PDA

View Full Version : Segway of Long Beach Guided Tour

Nightline
06-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi All,

Did the Segway of Long Beach guided tour today. Actually, the owner asked me to come in and go along as a test to how well everything worked. He even let me bring a friend along to get some feedback. It was pretty interesting how they have it setup with Ipod's. The tour was extremely informative, and it is narrated by an Olympic Gold Medalist swimmer.

For nearly two hours, you get to discover all Long Beach has to offer including the newly designed Pike Pier, Rainbow Harbor, and the Aquarium of the Pacific. You also glide over Queen’s Way Bridge to the majestic Queen Mary. And just when you thought it might be all over, you get to see Shoreline Park, Shoreline Village, Rainbow Lagoon and the Long Beach Marina.

It's a great way to experience and learn about the history of Long Beach.

I definitely recommand this for anyone that lives in the L.A. area, not only will you have a great glide, but you will leave with a wealth of knowledge.

The website shows the price as being $95 per person, but I think it is really $75. Of course that includes a Segway, so if you have your own, I would assume there would be a considerable drop in price, but don't quote me on it.

If you check it out, make sure you tell them that Rodney sent you!!

http://www.segwaylb.com

------------------------
I love riding my Red i80
------------------------
Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it. - Maya Angelou