PDA

View Full Version : Another Negative Article

junio1r
06-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Another negative article appeared in the Atlanta area today. It's based on the Washington, D.C. police concern over the Segway on sidewalks. Basically, the story says they should not be allowed on sidewalks because they are dangerous to pedestrials and the chief spokesman is the capitol police chief. not good. does it seem like there are more and more of these negative stories appearing?

wwhopper
06-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Interesting to hear you report this, it is not the DC police, the Park Police, just the Metro Rail Police, who themselves (the officers) love the Segway - it is the red tape masters above them that cannot see the benefits of this transportation technology!

See my post today about the Washington Post Article! Which once you read it is a pro segway article - or "what is all the fuss about?" article, especially when it shows that some folks in power, have no idea what they are talking about, when they talk about Segways!

MPD officers in DC patrol on Segways all over DC (thanks to the sales force at Capital Segway)

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

yosgof
06-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Junio1r,

Why are you so worried? I didn't see any concerned postings from Segway LLC.

I think is has to do with their unique marketing strategy. After all everyone knows that bad publicity is better than no publicity.

- Yossi
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3365119-lg.jpg

Sal
06-19-2005, 03:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by yosgof

I think is has to do with their unique marketing strategy. After all everyone knows that bad publicity is better than no publicity.

- Yossi
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3365119-lg.jpg

One of the funniest things I have ever read on SC.

-Sal

Think Different
www.apple.com

JohnM
06-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Another less than flattering DC Article:
http://www.dcexaminer.com/articles/2005/06/19/columns/sprawl_and_crawl/79sprawl20.txt
quote:This whole debate strikes me as silly. These Segways are extremely limited transportation devices and there is little or no need to allow them into already crowded train cars and stations. One underlying issue seems to be a conference planned for September called "Segwayfest," and the last thing Metro wants to do is seem unsympathetic to the literally tens of enthusiasts this event will bring into town.

JohnM
If riding 2 hours is fun, then riding 20 hours is 10 times more fun.
RUSA #235

tpkanaley
06-20-2005, 10:16 AM
I responded to this guy... he clearly has no clue. Told him that thankfully his paper (the Examiner) is about as ubiquitous as a Segway, and that in a city where every other person drives a $50K+ car, why is he making a fuss about the cost of a Segway (which he got wrong anyway!)

wwhopper
06-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Interestingly enough the Examiner is a free paper distrubited in only the upper income neighborhoods! And many have requested that distribution STOP because it is such a poor representation of the news media!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!