. You can stay at my house, and next weekend (the 25th) we can drive down to NYC for Itsi's fest, and then two weekends later, go up to the factory and the Manchester Segfest, and you can fly home to your machine waiting for you...

Karl Ian Sagal

apollo
06-20-2005, 01:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by KSagal

This gives you enough time to hop an El Al flight into Boston. You can stay at my house, and next weekend (the 25th) we can drive down to NYC for Itsi's fest, and then two weekends later, go up to the factory and the Manchester Segfest, and you can fly home to your machine waiting for you...

That trip would probably cost him almost as much as his segway did.
~just a thought~

-----
[Disclaimer - This post was not in any way meant to offend, make mad, or piss off the reader(s) of said post. If said reader(s) are offended, made mad, or pissed off, then get over it. I bet you've got more imprtant things to do than get hot under the collar over a random internet forum post like this.]

yosgof
06-20-2005, 02:18 AM
Karl,

Thanks for the kind invitation, it's a great idea but Apolo is probably right.

Is it politically correct to mention Itsi's name here? Will it get me banned?

- Yossi

KSagal
06-20-2005, 03:05 AM
My guess its likly to get you in trouble. Its sure i will not be making people happy to mention it. Sincerely, I don't know if it is forbidden.

Regardless of recent events, he still is a positive force in the Segging community.

Karl Ian Sagal

pam
06-20-2005, 07:54 AM
You all can talk about whatever you like as long as you're not being disruptive on the board. If you have a question about a specific topic and are not sure, just email me privately through my forum email.
Pam

segwayowner
06-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Yosgof, i am leaving on ELAL for israel today for a short trip, and I was going to look for Segway Tel Aviv.
I am sorry you havent gotten ut seg yet, but I promise you its worth the wait. Has there been any governmental response?
I have a great idea for a performance with like 12-20 segs for Yom Ha'Atzmut to go allong with the dancers... I will email you.
DES

DES: Segway owner....
it has a nice ring to it
Dont take a ride, take a G L I D E. . .

yosgof
06-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Des, I was thinking more of Yom Kipur.

- Yossi