SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Just Seg-it
Just Seg-it is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Thumbs up Please Vote For Segway Project

Just Seg-it is a business initiative that has been selected for a prize money contest among many other business endeavours by BBVA (Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria) Open Talent (YOU CAN VOTE ON) http://www.bbvaopentalent.com/just-seg-it/ in the division of tourism for its innovation and creativity using new technologies. This company has been created from the conviction of a personal idea of revolutionizing the concept of urban tourism in the city of Madrid.

This project also has the backing from the IMADE (Instituto Madrileño del Desarrollo) the European Union (Fondo Social Europeo), the Consejer*a de Empleo and Deliotte (World Wide Consulting Company).

THE CONCEPT: What better way to see the Spanish capital in a modern Segway i2 (www.segway.com), which allows you to see the city standing (not walking) without getting tired at cruise speed of 4 to 8 km per hour, capturing the essence of the places and people of Madrid and assisted by a guide / monitor expert in teaching and handling of the Segway i2. In addition, the visit will include in the use of an MP3 in the language you choose. The visitor “GLIDER” will be able to listen to the explanations and facts of all the historical, cultural and artistic aspects of the routes he or she chooses.

The city center is increasingly closing to pedestrian traffic. This area cannot be entered by cars or tour buses. With Just Seg-it you can! The Segway i2 provides the glider with a great venue in transportation that is fast, original, comfortable, ecological and unique.

Not only is it the most eco-efficient and fast way to visit a city, it is also the least tiring and above all the most fun. Just Seg-it, guarantees you will have an unforgettable experience riding the new Segway i2. Just the fact of being able to test this form of transportation is in itself part of the interest of the visit. There are even people who say:

"... Even if I had not seen any part the city, I would repeat the tour on a Segway i2….the best part of it is that I've visited in a couple of hours all that I could of not seen in several days with no sweat or effort and with all the relevant information provided by the monitor and the MP3´s…..Super fun .......... YOU HAVE TO TRY IT"

In addition, the Segway i2 has a range of 40 km and can reach up to 20 km / hour, making the user move at a much higher speed than walking between one point to another point of interest, therefore you can better recreate yourself on the scenery and important aspects of the tour when you reach the intended destination.

In short, my company Just Seg-it together with the Segway i2´s the MP3´s in multiple languages and specialized guides provide an unparalleled way see the city of Madrid in a very fun, fast, effortless and ecological way. I am convinced that this will be a very profitable business that will create jobs and wealth, and provide a service that is in high demand world-wide, therefore I can for see the expansion of this company in the near future.

SUPPORT this effort and, PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS PROJECT.

JUST SEG -IT: Business with future and for the future.

If you would like to support my project in BBVA Open talent,
PLEASE go to: http://www.bbvaopentalent.com/just-seg-it/

CLICK on VOTAR.

Thank you very much, Jan van der Mersch
Just Seg-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Creo que yo ha votado, pero todav*a estoy esperando por el website!! Aparece que hay una problema.

Bueno suerte!

I presume the multi-lingual MP3s are primarily for the tour aspects. How do you plan to handle training and coordination? Presumably these would not do so well as canned audio
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
Creo que yo ha votado, pero todav*a estoy esperando por el website!! Aparece que hay una problema.
No, eventually it times out, without any content in the vote count, and when I refresh, the vote count is still 79, which is what it was before I voted. And trying again just repeats the process.

It's broken, and it's depriving you of votes!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
No, eventually it times out, without any content in the vote count, and when I refresh, the vote count is still 79, which is what it was before I voted. And trying again just repeats the process.

It's broken, and it's depriving you of votes!
It looks like it's better now. The vote count is up to 81. I can't tell if my vote counted, and retrying doesn't increment, but perhaps it already counted.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
Just Seg-it

5 yr Member

Hello Bob, yes the page takes a bit of a while to load the votes, but seems it does load eventually. Anyway it only takes 1 vote from each IP Nº or user, thit is why it is so important to get as many people as possible to VOTE. I trully appreciate your help. every one is wellcome to vote by the way. On your training question it is mosltly to be given in English or Spanish by the tour monitor but anyone that needs more information will have the translated training instructions available in their language. The MP3´s will have numbered tracks for each point of interest so the only thing the monitor has to indicate is on what track everyone should be. Nº1 Puerta del Sol/ Nº2 Plaza Mayor, for example. People who´d rather listen to the monitor, can do so in English or Spanish
Your spanish is very good by the way, it looks like you practice. Once again I appreciate you collaboration and support. It´s great to make new friends out there......
THANK YOU everybody for your support,
Best Wishes,
Jan van der Mersch
Old 03-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Seg-it View Post
Your spanish is very good by the way, it looks like you practice.
Not so good, really. Good enough to know I meant 'buena suerte", but not good enough to catch the typo as I wrote. And my grammar has really gotten bad, though helping one daughter through Spanish class helped a bit. I use it occasionally, but it's really hard for me to speak it, without getting tangled up with Japanese, which I use more.

I'm reasonably comfortable reading it.

I was hoping it was doing it by IP, since failing to increment would indicate it got mine, even though it didn't respond.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
Just Seg-it

5 yr Member

The Just Seg-it page doesn´t really comfirm you voted. I just hope it does get all the votes in. I read about your fall I hope your O.K. I tried to vote for Woz but the ABC page does´nt read or deliver a lot of stuff outside de U.S.
"otese kare tama deshta domo arigato"
best wishes, Jan
Old 03-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Seg-it View Post
"otese kare tama deshta domo arigato"
best wishes, Jan
OK, now you've got me all tangled up on the Japanese...polite phrases have been known to do that, especially rendered in romaji. My wife will be amused.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #9
Just Seg-it

5 yr Member

I guess your wife is from Japan? She´ll crack up when she reads what I wrote. It is probably totally wrong....but well, I try....
Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #10
Madsegs
Madsegs will become famous soon enoughMadsegs will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

You got my vote (and its my bank too).

Don´t you just love segs, i´m always riding mine.

Madsegs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
please vote